Sessions Spent Alive

Lance and Daisy

Lance felt like he was finally doing something right since his parents had died. While they were there to encourage him, he felt inclined to excel in school, and since they were gone he’d been stuck in a rut. But the naked girl beneath him seemed to make him feel better about his life in a way that he could barely comprehend. He had thought about Daisy being the kind of girl he could marry, but then he pictured Tanna. Tanna would be the girl that he would be proud to bring home. Her open confidence, her pained, yet beautiful view’s in life, the utter understanding for Lance himself made her the complete package that Lance knew his parents would’ve loved to meet.

It saddened him that they couldn’t.

Lance slowly crawled from the confines of the rumpled sheets. He recovered Tanna with the blanket as he stepped out of the bedroom for a glass of water. Tanna had been sleeping peacefully for the past hour. Lance had woken up with a dry mouth, leaving him bothered. He filled the clear glass to the top with semi-chilled water from the tap. He gulped it down and realized how dehydrated he was.

He was leaning against the granite counter when he heard the soft jingling of keys, he heard the distinctive metal grinding sound the lock made when a key was placed inside. He hurriedly made his way to the front door. Unlocking and opening it before Daisy did. She was surprised to have him greet her at the door. She had on her favorite stupid grin that Lance had come to hate. She pulled the set of keys she’d taken from his office again and pushed her was inside.

“Daisy, what are you doing here? I didn’t say you could come over.”

“I was working late with doctor Brennen, I’m sorry I couldn’t be over sooner Lancelot.” She said touching his cheek. Lance pulled her hand from his face, Daisy, you cannot be here, I want you to leave.

“Don’t be silly baby! You’re just grumpy! It’s okay though, I’m here and I’m going to make it all better.” She said grinning and lightly scratching his chest.

“Daisy no, I need you to leave.” He said sternly. She kept that stupid grin on her face as she pranced off for the bedroom, expecting Lance to gladly follow her, instead she heard him raise his voice. He hand was on the handle to the bedroom door when he said it.

“God damnit’ Daisy – we’re not together anymore!”

She turned to him, finally that stupid smile was gone. She looked at him like this was new news. But it wasn’t.

“But Lancelot we’ve been-“

“Stop… calling me Lancelot”

“But- I thought you loved that nickname?”

“No Daisy you loved that nickname. Please get out.”

“But Lancelot… we’re so good together, I thought you were over being mad at me?”

“Over? Mad at you? Damn it Daisy, you left me! I’ve moved on, and I don’t want you here!”

“Moved on?” she said, tears were beginning to fill her eyes. “What do you have some girl over?” she asked wipping open the bedroom door. Lance bolted for the door to shut it, but he was surprised when he saw an empty bed. “See – you need me Lance, you don’t have anyone else!”

Lance pulled the keys from her fingers and shut the bedroom door.

“Daisy. Leave. Now.” He said this time loud and stern. She wiped her tears with the end of her sleeve and walked passed him. Slamming the door. Finally gone.

Lance saw the adjacent bathroom door open slightly; Tanna’s face became illuminated by the moonlight. It had been open before, but not enough that Daisy could’ve seen inside.

She gave him a halfhearted smile. Lance became worried, he found his way to her and stood in the doorway, Tanna had back up and eased herself onto the counter – then she gave him a grin.

“You handled that well.” She said.

“I’m sorry.” Lance actually felt truly sorry for making her hide, for putting her at risk like that.

“Don’t be. We both have to put in effort if we wanna keep this thing secret.” She smiled, pulling him closer to her, and if that means I have to hide in the shower while you throw out your ex-girlfriend, I think I can manage.” She nipped at his jaw giving him a teasing little bite. Lance closed his eyes and enjoyed the slight teasing she was giving him, he drew her hips closer to him – fitting their bodies together.

“Then thank you.” He said after a while. If he shouldn’t apologize, he should be thanking her. She new that his job was important – and even though they were both taking risks – they were both prepared to protect each other.

Lance was able to wrap her legs around his waist and carry her the short distance back to the bed. But after that – he wouldn’t stop kissing her… and she didn’t mind. They had his uninhibited passion between each other – it made them understand one another, as well as know just were the other wanted to be touched. And it was unbearable to go so long without each other. Lance faced losing his career and Tanna faced tainting her trial. But no matter what the consequences – they wanted to be with each other, they couldn’t help it.

They feverishly kissed one another as if they had been apart for weeks, when it had only been a little more than an hour. Lance was able to lose his boxers, just as easily as Tanna could pull away the sheet covering her pale skin. Again, they were both naked in each others arms passionately making love.

Through the creaking of the bed, neither noticed the creaking of the floorboards. An unlocked door left a chance for an intruder to enter… any one to enter. And that someone would be drawn to the noises in the room – and the sight they would see: would leave them speechless.