Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

“I’m serious! Just ask Zack! He’s met her, she almost killed him!”

“I think your over-exaggerating…”

“She chased him out of the house with a loaded and cocked shot gun!”

“Oh, your mom is crazy.”

“So very…” Jamie laughed as I pulled into Matt’s driveway and turned the car off.

"I'm never baby sitting your monsters by myself again!" Johnny said as he jumped out of the car and ran for the door, I rolled my eyes and got out of my seat, grabbed Acelin out of the back while Jamie got out her twins.

"He's a wuss, don't worry about it," Jamie laughed as she and the kids walked ahead of me and Acelin who was playing with my new hair.

"Well the kids did go very hyper after we got them ice cream," I mused as Jamie opened the door for the kids then me.

"Well," Jamie laughed a little bit. "Maybe we shouldn't have gave them chocolate but it was very amusing to watch wasn't it?"

"Yes it was," I laughed as we walked through the living room to the kitchen where all the guys were.

"Holy shit!" Brian yelled as he pointed from Jamie to me. "What happened to your hair?"

"Its called cut, color and style dorkwad," I said as I sat Acelin beside Keegan who was playing with Keely. "Do you like?"

"I like it," Matt said smiling at me, I grinned and sat in his lap as Jamie walk over to Zacky and sat in his lap.

"Wha-"

"You don't like it do you?" Jamie asked pouting her bottom lip at her husband.

"No! No I love it, I'm just asking what did you do? I mean its so…different!" Zacky said shocked a little bit.

"I wanted something different," Jamie laughed

"We went for different alright," I laughed as I leaned against Matt's chest. "We went all out."

"But it was fun," Jamie said slowly while laughing. "Oh! Guess what?"

"What?" Jimmy asked taking a swig from his beer bottle.

"Jack is a qualified hair stylist and she does that for a job," Jamie said laughing. "She didn't tell me!"

"I knew," Brian and Matt said together then looked at each other.

"Yeah, I've done it for awhile but I don't know, I don't enjoy it like I do photography," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I honestly want to see all you can do with a pair of scissors," Jamie giggled. "Brian want to volunteer?"

"No I do-"

"Great you're volunteered, Jack go get the scissors, Jimmy and Matt hold Brian down," Jamie said clapping her hands. "Chop, chop!" Jamie clapped her hands. “Muahahaha!”

“Holy shit, Zacky. Your wife is crazy.” Brian laughed, attempting to fight off Jimmy and Johnny.

“Oh, I know!” Zack smiled.

“Back!” I ran, carefully of course, back out into the living room. Brian did eventually give up and willingly let me cut his hair.

“I have to say that you are amazing and Brian’s hair is sexy!” Jamie giggled.

“Yeah, yeah, you all suck…” Brian sighed.

“Don’t be such a baby, Brian! Your hair is great! Jacklyn is amazing.” Jamie smiled at me.

“Thanks, Jamie.” I smiled warmly back at her.

“Well, I don’t know about you, but Jamie’s kids wore me out. I’m going home.” Johnny yawned and walked out of the house, soon followed by Jimmy, whom I assume was going to get drunk with Johnny.

“I still hate you guys…” Brian pouted.

“Awww, don’t be sad, Brian. How about you go out and pick up a girl to cheer you up?” Jamie laughed slightly. Brian simply shot Jamie a dirty look. “Okay, go find a nice girl to bring home to us?”

“Fine, if you guys don’t want me in the house that much, I’ll leave. Good bye.” Brian stood up and left angrily.

“He’s such a baby…” Jamie sighed and leaned her head on Zack’s shoulder. It was silent for a bit, that is, until Jamie shot back up. “I have an idea!”

“Oh great, what is it?” I looked over to her, she was walking over to me and Matt.

“We’re gonna go on a double date!” She grabbed my arm and pulled me up. “Somewhere fancy! We can get all dressed up in pretty dresses and Matt and Zack can wear nice suits and everything will be perfect!”

“Sound like fun.” Matt nodded. “Me and Zacky will go get ready at my house. You two stay here and get prepared. Just call us when you’re ready, okay?” Matt stood up, Zack and him walking to the door.

“Okie dokie!” Jamie nodded and smiled. The boys smiled back at us and left the house. “Yay! You can wear one of my dresses, is that okay?”

“Sure, but you have to wear the one I got you!” I laughed, walking into Jamie’s and Zack’s bedroom. It was surprisingly clean, a nice big half circle bed pushed up against one wall. I walked over to the bed, but Jamie stopped me.

“Don’t sit on the bed!” She turned around to me, holding up the dress I got her.

“Uh, why?” I looked down at the bed.

“Because we haven’t changed the sheets since yesterday morning.”

“Jamie, hun, it’s only two days.”

“Yeah, two days of rough, hard-“

“Okay! I don’t want to hear anymore!” I ran away from the bed and over to a chair. “Can I sit
here?”

“Yeah…” Jamie nodded and looked back at her closet, finding a dress for me. She found me a pretty white dress with gold sparkles down it.

“Don’t we look like models?” Jamie struck a pose as I picked up the phone and called Matt.

“Super models!” I laughed as Matt picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Matt, we're ready, but one problem, where are the kiddies going?" I asked as I glanced into the living room where all the kids were sleeping on the floor.

"Done worked that out," he grunted. "Yours and mine are going to there grandpa's and Jamie's kids are going to Zack's mom's house."

"What in the hell are you doing?" I laughed "You're grunting a whole lot."

"I can't," he grunted again. "Get this damn vest on."

"Dude, its on the wrong way!" Zacky yelled loudly in the background.

"Well you could have told me, Earlier!"

"Well I didn't think you were that slow, damn Matt it doesn't take a rocket scientist," Zacky yelled laughing really hard, then something fell or was thrown and his laughter ceased. "Why did you throw that at me man? That really hurt."

"What did you throw?" I giggled

"A stapler," Matt laughed

"Matt!" I shrieked laughing at how he was so normal about it, like he done it before.

"What happened now?" Jamie asked sighing as she put her hands on her hips and leaned on her right side. "Did someone get hurt real bad or is it superficial hurt?"

"Matt threw a stapler at Zack for mocking him," I said covering the phone.

"Ask Matt where he hit him?" she sighed heavily.

"Matt," I said softly, earning a grunt. "Where did you hit Zacky?"

"His stomach."

"His stomach," I relayed to Jamie, who rolled her eyes and threw her hands in the air out of frustration.

"I'm not near them and they go crazy and hurt each other, stupid boys," she grumbled walking away. “It’s like I’m their mother or something…”

“Great, you guys frustrate Jamie to no end. Now come pick us up, please!”

“Fine…” Matt laughed and hung up the phone. I looked over to Jamie, who was still mumbling and was now attempting to slip on her shoes.

“Damn shoes, damn boys…”

“Haha, Jamie. Need help?” I walked over to her and grabbed her foot.

“Thank you…” Jamie looked over at the wall of pictures, ranging from her and the boys as kids to now. “Wow, it’s amazing. I’ve known the guys so long, life seems almost perfect. You’d think I’d be used to it by now, but it’s still amazing. You’re such a lucky girl, Matt letting you into our tight knit family. He’s such an amazing guy, too.”

“Yeah, I guess I am pretty lucky…” I nodded, putting Jamie’s foot down. We both stood there, looking at the pictures until a loud horn honk brought us to the living room. Zack and Matt
walked in, they both looked amazing.

“Sexy!” Zacky laughed and hugged Jamie from behind.

“You’re not too bad, yourself.”

“You look amazing.” Matt walked up to me and grabbed my hand.

“You too.” I smiled as he kissed me softly.

“Don’t I always?” I laughed.

“Always.” Matt nodded.

“So,” Jamie turned to Matt. “When are the kiddies due back?”

“Zack’s mom said that she’d bring them back tomorrow afternoon.”

“Woo!” Jamie cheered quietly.

“What?” I laughed slightly.

“We get the entire night to ourselves!” Zacky kissed Jamie’s forehead. “Do you know how
hard it is to find time when you have twin four year olds that thrive on attention?”

“No.” I shook my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment