Status: ongoing

Priceless

C'est la vie

~~~

It was the first time I have ever been in a room full of stunning and breathtaking models, and I felt like a complete outcast among them. They all looked perfect, and there I was, with my not-zero body, meshing with them. I wanted to just sit beside Alex, who was seated somewhere in the front row, and watch this fashion show instead of being in it.

Lucky for me, I would only walk the ramp twice. The first time, I would be wearing what they called the most extravagant dress, and after that, I would go back and we would all wear the same dress, and go out again and do the finale.

So basically, while the show started, I was just there backstage hanging out with the other models who wasn’t up for the ramp yet. They had told me their names but it was so hard to pronounce or spell, so I just had nicknames for them in my mind—except for Georgina and Marissa. Then there was S and A.

“So you’re flying back to Arizona tomorrow morning?” asked Georgina, as she let Marissa fix her belt.

“Yeah, our flight’s at 7 AM,” I answered.

“You’re not going to the after-party?” S asked, twirling her finger around her long, blonde hair.

I shook my head. “I’m probably going to spend time with...” I trailed off, not knowing how to describe Alex. He wasn’t my boyfriend, but he wasn’t exactly my date tonight.

“Your boyfriend?” A asked, her head tilted to the side and her lips pursed.

“Or a date tonight?” Marissa asked consecutively.

“We went on a date twice, so I’m not really sure if I could call him my boyfriend. Plus the first one was set up by my father, so I really don’t know,” I replied honestly.

S nodded once. “So maybe this is like your unofficial third date,” she said.

“I’m sure whoever he is, he’s going to ask you to be his girlfriend soon,” Georgina added. “I mean, come on. Look at you. You’re pretty and smart and nice, I already know you’re a great catch.”

I just smiled at the compliment, not knowing what to say. I didn’t have to speak anyway, since Marissa had spoken after that. “What’s his name? I promise we’re not going to say it to the press or something. I don’t want to go to jail because of that,” she said.

I laughed a little, but I trusted her on this one. “Alex Johansson,” I replied, and with that, I got four mouths and four pair of eyes widen at me.

“Oh my God. Amanda Morisson’s ex-boyfriend,” Marissa said.

“She totally broke his heart. She cheated on him numerous times and after that, he got really mad and they still aren’t talking up to now,” Georgina added.

“That was last year, right?” asked A. “I’m sure that was last year. The break-up happened before Alex’ 23rd birthday.”

Georgina turned to me. “I’m so glad he’s dating you now. I know you’re worth it. Amanda’s lucky that she got a chance with Alex, really. She’s pretty, but it’s all on the physical attributes, really. That girl’s arrogant and bitchy, she got thrown out of our modelling team about five months ago because she kept talking shit about all the other girls she was with.”

“Alex is a really nice guy. We’ve partied with him only for a few times but I think he’s really amazing, Bailey,” S said to me. “He’s a keeper. Also, he wouldn’t have stayed with Amanda that long if he’s not.”

I smiled at all of them. “I won’t mess this up,” I said honestly. I knew I really wouldn’t. He already seemed like a nice guy to me the first time I’ve met him, and adding this ladies’ comments, well, I could pretty much say that Alex Johansson is indeed a great catch.

Soon after that conversation, the four of them were called to walk the ramp while I stayed there, looking around the set. And then soon enough, the make-up artist was retouching me. I put on a dress I didn’t have time to admire because before I knew it, I was being pushed through the curtains in a pair of five inches high stilettos.

I was blinded by the lights. But of course I had to walk and just show them all that, I quote Amelia, “I’m fabulous.”

And that was what I did, hoping it will be over soon.

~~~

Alex was waiting for me by the door backstage, with a single rose and a box of chocolates in his hand and upon seeing this, I smiled. I walked towards him and when I reached him, he handed me the rose and the box.

“What’s this for?” I asked, taking it nonetheless.

“Those are for the most stunning girl I have ever seen,” he said, and I smirked at this.

“Is it for Georgina, Marissa...”

He laughed a little, and gently took my hand and squeezed it. “I think you need a self-esteem booster,” he stated, smiling that contagious smile of his.

“My self-esteem is fine, but with all these models around...” I pretended to look around, and then shook my head. “You should look at their faces and decide if—”

“I still think you’re the most beautiful girl in here,” he said, cutting me off. I couldn’t help but smile as I looked up at him.

“Thanks.”

I kept his hand clasped over mine and started dragging him away. “Where are we going?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” I answered honestly. “Just take me away. I just wanna spend some time with you.”

“Well then,” I could almost see the smile in his voice, “I know just the place.”

~~~
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol, this is more of a filler~~

PLEASE PLEASE DO COMMENT, it keeps me going! Thank you! xx