Status: Check out the sequel ;D

Love Letters to Write Before I Die

how can hope exist in such a world?

Haley started to jog in the park almost every day but in each and one of those days, she didn’t find any replies from Nathan. She stood in front of the bench, feeling a heavy feeling dragging her heart into her stomach. She feared that Nathan meant what he said in the letter. She knew she was being persistent, she knew that Nathan was beyond irritated by that exaggerated traits of her that shone brightly in the letter (almost too blindly that she feared that it might’ve blinded the pessimistic, bitter and dark person that he was).

He reminded her of a vegetable she hated – kale. She cringed.

Her mom always told her to eat her vegetables, she thought and smiled. Even if it was kale, she would gobble them up too because it was good for her health, apparently. And to any sane person (i.e. Dan), she should’ve stopped hoping for a reply and move on with her life avoiding the kale…

She couldn’t.

Tucking a lock of hair behind her ear, she decided that if Nathan wasn’t going to reply in the next week, she might as well spill the beans to him in person. That she was the Haley who was writing all of those letters drenched with relentless messages of hope. And things could go badly from there on.

At least she tried.

* * * * * *

Hope.

He knew that word. It was an English word, sure. He knew the meaning of it. And yet, it seemed foreign somehow. The Haley who wrote the letters to him always used the word and it had been screwing with his head.

He felt a blow to his stomach. He expected that.

Somewhere in the distance, someone was screaming for them to stop.

Regaining back his composure, Nathan swung his fist against the bastard’s jaws.

“Nate! STOP! Please!” Katie wailed.

‘Idiot,’ Nathan thought. He asked Katie to leave a while ago. He was in this predicament somewhat because of her in the first place. And now she was asking him to stop? Hell no. There were a few reasons for that. One: No one screws with his friends.

Two: Punching jackasses felt good.

He slammed the sorry excuse for a guy into the brick wall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quite a short chapter.
Comments and subscriptions are so very welcomed ;3
Thanks for reading :D