Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

“Oh, Zacky.” Jamie smiled and hugged him, Zack rocking her back and forth.

“Mommy!” Codi pulled and Jamie’s pant leg.

“Yes, sweetie?” She bent down to her face level.

“Open our present!” Aiden smiled, sitting behind a large box.

“Alright.” Jamie walked over and crouched down, pulling the top of the box off. “Oh my god…” Her eyes teared up.

“What?” Jacklyn walked up to Jamie and looked into the box. “Awww!”

“Thank you guys.” Jamie pulled Aiden and Codi in a hug.

“What is it?” Brian asked.

“A puppy!” Codi picked up the small dog and walked it over to Brian.

“Awww, it’s adorable!” Brian smiled and picked it up.

“Can I see, Uncle Bwian?” Keegan walked up to Brian and looked up at the puppy.

“Sure.” Brian sat it down in front of Keegan, who pet it gently.

"Isn't that sweet as pie?" Jacklyn giggled and laid her head on my chest; I smiled and patted her cake infested head.

"It is, hey Jamie, name it!"

"Damn it Matt! You scared me," Jamie said as she held her hand over her heart. "Um…Rummy."

"Rummy?"

"I like it, Rum…yummy, it’s a mix," she said shrugging her shoulders as she stood up and walked over to Keegan. "Keeg?"

"Huh?"

"Isn't you're birthday sometime next month?"

"Yes."

"What do you want?"

"A puppy."

"No," I said shaking my head. "To messy."

"I'm thinking of a present right about now." Jacklyn smirked, that kind of scared me.

--------Kids Birthday Party-------

"Keely!" Brian screamed as he chased her and Acelin through the backyard, around the pool.

"Stop running near the pool!" I shouted as I leaned up, making Jacklyn lean up too, sense she was laying her head on my chest.

"She has my lucky guitar pick man!" Brian yelled "Acelin, baby, give daddy the pick."

Yeah, Acelin had started calling him daddy; Jacklyn liked it because she called me Daddy Mattie and Brian Daddy.

"Nope," Acelin giggled as she pulled up her floaties and smirked at him before she ran full speed to the pool and jumped in.

"Acelin!" Jacklyn screamed as Brian dove in after her, he pulled her out of the water and she began giggling. "Oh thank god."

"Little possum you have there Jack," I laughed as Brian blew a raspberry on Acelin's stomach, making her giggle loudly and throw her head back, Keely laughed as she jumped in the water and doggy paddled over to Brian and put her arms around his neck as he gave her a piggy back through the water.

"Keely, don't choke him."

"I won't daddy."

"Dad?" Keegan said walking over to me, behind him was Zacky who was giving him an evil glare, which made me wonder why he was glaring at my five year old child.

"What's wrong?" Jacklyn asked for me.

"I found you're playboy kissing Codi," Zacky said as he pointed to Keegan. "Jamie took a picture and made me shut up."

“God, it’s adorable!” Jamie ran up to me and held the camera up to my face so I could see the picture. It was pretty cute, I have to admit.

“Aww!” Jacklyn squealed. “They’re the perfect couple!”

“Their four.” Zacky sighed.

“Keegan’s five.” Jamie corrected.

“Whatever. I don’t want to have to worry about my daughter kissing boys, yet.” Zacky laughed slightly, then looked over at Jamie, who was taking off her outer wear. “Take it off!”

“Ha-ha,” Jamie turned to Zack and stuck out her tongue. “I’m just getting into the pool.” Jamie stood up on the ledge and jumped in, almost landing on Jimmy. She soon emerged from the water grinning widely. “C’mon in! The water’s great!” Everyone stood there staring at her. “Please?”

“Fine.” Zacky sighed, smiling, him, Jacklyn, and I all stripped down to our bathing suits.

“Tubby!” Jacklyn turned to Zack and smacked his stomach.

“Why does everyone do that?” Zacky whined playfully.

“Stop whining and just jump in already!” Jamie yelled. Soon, everyone was in the pool, running around and laughing like crazy.

“Marco…” Jamie had her eyes closed and was feeling around the pool for everyone.

“Polo!” Everyone but Jamie laughed, she sucked at this game.

“Uh, Marco…” Jamie was getting frustrated.

“Polo, damn it! We’re all right here!” Brian laughed.

“Whatever, I give up.” Jamie opened her eyes and climbed onto an inflatable lounge chair. And there she sat for about a half hour, she actually fell asleep.

“Matt,” Zacky whispered.

“Yeah?”

“Wanna see Jamie get pissed?” He smirked and waded quietly over to where Jamie was. He came right in front of it and put his hands on Jamie’s legs. “Boo!”

“Ahhh!” Jamie shrieked and fell out of the chair, making everyone hysterically laugh. She quickly came back up and hit Zack upside the head. “Jerk!”

“Awww, you know I love you.” Zacky smiled.

“I did think that, but know I’m not so sure…” Jamie turned her back to Zack, who began to fake sniff. Jamie looked over her shoulder and frowned. Zack sniffed once more, and Jamie turned around and hugged him. “I love you…”

“I love you, too,” Zacky said and began to kiss Jamie.

“Ewww, we’re at a kids birthday party! Stop!” Jacklyn came up behind Jamie and slapped her back.

“Ahhh! Sunburn!” Jamie pulled away from Zacky and grimaced. “All you people suck.” Jamie pouted and climbed out of the pool. She sat on a lounge chair and Codi ran up and sat on her lap.

“Boo-hoo, I’m Jamie and I have a mean friends and a jerk husband!” Brian laughed. Jamie simply glared flipped him off.

“Daddy?” James swam up to me and clung to my waist. “Can we open presents?”

“Sure!” I smiled at him, everyone making their way out of the pool and to the table.

“Matt?” Jamie walked up next to me.

“Yes, babe?” I looked back down at her.

“The kids like The Doodle Bops, right?”

“Yeah, why?” I cocked an eyebrow.

“Oh, no reason…” She smiled and looked back at Keely, James, Keegan, and Charlie.

“Open ours first!” Codi and Aiden handed all four of my kids small envelopes. After some
assistance from Jacklyn, they all pulled out a smaller piece of paper that looked similar to a ticket. In fact, it was a ticket. But to what?

“The Doodle Bops!” Keely squealed and jumped up and down. I grimaced.

“Don’t worry, Matt.” Jamie put her hand on my shoulder. “Me and Zacky are gonna take ‘em.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Montana's idea.

*According to Montana, the Doodle Bops are a childrens band, consisting of Dee-dee, Rooney, and Mo. They also have a show on Playhouse Disney.*

Comment