Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

I've Waited Long Enough

White rooms surrounded you as your tears blinded you. When you woke up that morning you were in a puddle of blood, and Sam was still shaking. Now at the hospital, nurses were running in and out of the room, while you waited in silence. If there was a God, this was the moment you truly needed him. You never asked for anything in your whole life, and now this was the one thing He could do. He could give this one miracle.
At that moment, Brittany walked through the sliding doors, actually crying. She took one look at your grim expression, and broke down for the second time since you'd known her. The last time being when Adam died.
The two of you hugged, and for the first time since coming to Berkeley, you were glad she was with you.
When the nurse said you could go see her, you were hesitant. If you walked in there and remembered how much you loved her, and she died, you would cease to breath. Life would be an alter-ego of death, and you would no longer belong to either of them.
But you made your way to the room, despite your inner desire to run away. And then you saw her. Her frail bones barely supporting her tiny neck as she looked up at Brittany and you. Brittany walked over and sat down in the chair next to her. She grabbed her hand and lowered her head as she began to cry again.
"What the fuck is wrong with you.." She could barely speak, but as she did, her voice cracked under the pressure. "God damn, your so fucking stupid.. Your so stupid, Sam."
The vulnerability of her made you weak, Brittany sounded desperate. She wouldn't live if someone she loved died. Not again..
As she held Sam you got the feeling she was holding on to not only her hand, but her life. Because Sam looked happier now that Brittany cared.
The drive home was silent. Brittany was oblivious to anything and everything. She couldn't take anymore heartbreak.
When you got home, you just sat down and stared at the table. Your brain couldn't take anymore work today.
Then Brittany went from being silently sad, to incredibly angry. She walked over to you and screamed, "This is all your fault! You ruin EVERYTHING!" Her voice screeched as she desperately tried to keep from crying again. "You had the chance, why the fuck didn't you call the cops last night when she first OD'd?! You fucking fell asleep, and now she is going to die! If you're the reason she dies, then I'll be the reason you die!" Her attempts to cease her tears failed miserably. And then she just fell to the ground, crying to the floorboards.
You ran over to her, stroking her hair as she sobbed. "I know.." You said, on the verge of tears. "I'll be the reason I die one day, don't worry about that."
She just looked up at you, and said, "Why did you have to take him? I never had anyone else, and you took him from me. And now you have to take Sam? Why?" She cried.
You couldn't believe your ears. Was Brittany in love with Billie Joe?
But she answered your question for you.
"Your stupid boyfriend is the reason Adam is dead. You never wanted me to be happy. It's alright for you to be in love, but I can't have anyone? I never killed the one person you loved. Billie Joe is still alive, and still loves you. But Adam is gone. And I will never get that back.."
And you remembered how hard Brittany took it when Adam died. Suddenly it all made sense. She was in mourning of the one person she ever loved. Adam.
-----------------------------------------
Brittanys fit told you she knew that it was Billie Joe.
You decided that you were not in the mood to think about it, and went for a walk around the block. As you passed an old record shop on the corner, you saw something out of the corner of your eye. As you turned your head towards the distraction, you caught sight of Billie Joe standing across the busy street. He was standing still, and staring at you in adoration.
You were completely dumbfounded. Why was he here? But it didn't really matter, because he was back. The two of you were blindly staring at each other, when Billie decided to attempt crossing the street. He ran out into the traffic, dodging cars as he ran.
You laughed as he goofed his way through the cars, kicking one guy's bumper because he honked at him. Billie literally caused a traffic jam in his venture to get to you.
And when he finally reached you, he hugged you so tightly it almost hurt. He had his cheek pressed up against yours as he smiled, and it was just like every time before. But this time the longing between you was painful. Both of you held on so tightly, and in your mind you felt that if you ever let go, he'd leave again forever.
When you looked up into his eyes, you saw that he was almost crying. He kissed you lightly on the lips and then on your cheek. "I love you," he whispered into your ear, as he held your face in his hands. His fist cupped around the side of your head. "Come with me this time," He said as he looked deep into your eyes.
"Wh- what do you mean?" You asked confused.
"I can't take it.. I can't live knowing your not mine, and I can't wake up in the morning knowing I won't wake up next to you. I've had enough, and I've waited long enough."
With that he pulled something out of his pocket, and got down on one knee.
"Billie? What are you doing?"
"Sage, will you marry me?" He asked, hopefully looking up into your eyes.
OMG!
You stood there dumbfounded for a couple seconds, and then got down on a knee so you were eye-level with Billie Joe, and kissed him passionately. He cupped your cheek with his hand, and you wrapped your arms around his neck.
Then you whispered in his ear, "Yes."
The two of you walked for a while, aimlessly searching for something neither of you wanted to find. Then he started leading you down an empty street. It was dark by now, and had been raining, so the streets were damp, and reflecting the light from the lamp posts. In a weird way it was beautiful. The street lead over a bridge that stared out into the bay. Billie stopped at the side of the bridge, and watched the water with amusement. He stared at it with appreciation.
"This is my favorite place in the whole world," He said, still staring at the silent waves.
You were staring at him. He looked so peaceful as he admired the water, and you grabbed his hand as he pulled you in for a kiss. You kissed him and remembered every moment of it. It was amazing. When you pulled away he just stared adoringly at your face, watching you with the same look of love he had while looking out into his favorite place in the world.
Then he lowered his forehead to meet yours. He put his hand up and cupped the side of your face, and the other one gently ran through your hair.
"I love you so much," He said almost desperately.
You smiled, and looked up at him. "I know exactly how you feel.."
Indeed, you did.
He smiled, and pressed his lips against yours once again.