Status: On going

Right Girl

It was a mistake to leave you

“Any plans for tonight?” Garrett asked while trying to spin his pen with his fingers on lunch time.

“I don’t have any, actually. Stuck at home with myself or if someone drops there and complain how long he was standing outside the house” I teased.

While I was munching on my burger and Garrett was busy writing something on his notebook. Lisa ran towards me and sat beside me at the lunch table, “What’s up, guys?” Lisa laughed.

Garrett didn’t answer because he was so busy writing something that I don’t have any clue what it is. I smiled at Lisa and waved at her while she still has a big smile on her face.

“Why are you guys so quiet when I’m here? That’s really unfair!” Lisa sighed loudly and frowned.

“I’m busy writing” Garrett answered

“Talk to me, Lisa” I answered and smiled back.

“Good thing Sam can lend me her ears” She hissed and crossed her arms in front of her chest, “..There’s a party later and since there’s this guy who asked if you’re coming, I told him, you will!” Lisa excitedly announced.

“WHAT?!” Garrett and I asked simultaneously.

“Uh-uh. He asked for Sam’s number and I gave it to him a few weeks ago and I think he called you but you thought he was creepy or something like that” Lisa answered.

My mouth was wide opened and I looked at Garrett whose paper work is now crumpled in his hands, “Lisa, what did you do?” Garrett asked.

“You know, there are some people who are really slow when it comes to love and to express their feelings for that someone and I think, for someone like Sam, she doesn’t deserve to wait forever” Lisa grabbed her books and stood up from the stool.

“What is that about?” I asked Garrett.

“I didn’t understand anything either” He replied.

I grabbed my bag and ran after Lisa, leaving Garrett behind with his paper work of I don’t know what. In a room full of crowded people, it took me several minutes to find Lisa and to actually go near her.

I grabbed Lisa’s arm when I had the chance and said, “Lisa, what is that about?”

“I set you up with a hot date” She answered like what she did was very much right.

“But Lisa, I’m dating Garrett” I honestly answered back.

“Oh crap! I didn’t know about that but.. I’ll try and fix this but please go to my party. It’s at my house and bring Garrett along, okay? I’m really really sorry Sam! I didn’t know that he confessed to you already after all I’ve said to him a while ago” Lisa looked away and held my hand.

I smiled back and giggled, “It’s alright, Lisa. But please fix things about that guy you set me up with, please!” I begged.

Lisa chuckled and held my shoulders, “I will. Trust me, okay? Sorry about that”

After talking to Lisa, I ran back to the lunch table I left Garrett with but he was not there anymore. He was even nowhere to be found near the lunch area. I saw the crumpled paper under the table that says:

“Hey Samantha Daniel Brooks,
I love it when we both have Daniel on our name. The year is about to end but I don’t care because I spent it with you. I don’t know why I’m writing this during lunch time while you eat your burger and here I am letting my feelings out on a piece of bond paper. Shitty, right? Anyway, you look cute when you eat. You look beautiful when you tie your hair with a smile on your face. I sound creepy, don’t I? Sorry. I like it when you—“


The letter stopped there, must be when Lisa came in with her announcement about my date that I didn’t even know about.

I ran towards our classroom but he wasn’t there. I ran towards the soccer field but he wasn’t there. Then I remembered, he brought me to the laboratory room before because no one uses it daily. I ran towards the room while I was catching for my breath. He was there, looking out of the window.

“It’s very hard to find you!” I exclaimed while I try to breathe slowly.

“So? Have you met your date?” He asked and forced a smile.

“I don’t have a date, unless we have a date that I don’t know about” I answered sarcastically.

“You know what I mean, Sam!” He cried loudly.

“I told Lisa, I won’t go on a date with someone else because I’m with you. She didn’t know that, that’s why she’s going to cancel my date later but she invited me to go to her party later. I promised to go.. But I should be with you” I answered.

I moved closer to Garrett and stood beside him, “I like your letter. I read it a while ago” I chuckled.

“It sucks” He replied.

I looked at Garrett and turned his body to face me with his shoulders, “It does not. Since when does it suck when you’re trying to be honest with someone about what you feel about them?” I asked.

“.. You didn’t even finish the letter” I continued.

I grabbed the paper from my pocket and handed it to Garrett who was surprised that I kept the piece of paper with me, “Go and finish. I would love to hear more”

“.. I like it when you laugh and smile because I know I can make you happy. I see you all the time but my heart still skips a bit every time I’m near you. I just want to let you know how happy I am that you’re with me” Garrett continued but instead of writing, he said it straight to my face.

“Am I sweet or what?” Garrett teased.

“Or” I answered, joking.

“HA HA HA. Am I supposed to laugh right now or later?” He replied with a forced laugh.

I pinched his nose and laughed, “I’ll hate you forever”

Garrett also pinched my nose that made me squeal a bit because he pressed hard, “I’ll hate you too forever” he replied.

While we were busy pinching noses, he kissed me. Garrett kissed me. I felt my heart beat louder and faster than normal than before. But I like it, no; I love how my heart beats fast when I’m with him and especially at times like this. I love the feeling, I love everything.

Garrett pulled my arm to wrap around his neck but we didn’t let go until the lunch bell rang. I grabbed the paper from his hand and stuck my tongue, “I’ll keep this” I said as he reached for my hand.

&&

Before the party, I fixed myself. Added a little of make-up and fixed my hair with a headband. Garrett was going to pick me up at 7pm sharp, that’s what he said.

I looked at the clock, it was already 7:15 when someone knocked on the door. I grabbed my bag and waved good bye to Sabrina who was busy making her own dinner that time.

“Sam! 12 o'clock, okay?” Sabrina reminded me as I headed to the door. She gave me a curfew like a normal parent or guider will do because I still have classes the next day.

I smiled at her, took off and ran to Garrett's car and hoped in, “Hey!” I greeted him.

“You're wearing a dress?” Garrett uttered in a tone of a question.

“Yes, I am. Problem? It's not a formal dress, Garrett!” I answered

“No! It's not that. I mean, you look good in it that's why I got surprised when I saw you running towards here while in a dress” He replied, still in shock.

At the party, I felt very uncomfortable when we arrived at Lisa's house because it's my first party ever and I don't really know how to start a conversation with a stranger.

Garrett grabbed my hand as we headed to the front door of the huge house. The music can be heard not so far from the house itself with the noise coming from the people and guests in it.

“Oh, Sam! You look great!” Lisa welcomed us with a cup of beer.

“Drink it up! But don't worry, there's plenty more” She said. She was already drunk just by the way she talks and the sound of her voice. Lisa left us with the other guests so she can entertain the new ones.

Garrett pulled the cup of beer away from my hands as I protested, “Why?!”

“You're a bad drinker. You can't be drunk, Sam” He replied with a serious expression.

Lisa came back to where Garrett and I was but she was with a tall guy, “Hi, Sam, t-t-this is Kyle. Kyle this is Sam. She's pretty, isn't she?” Lisa looked at me with a unexplainable expression.

“Hi!” Kyle greeted me.

I held Garrett's hand tightly as I greeted back the stranger, “Hi, I'm Sam”

I looked at Garrett but he wasn't looking at us, he was looking away while drinking his cup of beer, “And.. This is Garrett, my---” I tried to introduce Garrett as well, but Kyle cut me off in the middle of what I'm supposed to say.

“So, you live near hear?” Kyle asked.

“Kyle, it's nice to meet you but I have to talk to someone so, see you later” I know my goodbye to Kyle was rude but to see Garrett like that, I have to go away from Kyle or else who knows what Garrett can do with a cup of beer in his hands.

I pulled Garrett to the garden of Lisa's house where it was not that crowded with couple making out. I grabbed the cup of beer from Garrett's hand and took a sip, “Mr. Nickelsen, where's your smile?” I asked.

“Lost as of now” He replied.

“I didn't want to go to this party at the first place too. I just want to be with you, that's why I went here with you. You were too generous to even say yes on going to this party! I want to go home!” He yelled.

I accidentally dropped the cup from my grip as I stared blankly at Garrett, “you could have told me earlier! But no, I dragged you here without even telling me. Is there something else that you don't want to tell me, huh?! Well, okay. Go home if you want. I'll go home by myself later. Go home now!”

I walked away but he didn't stop me. I went inside the house where the party continues. I grabbed a cup of beer as I took a sit at the 2nd step on the stairs as Garrett's words repeated in my head.

“Hi, Sam”

I looked up and saw that Kyle guy smiling at me, “So, where's your boyfriend?” He asked.

“He's not my boyfriend. He went home” I answered as I stood up.

After a few more cups of beer and chit chatting with Lisa and Kyle, I felt dizzy. I the room looks like it was going round and round which made me more dizzy and I can't breathe properly anymore.

“Oh no, Sam! You have to take a rest. Let Kyle bring you to my room. I kept it unoccupied when emergencies like this happen” Lisa smiled at me or something because my visions are also getting blurry.

I fell on the bed as soon as Kyle helped me to go to Lisa's room, “You know what? You're so kind but I really wish Garrett was here instead of you” I said frankly.

&&

Garrett Nickelsen:


I had a fight with Sam because I was jealous and not because I don't want to be there. I was surprised that she wore a dress and it made her so much more attractive and it never skipped my mind that there will be guys who'll notice her.

Time passed by then it became hours but I can't stop thinking that I left Sam with a bunch of drunk people and a guy who she just happens to meet. What kind of guy am I?

“Hello?”

“Shit Garrett! Where the fuck are you?!”
Lisa's voice was shaking and scared.

“Lisa, what's happening?”

“So Sam was drunk, okay? I asked Kyle to bring her to my room because I was also drunk but I heard her shouting and Kyle won't open the door--- What the fuck! Just come here! We called the police but they're taking too long”
Lisa yelled.

I dropped my phone and grabbed my car keys and went straight to Lisa's house. I know I should not have left Sam there by herself. I am stupid, okay? I'm so fucking stupid!

I ran towards Lisa's room where there are already a crowd of people trying to open the door.

“Move the fuck away!” I shouted.

“Fuck you Kyle, open the damn door!” I shouted.

“GARRETT!” I heard Sam shouted.

I remembered the window at Lisa's room and the huge tree next to it. I ran out of the house and looked for the huge tree. I climbed the tree and luckily the window was open.

Samantha Brooks:

“Get of off me, Kyle!” I tried to fight him away but he was really strong.

“It's just a kiss, Sam!” He yelled.

“I don't want to kiss you! Get off of me!” I cried. The tears in my eyes won't stop from flowing.

“Can't you see? Your boyfriend left you already!” He shouted.

“He didn't! He didn't! Fuck off!” I argued back.

Someone pulled Kyle away from me punched him on the face. I wasn't drunk anymore since Kyle tried to kiss me which brought me back to my senses.

Garrett pulled me from the bed and pushed the table that was blocking the door. He opened the door. Everyone was murmuring when we came out and as we went to his car.

"What happened?! You're dress is torn and your hair is a mess! Tell me!" He yelled.

I can't look at him, I don't know how to face him because I always cause him trouble.

"Fuck Samantha! Answer me!" He shouted angrily.

"I was drunk! Lisa asked Kyle to bring me to her room but when I was about to fall asleep, he started to kiss me on my neck then I tried to push him away but I just can't! That's why I shouted and shouted! No one can open the door, okay! I was freaking out!" I cried.

I covered my face with my palm and my tears just can't be stopped. I can't control myself because I got really scared and Garrett was not even there.

Garrett suddenly hugged me and pushed my hand away, he brushed my tears away, "Shit. I shouldn't have left you there. He almost-- He almost--" Garrett whispered.

"He almost what?" I asked curiously.

"He almost did something to you. I'm sorry, Sam. I really am!" Garrett said.

"I told you this before: I won't let anyone hurt you. I won't let them do something bad to you" He said in a whisper.

My fear was almost gone because I know Garrett is already beside me. I'm not that scared anymore because Garrett is now here. I won't let him slip away or anything like that happen. I won't.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll be gone tomorrow. :((((((( sfdfnodnm
Fixed the typos :)