Remember Me

Five

I stepped back and took a look at myself in the full length mirror. I scrunched my face up at my outfit.

“This won’t do.” I said to myself as I looked back to the room. Close were thrown everywhere. “What do you even wear to have lunch with a prince?” I asked myself as I kicked off the heels I was wearing and started to take off my current dress.

Looking around the room, my eyes finally landed on a plain black dress. I smiled a bit as I saw it. Making my way towards it, I glanced over at the clock. 10:50. Sighing, I grabbed the dress and quickly put it on.

I grabbed my pink cardigan and slipped on a pair of heels before I ran into the bathroom to do my make-up. Doing that as quickly as I could, when I was done, I rushed back into the room to grab my purse and my jacket.

Making sure that I had my room key, I rushed out of the room and out towards the book store.

_________

“You’re early.” I heard Charlie as I walked into the store. I looked up at him and shrugged my shoulders.

“I needed to leave the hotel before I decided to change, again.”

“How many times did you change?” He looked amused.

“Don’t ask.” I groaned. “I’m going in the back.” I repositioned my purse on my shoulder before I walked off into the back room.

“Hello, Kassidy.” I looked over and smiled a bit as I saw Becca.

“Hey.” I took a seat next to her. “Can I just go home?” I asked her, throwing my head back. “Call him and tell him I’m sick?” I heard her laugh.

“Why would you do that to Prince Harry?”

“Because I’m nervous.” I rolled my eyes at her. She laughed at me. “Do you know how hard it is to look presentable to go out for lunch with royalty?” I looked at her. “I changed like ten times.” I paused. “Not only do I have to worry about what he thinks about me, but I also have to worry about being seen with him.”

“Why does that bother you?”

“Because what if everyone assumes that I’m his girlfriend? And then things don’t work out.” I groaned, while she laughed.

“You guys are just going out for lunch. You look fine. And I’m sure no one will assume that you two are dating.” She was right. “So, why are you early?” I rolled me eyes.

“I needed to leave the hotel before I decided to change again.” I muttered, and she laughed again. “I’m glad that everyone thinks that this is so funny.” I sighed as I looked up at the clock. “Where do you think that he’ll take me?”

“I don’t know. Probably some where fancy.” She smiled at me. “I wish I was you right now.”

“And so do thousands of other girls.” I jumped as I heard his voice.

“You’re early.” I said as I glanced over at him. I smiled as I saw him leaning against the door frame. I glanced back up at the clock. 11:15. “Really early.”

“So are you.” He pushed himself off of the door frame and walked towards the both of us. “Hello, Becca.”

“Good morning, Prince Harry.” The smile on her face made me giggle a bit. “So, what are you guys planning today?” She asked.

“Stop being so nosey.” I heard Charlie’s voice. “But seriously, what are you guys doing?”

“We’re going to lunch.” I told the two. “You already know that.” I stood up and looked in Harry’s direction. I could feel myself blush as he looked me up and down. “Are you ready?” I asked him softly, getting his attention. He glanced up at the clocked then looked back at me.

“Sure.” He nodded towards the door and I smiled at him. I walked in the direction of the front door and didn’t look back as I heard Charlie and Becca’s voices.

“Make sure you bring her back here right afterwards.” I shook my head.

“No promises there, Charlie.”

_________

The car ride was filled with an awkward silence.

“You look beautiful, by the way.” He told me and I could feel my cheeks heat up.

“Thank you.” I said softly as I glanced back over at him. I watched as the corner of his lips curled up into a smile.

After that the car was once again silent as he drove us to wherever we were headed. I watched out the window as we drove passed a park. Then I noticed that he had pulled into it. I looked over at him confused.

“We’re having lunch in the park?” I asked him. He looked over at me.

“Nothing gets passed you, huh?” I smiled at him as he laughed.

“But what if people see us?” I asked him as he pulled off to the side and parked.

“That is why, I have a special spot, where no one can possibly see us.” He smiled at me. “No worries.” He got out of the car and ran over to my side, opening my door for me. I let out an inaudible ‘awe’ and stepped out of the car.

“But what happens if we are found?” I asked him as he shut my door.

“What to you mean?” He asked as he put his hand on the small of my back and lead me off to this ‘special spot’.

“Like what if I end up in the paper tomorrow morning and they’re calling me your girlfriend?” He laughed.

“Is that such a bad thing?” I looked up at him confused. “Being referred to as my girlfriend?”

“No! Of course not Harry.” He smiled at me.

“But?”

“But I’m sort of afraid that” I paused as I thought about how to word what I wanted to say. “I don’t want what people are assuming, to ruin anything between us.” I spat out, making him laugh.

“Have you forgotten that I am a prince?” He paused as he pulled me into another direction. “I can handle whatever people are going to assume.”

“But, what if I can’t?” I asked him as I stopped walking. I looked away from him.

“Then we’ll just be friends.” He told me. I sighed.

“Deal.” I forced out.

_________

I looked up at him as I chewed on the sandwich.

“How are you enjoying your stay here?”

“Apart from living in a hotel room, it’s actually really nice.” I paused. “And it’s not a stay. I live here.” He nodded.

“Wait, you’re living in a hotel room?” I nodded as I took a sip of my tea. “Why?”

“It was actually the first place I had money for.” I said softly. “And I need to get out of the hotel quickly, now that I have a job.” He nodded.

“You can come and live with me.” I laughed at him.

“Thanks, but, no thanks.” I looked away from him. “One of Becca’s room mates are actually moving out, and she’s asked me to move in with her.” He nodded. “Well, this just got awkward.” I let out a laugh. After that it became silent. I licked my lips and looked up at him. He was laying on his back, looking up at the sky. “I should be getting back.” I said softly. He glanced over at me and nodded.

“Yeah, we should go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment && subscribe
♥♥♥