Status: On going

Right Girl

Do you know the difference from like and love?

Garrett Nickelsen:

I couldn’t believe what happened last night. I never imagined someone could do that to Sam at a time I left her all by herself when she needed me the most. But there’s a reason why I refused to stop her. When she told me, “Is there something else that you don't want to tell me..” Because in fact, what she said is definitely true.

I walked away from her last night at the party while thinking of those lines. How will I ever explain to her that what we’re doing right now started off with just a piece of lie just to get her by? What if she finds out everything?

I tried to call her today but she wouldn’t answer. I tried to call at their house in the middle of the morning but they won’t answer, even though, I know that I’m getting annoying. I waited for her at school today but she didn’t come. I got worried but more scared. It’s not usual for Sam to be like this.

At lunch time, I sat with Lisa and my other friends at the lunch table. It was the first time I did this again because Sam wasn’t here.

“So, I heard, Sam almost got raped” A friend whispered

“She did not! My friend was just too drunk that time” Lisa defended.

I was feeling invisible. They started off with that topic as if I wasn’t there. But then I remembered, no one at school knows that I’m dating Sam except for Lisa.. I think. Sam and I don’t want to be the talk of the town again.

“But it would be better if someone didn’t leave her there alone. Right, Garrett?” Lisa looked at me with an angry look. I rolled my eyes and continued to eat my lunch.

After eating, I pulled Lisa out of the lunch area and from our friends, “What are you trying to say?!” I asked angrily.

“What I’m trying to point out is, Garrett, you’re screwing up again!” She answered back.

“What? How am I screwing up?” I bit my lower lip.

“You see, I heard you fight last night. All I did was pray that you would stop her from walking away. But you didn’t, Garrett! You just like to see people leave you behind. I thought Sam was different to you?” She yelled.

“She is! But.. I don’t know. When I saw her really mad at me, I couldn’t do anything because I’m afraid that she’ll get mad at me even more. I screwed up last night, Lisa. But I’m going to fix this. After all that happened last night, I’m going to fix this” I replied.

I saw Lisa smiled, “Good. I love seeing you and Sam together. You both deserve each other, you know? Don’t let a girl like her slip away because she’s one of a kind, Gar. You’re stupid if you let her slip right out of your hands”

One mistake, one lie, one plan: that would be a great reason to let her slip away from me--- Slip away from my life.

“I talked to Kyle about what happened last night. He really is sorry. He liked Sam. But she kept on calling you while Kyle tried to do those shitty stuff at her, that’s when he realized that Sam likes you--- No, she loves you that fucking much” Lisa explained.

“Love?”

“Yes, Garrett. You must know the difference from like and love or else you’re stupid, okay?”

“Do you like her?” Lisa asked.

“No, Lisa” I answered.

“What the fuck?!” She exclaimed.

“I love her, so chill, Lisa” I chuckled. Lisa patted my head and walked away with a smile on her face.

I tried to call Sam again but she wouldn’t pick up. I can’t wait for dismissal but if I skip classes again, my parents will be called by the discipline office so I really have to wait.

At class, I couldn't stop and think about Sam. If she's okay or she's not. Does she need me or not?

Samantha Brooks:

“Why can't you face Garrett, Sam?” Sabrina asked as she brushed my hair.

“I've caused so much trouble for him but he's always there. I feel like I'm just nonsense. I even feel like I don't deserve a guy like him” I answered honestly.

“You do like him, right?”

“Yes, so much, Sab. I don't even know if it's like anymore” I replied after I sighed.

“Love, then?” She questioned.

“You can say it like that. It's been a year since I met him and I'm with him everyday so it's not shocking for me when I fell in love so sudden” I explained.

“Yeah, you have a point, Sam. But you have to know that, when it comes to love, it's not a shock when the person who loves you gives you everything or he does everything for you, because that's love, Sam. Understand?” Sabrina smiled at me sweetly.

I understand her very much. But what can I do for Garrett? He did so much and I did so little. What kind of girl am I?

Sabrina continued to brush my hair, “You have to face Garrett or else he'll think the other way, Sam. Trust me, I experienced this already”

I chuckled and changed into an Indian sit on my bed beside Sabrina, “You know what, I suck at this thing called love but I'll try my best not to screw up for Garrett”

Sabrina kissed my forehead and stood up, “Good, Sam. To start this: answer his calls. You're phone kept on ringing under your bed!”

I fell off my bed when Sabrina pushed me off. I rolled down and reached for my phone that has 6 missed calls from Garrett.

“So, what do you want for lunch?” Sabrina asked as she placed her arms on her waist.

“Anything will do, Sab”

Last night:

“What happened to Sam, Garrett?” Sabrina asked as Garrett helped me walk properly.

“Samantha! What the hell happened to you?!” Sabrina yelled.

“I was drunk, okay! I had a fight with Garrett but please don't ask why because I don't want to remember it ,and a drunk guy tried to kiss me, that explains the torn dress but good thing Garrett saved me” I tried to explain like I wasn't drunk a while ago.

I turned to Garrett who was still worried about me, “You can go home now, Garrett”

Garrett shook his head, “No, I'm not going to leave you like this!”

“Garrett! I can take care of myself and Sabrina is here. She can do that” I answered back.
Sabrina replaced Garret on holding me. He didn't say anything and walked out of the door. I don't know what happened to me that time but I just couldn't face him.

After he left, Sabrina helped me to my room and all I did was cry. I cried myself to sleep last night with Sabrina by my side.

“You shouldn't have done that. You hurt Garrett, dear” Sabrina whispered.

“I hurt him enough tonight. I can't even face him” I answered back.

“You have to face him. You have to”

&&

“Oh my God, Sam! Is this your way of getting free from depression? You watch zombie movies? Dead people who likes to eat their own kind?!” Sabrina exclaimed as she handed me the popcorn.

“Uh-uh. Now shut up!” I hissed and grabbed some popcorn.

On the middle of the movie, Sabrina ran off to her room and left me on the living room, watching alone with myself. I don't get it why she hates zombies?

Someone knocked on the door. I hopped all the way to the door and swing it open, “Yes?” My mouth hang open when I saw him on the front door.

He can't look at me. Garrett was looking on the ground, “How are you?” He asked.

I closed the door behind me instead of pulling him in the house where Sabrina can see us and start to interrogate us. I slid my hands in my pocket and bit my lower lip, “I'm doing okay now”

“Sam, I---”

I didn't let him finish, I hugged him tightly. By this small action, at least I can make him feel loved, even though, he did many things for me. I just wish he can feel my feeling even through this small actions that means so much to me.

“Sam, can I ask you something but don't move. Let's stay like this for a while” Garrett chuckled.

“What is it, Nickelsen?” I asked

“Do you know what's the difference of love and like?”

Of course, I have to act innocent, “No, tell me what's the difference”

“Like is having feelings for someone but it's not that strong, it's like you're just getting to know that person or being friends with that person is already enough; love is the strongest feeling in the world, it came make the impossible possible and it can change people's lives or everything about them. But sometimes, it gets too powerful that it's not even right anymore. Sometimes, it's a lie” He answered straightly.

I chuckled, “Did you do some research?” I asked

“N-n-n-no, I just read a book and memorized the whole line” He joked.

“And you know what? I passed the getting to know stage and the being friends stage; so it means, I passed the Like stage” Garrett added.

I squished his face in between my palms, “What are you trying to say?

Garrett didn't answer so, I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled back and uttered, “You may think that I'm taking things too fast but being with you everyday since the beginning was--- how can I say this? Amazing. And it's not hard for me to like you because you're a.. a wonderful person, Sam”

I released his face from my palms and chuckled, “I know the difference, Garrett. I felt it already”

I let Garrett in the house while Sabrina was still hiding in her room because of her trauma from zombies. I played the movie I paused and continued to eat my popcorn.

“You eat a lot” Garrett teased when I was about to eat a hand full of popcorn.

“I love eating when I'm depressed or sad” I answered back. But soon thought that, that was not a good answer at all.

“You're depressed or sad?” Garrett rolled his eyes and turned off the switch of the TV.

“Man! They're running around the building!” I exclaimed.

“Sam!” He shouted.

I bit my lower lip and sighed as he continued to shout at me, “You still don't trust me enough to tell me how you really feel, do you?”

I shook my head to disagree, “No! I do, Garrett. But it's not that easy for me to say it!”

Garrett rolled his eyes and sighed, “Tell me, I want to hear”

'You did so much for me and here I am, being nothing, feeling nothing because I don't know how can I repay those things that you did to me” I frowned and continued to eat my popcorn.

“You don't have to do anything, Sam. Just.. be there it'll be fine--- I'll be fine. That's all I need: for you to be there, beside me or with me” He answered back with a loud sigh.

“Lisa told me I was screwing up again at this relationship thing but I promised her that I won't. I'll try my best that I won't” He continued.

Garrett Nickelsen:

I continued lying to her that I won't screw this up even though, I already screwed this up since the first day I knocked on her door and a geeky girl opened it.

“Garrett, I'm really sorry” She uttered in a slow voice.

I pulled Sam close to me and smiled, “Sorry for what?”

“Everything”

“You don't have to be sorry, Sam. People learn from their mistakes, do you know that?” I chuckled.

“Of course I do. But I'm afraid to make a mistake and lose things” She sighed.

I patted her shoulders and smiled, “That's the part of life, Sam”

“What if you made a huge mistake that you totally regret and you know you that a special person can slip away because of it, what will you do?”

Sam's question widened my eyes. I don't know where she got that idea of a question, “I'll do everything to fix that shit and to get that person back. If that person is you, I would definitely do everything to get you back”

“Are you serious?” Sam exclaimed.

I nodded and grinned, “Yes, I am because you mean so much to me”

I'm sorry Sam.
♠ ♠ ♠
I went to the province yesterday so I didn't get to update :(
School's about to start too. So... :(((