Some Called Angels

angel of t r a v e l

Malak sat looking out the window as the landscape flew by. No one had spoken to her since they had left the train station. The compartment had emptied once people had realized just what she was. That fact made her sad. She would have liked company. To have had at least one person sitting across from her….

If only…

The young woman shook her head and sighed. She couldn’t do anything about it. They refused to sit by her and she simply had to accept that fact. A part of her wished that she hadn’t run away from her father. At least then someone would have stayed by her side. But she couldn’t stay with her father anymore. Her father or John. She couldn’t trust them and that fact broke her heart.

She clasped her hands together and looked down at them as they sat in her lap. There had once been a time who she could have looked forward to a trip such as this with great pleasure and even a sense of glee. Now all she could think about was how she was alone and she might always be alone. She wished she could have taken her brother Metatron. Maybe he could have made things better.

A knock came at the door making her jump as she looked over at person who stood just inside the doorframe. “May I join you?” he asked. The man looked huge. His accent was thick and one she hadn’t heard before.

Her excitement shot up and a bright smile lit her face as she watched him come into the room. “Please do!” she insisted happily. “I’m Malak!” she introduced herself almost bouncing out of her seat as she sat on the edge of it.

The man chuckled softly as he closed the door behind him and took the bench across from her. “It is very nice to meet you little one. I am Piotr Rasputin,” he introduced himself holding out his hand. Malak held out her hand and his larger one engulfed her own. Not that she minded at all as she smiled up at him.

She bit her lip as she pulled back her hand and clasped her hands in her lap again. “I should probably tell you…I'm a mutant. It’s why I’m in here alone.”

He chuckled softly smiling at her. “Don’t worry,” he assured her shaking his head. “I am too.” Thin bright silver metal began to cover his body. Malak watched in amazement as it covered him completely. He smiled at her as he reached out and touched her hand. “See. You have nothing to fear,” he promised. She didn’t refute him. If only he knew that he couldn’t have harmed her even if he had wanted to. “So tell me, where are you going?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know,” Malak told him honestly. “Could I go with you?”

Piotr seemed to consider that before nodding. “As you will, I could use the company.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so it's the first chapter of my new X-Men OC story. Not sure where it's going to go, but I hope that you all enjoy the ride with me!