Status: On going

Right Girl

Don't be such a coward

“Sam, would you like me if I told you I like you?”

I never got the guts to ask her that question ever since the day I liked her. I know that Sam values our friendship so much because I’m the first friend she ever has. I hate to admit this but I became a coward. I’m scared that she doesn’t feel the same or she’ll just reject me and I can’t take the heartbreak because Sam is different.

“Good morning Sam” I smiled when I saw her opened her eyes. When she realized I was in her room, she covered her body with the comforter. As if I’ve never slept there.

“What’s your problem? I’ve slept here before, remember?” I teased.

Sam wasn’t in the mood today. She was quiet and not that cheerful, unlike every day I see her smiling and laughing all the time. It bugged me. I thought it has something to do with last night.

This is what I’m scared of; she’s changing her actions, the way we bond and I can tell that it sucks.

I grabbed the cup of coffee I made for her while she was asleep. I know she likes coffee so much, “Hang-over?” I asked.

Sam blinked a few times before getting the cup of coffee free from my hand; she looks confused, “Are you the guy who dragged me out of the bar?” She suddenly asked.

I nodded and smiled back. But the truth is: I was praying that she couldn’t remember everything and most of all, I pray that she remember what I’ve said in the car.

I sat beside Sam and noticed she was sweating so hard. She looked sick and I’m sure that it wasn’t because of the hang-over she got or maybe I was wrong. It was her first time to drink yesterday.

“Sam, are you sick?” I touched her forehead and she was very hot. Not the normal temperature. She has fever. I looked at her a little bit worried.

“Sam, I’m sorry”

No response from her.

“Sam, I said, I’m sorry!” I exclaimed.

Sam looked at me and smiled, “Sorry for what, Garrett?”

I rolled my eyes and sighed loudly then pushed myself onto her bed. Why is she suddenly acting so strange all of a sudden? Like she doesn’t know what happened last night. “I’m sorry for acting so rude last night” I added back.

Sam smiled at me and nodded, “It’s alright. You have a show to start, I understand. No need to worry, we’re okay, Garrett”

I breathed deeply and bit my lower lip, “Thanks, Sam. I was looking all over for you last night. I almost fell over the stage just because I was too busy looking at the crowd to see if you were there”

Sam giggled and sighed, “Nick invited me to go somewhere and yeah, bad decision, right? Well, good thing you came along and once again, you saved my day!”

I asked Sam to go to the hospital because she was so hot but she insisted and protested at going and wanted to stay home instead. I can’t hide that I’m really worried but it would make things worse if we would just fight about it over and over again.

I called Mandy to come over but she was too busy with her modeling stuff. So I had to call someone else,

“Hello Lisa?”

“Hi,Garrett!” Lisa answered quickly.

“Can I ask a favor?”

”Yeah, sure,Garrett”

“Can you come over to Sam’s house? She’s sick and I can’t take off her clothes because of obvious reasons that I would be happy if I don’t need to tell it to you anymore. I know you hate her but.. Please, Lisa? Please?”
I snickered.

“She’s sick?! Okay, I’ll come over. By the way, I don’t hate her anymore”

I smiled after I hear what Lisa said, I don’t hate her anymore. I can feel Lisa’s change and it made me proud and happy for her.

I ran back up to Sam’s room and caught her sleeping. Even though I wanted to take care of her, I just can’t. She’s a girl and there should be limitations for a guy like me. So I’ll just wait here for Lisa to arrive.

I sat on the edge of the bed and watched her as she makes funny faces while she sleeps. Not being a creeper at all, but she looks cute when she sleeps. Sometimes, I enjoy watching her sleep and I like the feeling I’m beside her when she sleeps.

After how many minutes passed the door bell continuously rang. I ran downstairs and opened the door to see Lisa who has a big grin on her face, “What are you doing here?” Lisa asked suspiciously and chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and pulled her in. “I think I get it. How did you manage to do it with someone like Sam? She’s like innocent!” Lisa shouted.

I covered her mouth with a pillow and sighed, “What are you doing? We didn’t do anything. She was drunk last night and good thing she was with Nick. So Nick called me and there!” I explained with weird hand gestures.

Lisa groaned and stomped her way upstairs, “You’re stupid, Nickelsen”

How am I stupid? Why did I become stupid? What did I do to her to call me stupid just like that?

I ran upstairs but Lisa shut the door in front of me, “No boys allowed. I’ll change her clothes and ready a face towel with warm water, got it?”

I ran back again downstairs and to the kitchen to get what’s needed. I knocked on Sam’s room and Lisa greeted me with a smile full of sarcasm, “You can’t still come on, bro. Girl stuff”

I sat on the couch and flipped on some TV channels that I can watch but nothing comes to my interest because I’m still worried about Sam. I want to see how she’s doing but I can’t. Girl Stuff.

I heard Lisa coming down on the stairs and I put the TV sound on mute as she appeared in front of me, “Sam’s fever went down. When you need to do this again, call me and don’t do it by yourself. Take care, Nickelsen”

I grabbed Lisa’s arm and smiled, “Thanks Lisa”

Lisa’s smile turned into a smirk, “I want to talk to you about something”

“Spit it out” I said as I jump back on the couch and started flipping through channels again.

“Garrett, don't play with Sam” was the words that came out of Lisa's mouth.

“I'm not playing with Sam, Lisa” I pointed out with my bored tone of voice.

“Sam, is a great person. We all know that you suck at relationships!” Lisa yelled. I saw her hand turned into a fist.

“Why? Can't I try and have a long lasting relationship with her? Don't get scared that I might screw up and hurt Sam, Lisa. I'll do anything not to screw this up even though I'm not even sure if Sam likes me ba--”

“Sam likes you, dumb ass!” Lisa shouted.

“How could you be so blind to see?” She continued to point out.

I shook my head and smiled, “She was not like the others who just say it in my face. Sam was always so gentle because even her, she doesn't want to screw things up”

Before Lisa could answer back, we heard a loud sound that came from Sam's room. Lisa and I hurriedly made our way to her room and saw her lying on her floor.

“Shit, Sam!” I exclaimed as I tried to carry her with Lisa.

“We have got to get her to the hospital, dumb ass!” Lisa shouted at my ear.

I grabbed my car keys and drove to the nearest hospital. Sam was still unconscious and it made me worry a lot more. It was the first time I ever felt so worried about a person actually.

I sat on one of the seats with Lisa beside me as one of the nurse grabbed Sam from my hands. “Everything will be okay, Garrett. She just has fever” Lisa whispered, trying to comfort me since the we land foot on the hospital grounds.

It didn't took long enough when the doctor came out, “Samantha is fine. Just fatigue due to lack of sleep and stress. Her body is also weak right now because of her fever, but nothing else, she's doing okay. Nothing to worry about. You can take her home when she wakes up”

I smiled at the doctor and ran towards Sam's room. But before I opened the door, “Lisa, you can go home. You helped enough already” I ordered.

Lisa nodded, smiled back and patted my shoulder, “She's all yours now, Garrett. Take good care of her. You know what I mean, right?”

As soon as Lisa turned around, I opened the door and the sleeping Sam still appeared in front of me, “You're asleep all day already, Sam. But that's okay. The doctor said, you had lack of sleep and stress all together plus fever that made things even worse”

I sat on the chair next to her bed and talked to her even though she's asleep, “Why do lack sleep? Is it because of school work? Uh, you study so hard. You need some time to rest, Sam”

&&

“Garrett? Garrett? Garrett!” Someone called out.

I opened my eyes slowly and saw Sam changed into a sitting position. I fell asleep while looking after her.

“Oh, how are you, Sam?” I asked.

“Fine. Little dizzy but fine” She answered.

I smiled at her and touched her forehead, “You're not that hot anymore. That's good!”

Sam chuckled and coughed a little, “So, what happened last night?”

Sam pulled my gave some space for me to sit beside her on her hospital bed. I sat beside her and giggled, “You were gone. My friend, Nick, sent me a message that you were with you and you were fucking drunk--”

Sam covered my mouth with her weak hands as she frowned, “Not that. I mean, what happened to you last night? When we were talking, remember?”

I know what she's talking about. But if I confess to her right now, I don't know what might happen next. “What happened when we were talking?” I acted innocent. I can't just screw this up.

“You told me that you lo--”

But then I realized, there are some thing that you will never have the answers unless you try and get them. I won't know her true feelings if I won't try and know them from her personally.

Without even thinking about my actions, I grabbed her face and let my lips capture hers. I want to pull back but what if I got the chance but I didn't continue it because I was being a coward? I really like this girl beside me and I can't just let that chance go.

“.. love me” Sam continued her sentence after the both of us pulled away.

I pulled her head closer and our foreheads are leaning on one another. I can feel her breath brushing my lips and her smile appeared on his lips, “Do you trust me, Sam?” I asked.

“I do, Garrett. I trust you so much”

“You know I won't hurt you, right?” I asked again.

“I know you won't do that. I trust you, Garrett

I told Sam to rest some more while we're in the hospital. At least the nurses can take care of her more than I can because I suck at that. I can't even touch her.

My phone rang and I started to panic since I can't find it and it might wake Sam up I won't find it sooner. “Shit. Where are you phone?” I exclaimed as I search through my pocket.

“Hello?” I answered after I found it underneath Sam's pillow. Good thing it didn't woke her up.

“Hey! What happened to Sam?” Asked by someone who has the same voice as Pat.

I looked at my phone screen and it says the caller is John. Must been he was with all of them, “She's fine!” I answered after letting the phone go far enough from my ear because of Pat's voice.

“Good! Tell her that Pat is worried!”

“Me too! Jared too! John too! Don't forget Kennedy!” I heard them shout from the background. Looks like Lisa told them about Sam.

I glanced at Sam and being unlucky, she woke up. I turned back to my phone and shouted, “I'll tell her that. I gotta go. Bye, idiots”

I rushed over to Sam and brushed the hair covering her pale face, “Are you ready to go home?”

Sam nodded and bit her lower lip, “I am. Even I can't explain how excited I am to go home now”

After I discharged Sam from the hospital, I grabbed her hand and supported her walk to the car. She gripped on my hand tightly.

“Garrett, I think you should go home now. Your parents might be looking for you” She said softly.

I smirked, “Nope. I told Trey I won't be coming home yesterday and tonight”

“Garrett, I like you too”

I looked at Sam with a shocked expression. She covered her mouth with embarrassment, “I heard your question last night at the car. I was just to dizzy to answer back. But yeah..”

It became quiet for a while in the car but we were both smiling like fools. It was a happy moment for me, of course. I can't even hide it anymore.

“Yeah, I like you too, Garrett”
♠ ♠ ♠
I want to spill something out..
To the readers: This is just the beginning of the real story ansdnaskf twist and turns will happen.
:-------)