Feel the Love of Her Caress, She Will Be Your Living End

001

They told me they enrolled me in school, I would be attending the 10th grade. I remembered being in 9th grade, all alone in Wisconsin. I lived with a bunch of hippies, who helped me out. On summer vacation, I had gotten a job and once school rolled back around, I left. It hurt me to leave, because I had such a good bunch of friends. Nothing like Sodapop and the gang, but they were all good people.

One girl's name was Ernalyn, she was fillipeno. I remember she lived with her aunt. Her blue eyes always seemed to be laughing and her brown hair was always bouncing around from her being agitated so much. She was a really sweet girl, though.

I really missed her, because we had become really good friends. She was my first best friend after the Ashlen incident back in 1962.

Ashlen passed me a bookbag full of school things. She was being quite civil with me. I grabbed it and went downstairs. I need a good night's rest before heading to school. I was somewhat excited.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt so tired. I glumly got up, reminding myself Sodapop wouldn't be beside me when I woke up. I wouldn't feel his lips on mine. His eyes in mine. I didn't want to cry, but it just came to me naturally. I swear, Sodapop made me so soft.

After a quick shower (and a crying session), I got dressed in a purple tank top, a pair of bellbotom jeans and my light purple Converse. I slid on a nice, warm sweater, of the color blue and grabbed my backpack. Off to school to be a Soc.

Ashlen smirked at me and I let her do my make up. I knew I just had to see the gang and they'd recognize me. I really hoped so. After getting into Jim's car, we all rode to school together. He had a nice car, not too sure what kind, but if Steve were here, he'd be able to tell me.

When I got to school, I rushed to my locker and looked at my schedule...

Math-8:30-9:30
Biology-9:40-10:40
Health-10:50-11:50
Lunch hour
English-12:50-1:50
Free period-1:55-2:30
P.E-2:40-3:30


I hoped and prayed I'd have classes with Cynthia, despite her hating school, or Ponyboy. Or both. I sighed and looked around. That's when I saw the gang together. Okay, not the whole gang...but Steve, Cynthia, Ponyboy, Johnny, Two-Bit, Sarah and two other girls. I recognized one as Emma Randle, who was Steve's sister. She whipped her head toward me, and her dark brown hair followed. Her hazel eyes seemed to glare at me.

Cynthia looked at me with sad eyes, but with some recognition. Did she know who I was? Ponyboy tapped her on the shoulder, and everyone left. I was just some Soc. No one special...