Status: I'll still continue my Prince Harry fic. :)

Everything Is Not What It Seems

To Kiss or Not To Kiss

*Cassandra’s P.O.V.*

I felt Draco’s warm breath against my lips. My knees almost buckled at the thought of kissing him. He started leaning in and I felt my breath get caught in my throat. If I kiss him now.. I’ll probably faint… or I’ll probably regret it. This is just a spur of the moment thing. He doesn’t have any feelings for me. Although, I wish he has the same feelings towards me.

“What are you doing?” I asked in the snottiest voice I can muster. Draco opened his eyes and blushed madly. The red tinge on his cheeks was a definite clash against his pale, white skin.

“Oh. Um. Nothing.” He said and scratched the back of his neck as he looked away from me. I stepped back and rolled my eyes. On the outside I was calm and collected. On the inside, my heart was hammering madly at our close proximity.

“For a second there I thought you were going to kiss me, Malfoy. Dream on.” I said and flipped my hair in a bitchy manner then stalked off. Sometimes I wonder why the sorting hat didn’t put me in Slytherin. I have an attitude, sometimes I act all high and mighty, I’m mean to some people (mainly Draco)… oh yeah.. I’m brave and I have a brain that can function perfectly. And, all my mean-ness is just an act.

“The only time I try to be nice and you turn the tables. You act like… like…” Draco yelled. I turned to face him. He was no longer pinned to the wall. Now, he was standing in the middle of the corridor, his silver-blue eyes ablaze with irritation, his hands clenched into fists.

“Like you.” I answered and continued walking to the Gryffindor common room. That was totally a low blow. Once I got to the fat lady I bit the inside of my cheek before saying the password.

“This is so irritating. Why couldn’t I just let him kiss me!? I’ve been dreaming what it would be like to kiss him but.. noooo! I have to think if he likes me and that it’s a spur of the moment thing! And then… I punch him in the gut… not literally… but with words! I’m such a horrible person! I should be in Slytherin.” I screamed at myself as I trudged to mine and Hermione’s room. This room isn’t for four people, but it’s as big as the regular dorm rooms. This room belonged to my mom. She had a room all to herself because her parents insisted. Now, that room belonged to me… and Hermione.

“I am so stupid.” I grumbled and put my things under my bed. Along with all the other muggle stuff my parents sent. I sat down on my bed and stared at the room. Our room wasn’t messy… well.. on my side it wasn’t messy. On Hermione’s side.. books were stacked up as high as they could go. I sighed and reluctantly trudged back down to the Great Hall. I plopped down beside Hermione and she smiled brightly.

“Why are you so sullen all of a sudden?” She asked as her smile fell. I snapped out of my sullen trance and faked a smile.

“What? Me? No. I’m not sullen. Just thinking.” I lied. She didn’t seem to buy it but let it slide.

“The Hogsmeade trip is tomorrow. Have you asked your mum and dad if they’re gonna be there?” She asked.

“I’m sure they’ll be there. They’re there every time we go to Hogsmeade.” I answered and grabbed a muffin from the basket. I nibbled on it and looked around. Big mistake. I accidentally looked into Draco’s eyes. I averted my gaze from his and looked at Harry who was eating some brownies.

“Way to stuff your face, Harry.” I teased and he drank some pumpkin juice before rolling his green eyes.

“You’re just jealous because we can stuff our faces.” Ron countered as he stuffed his face with lots of pastries.

“Just because I’m on a special diet doesn’t mean you can rub the fact that I can’t eat anything tasty in my face.” I said and rolled my eyes at him.

“Why are you on a diet, anyway?” Harry asked.

“Because they might not find a coffin large enough to fit me when I commit suicide.” I answered sarcastically.

“Then ask your mum and dad to get you one of those custom-made coffins.” Ron answered and Harry hit him upside the head.

“What?” He asked.

“She’s not seriously contemplating suicide, you idiot.” Hermione stated in her know-it-all voice. I grinned and set my almost un-eaten muffin down.

“We have class with the Slytherins. Whoop dee doo.” I said sarcastically and got up to trudge into our next class.

***

Throughout the whole class, I felt Draco’s eyes on me. It was pretty unnerving, really. I felt like I was being scrutinized. Thank God classes are over and tomorrow’s Saturday. It’s Friday, Friday… gotta get down on Friday. Everybody’s looking forward to the weekend, weekend. Sorry about that. That muggle song just made it’s way to my mind.

“We’re going to the Quidditch pitch for some practice. You two want to come?” Harry asked with his broom in hand. I nodded and grabbed my diary and quill before Hermione and I followed them to the pitch. Hermione and I sat down on the bleachers and she continued reading. I opened my diary out in front of me and started writing today’s entry.

Dear Diary,

Today’s Friday. I’m getting the odd sense to sing that muggle song I heard on the internet. It sounded much like a screaming banshee. A lot of unexpected things happened today after I left the Great Hall at lunch time.

Let me start from the beginning, Draco teased me as usual. I smiled at him and pissed him off as usual. Mum and Dad sent me some muggle stuff as usual. So, I left the great hall to put my new camera in my room. I felt someone following me.. so I looked behind me and saw Draco in all his glory. I ignored him at first and then he grabbed my arm. I swear, I felt tingle shoot up my spine when he did that. Then, we bickered and I pinned him to the wall and threatened to kill him with Avada Kedavra. I was just bluffing, though. I would never hurt him.

So, there we were. Pressed together. He leaned in to kiss me and my heart all but exploded. HE WAS ABOUT TO KISS ME! And I refused. I have to keep the façade up. I can never date a Slytherin.. much less the ‘Prince of Slytherin’ himself. It would be, like, committing social suicide. I know, that’s so shallow considering I have liked him ever since I first saw him.

Deep down, I know that he’s a really good person. The people around him are just bad influences. I know… somewhere deep in his heart.. he’s a good person. I just know it. They’re just stereotyping him because he’s a Malfoy and he’s in Slytherin. I wish Harry had accepted his offer of being friends. Everything would be less complicated.

I need to go now. I feel like someone’s watching me again. Like in class. Oh yeah, I’m gonna see mum and dad tomorrow at Hogsmeade. Hopefully they don’t embarrass me by hugging me to death in front of my mates. Well… ciao.

Love,
Cass


“Cass! Look out!” I heard Harry’s voice. I looked up and saw a quaffle headed straight towards me. I grabbed my wand and pointed to the quaffle. I blasted it aside using ‘reducto’ and glared at Ron and Harry who landed in front of Hermione and I.

“Which of you two blokes hit the quaffle in my direction!? Thank God it wasn’t a bludger.” I asked and put my hands on my hips. Harry slowly raised his hand and I looked at him.

“Tarantallegra.” I stated and Harry started to dance. We all laughed at him and he scowled as he dance.

“I’m sorry!” Harry screamed and I stopped the spell after five more minutes.

“Look here. GryffinDORKS!” Draco’s oh-so-familiar voice rang out. We looked at him and they glared. I just looked at him and hid my blush. He looked at me and winked. If he was expecting a hug… he was definitely wrong. Yeah, I like him… but I won’t let my best friends know that fact. They won’t let me live it down.

“Don’t wink at me, you ferret.” I snapped and he smiled a bitter smile. I instantly felt a little bad about calling him a ferret.

“What makes you think that I would even like you, Di Angelo!?” He asked. I stepped up to his level and jabbed my finger at his chest. I gritted my teeth and looked him dead in the eye.

“We both know something they don’t. You better be straight about that ‘thing’ you’re trying to tell me. Because, we both know that you didn’t walk out of the Great Hall just to be nice to me.” I hissed at him and he hesitated before grabbing me by my face and bringing his lips upon mine. I was tense at first but then relaxed. His lips were soft and gently against mine… and, all the butterflies in stomach just went wild. He stopped after about six seconds and looked into my eyes. I brought my hand up and slapped him.

“Why the bloody hell did you kiss me!? You dundering dodo head!” I screamed angrily. He touched his cheek where a red mark was slowly appearing and I instantly wanted to turn back time and stop myself from doing that. I glared at him and walked towards my best friends whose mouths were wide open. I shut all their mouths and secretly winced when I saw the look of hurt in Draco’s eyes. And, just like that, I turned away and walked off. Not looking back and running to him and kissing him like I really wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chap is a bit long.. haha.. very few readers.... but, you guys are AWESOME!! :D

cindycannibal: aww thank you! and, I'm planning to continue it.. ;D

crazy beautiful;: aww! thank you, Tahlia.. :)

shadow123: thank you! i'll try to update everyday..

kcollins720: thank you so so so much!!!! :D