Sandcastles

two

"We're four single girls spending two weeks in paradise. If you do not cheer up, I will personally ensure that you drown."

Erin's motivational words weren't really enough to cheer me up, but they did bring a smile to my face. We had landed in the Bahamas less than thirty minutes ago, and not even the gorgeous change of scenery could bring me out of my overpowering funk. Anyone who had known me and David had said time and time again that we would be that couple that everyone was jealous up. Up until the other day, we were. The news of his betrayal had hit me like a ton of bricks, and I ahd come close to telling the girls to go without me. I would be zero fun in my current state, but they insisted that I come along, and the girl chance we got, we would be hitting up some sort bar or club to get my mind off of my "two timing bastard of an ex shitfriend."

The hotel was even prettier than the pictures offered up, and we were welcomed as though we were family. I had gone ahead and booked tow different hotel rooms across the hall from one another. When the four of us reached out rooms, there were smiles galore (even on my face). We all exchanged looks for many reasons. One of them was that we had yet to decide who would room with you. It wasn't a huge deal, but before I could open my mouth to make a suggestion, Sara was pulling me into the room on our left.

"Meet you by the pool in ten!" Christine yelled as I watched their door close behind them. Laughing, I followed...or well was pretty much dragged, into my room by Sara.

I threw my things on my bed before racing to the balcony. They had set this up. I knew one of the rooms would have a gorgeous ocean view, while the other had a view of the pool. The three of them must had planned room arrangements while I was napping on the plane. "So how did you swing the beach view?" I asked Sara curiously, as I pulled open my suit case to find a bathing suit, I had brought about forty.

"I played the 'my best friend is depressed and hopeless' card," Sara sang, pulling out her own white bikini from her suitcase and starting towards the bathroom. "Totally worked." She flashed me an award winning smile before closing the door behind her. Leave it to Sara to use my depression as a way to get the good room. Then again, they were both good rooms, and I got to share this one with her, so it was all good in my book.

Within ten minutes, the four of us were laying pool side, taking in as much sunlight as we could before it went down to for the day. Erin and Sara were already sipping drinks with a fair amount of alcohol in them. I was carrying on a conversation with Christine about David. However, the conversation took a quick turn to something completely different. Hockey.

"Isn't that Johnathan Toews?" Sara said, lifting her sunglasses and pointing in the direction of a rather large group of males.

"Right. And I see the Queen of England." Erin teased, taking a big sip of her drink.

I sat myself up to look in the direction of people, but with all of their back to me, I shrugged. "I think you need to lay off the drinks. Especially if we plan on going out tonight." With that, I checked my cell phone for the time and yawned. "Ready for dinner, ladies?"

-x-

Dinner was at one of the best restaurants I had ever been to. And it was fairly cheap. It had taken no time for us to establish that this would be a regular spot for the next two weeks. As the time passed, we all began to get ready for a night out on the town, which was desperately needed for four single girls.

"I don't think I'm going to go," I chimed, sitting on my bed, playing with the bottom of my shorts.

"You're going," Sara said, popping her head out of the bathroom. I noticed she was putting in a pair of earrings that I had always particularly liked on her. "Plus, this bar is supposed to be top notch. I've read about it so many places."

Standing up, I drew a deep breath as a knock came to the door. I opened it up to show Christine and Erin dressed in their absolute finest for the night. Grinning, I let Christine take my hand, and we were off.

The bar was insane. The line to get in stretched entirely too far, but that wasn't going to keep us out. "I can't take this wait. Come on." Christine chimed, taking my arm and pulling me along to the bouncer at the door. Sara and Erin followed closely behind, laughing about something or another. "Why is there such a long wait?" Christine asked, turning on her charm, much like she always did.

"There's a private party inside," the bouncer replied, not really changing his facial expression.

"Is there any way at all, we could get ourselves in? We promise to not disrupt anything." I watched as Christine's fingers began to inch up the bouncer's chest, a romantic grin creeping onto her features.

I noticed the bouncer glace down at her. In a way, I couldn't believe that he was going to give in so easily. Then again, I noticed the defeat in his eye as he slowly reached for the rope that separated us from the world inside. Christine giggled before grabbing my hand and pulling me straight inside. The place was dark, but roomy. There were plush sofas all around the lounge, yet a dance floor that seemed completely full farther off. I couldn't help but smile at the sight. The girls were right. this place would be perfect for our night.

"Bar," the three of them said almost in unison. I laughed and placed a drink order before telling them I was going to find a way to snag a table and couch for the night. As I began towards the lounge area, I looked up and noticed the ceiling. There were twinkling lights scattered all over the black ceiling, making it look much like the night sky. I had always like the stars, and the resemblance to a starry sky was amazing. My eyes fell upon a particular part of the ceiling, and I began to step backwards in the way I was going. It wasn't long before I ran right into something...or rather someone.

"I'm so sorry," I chimed, turning around and raising my hands slightly in surrender. I could practically feel my eyes widen when I realized who was standing in front of me. Johnathan Toews. The man I spent hours upon hours watching on the ice when I got to see a game. My shock turned to horror when I realized that I had just spilled his drink all over him.

"It's really okay," Jonny said, shaking his hand slightly from where the drink got on it.

I bit my lip as I looked Tazer over curiously. "I'll buy you another drink. I promise!" Backing up a little bit, I felt rather terrible.

To my surprise, he laughed. "It's really alright," Jonny said, smiling my way. "What's your name?"

"Bailey Monroe." I answered. I could hear my own voice shaking as I answered his question.

"You aren't here alone, are you?"

"Oh no," I pointed towards the three girls that were now advancing my way. "I'm with them."

"Join us. We could use the company." It wasn't until he said this that I notice three other Blackhawks sitting behind him, staring at me. Patrick Kane, Patrick Sharp, and Corey Crawford. I knew their names, I knew their faces, and now, I would be spending my first night in paradise with the Chicago Blackhawks.