Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

“Charlie.”

“I can’t believe it!” Charlie paced back and forth in front of me. “We’re only seventeen!”

“Charlie.”

“This is bad!” He insisted. “What are our parents gonna say?”

“Charlie.”

“We’re not even married yet!” He was almost shouting.

“Charlie!” I screamed, making him silent. “Thank you. Now, it’s okay, we don’t need to freak out about this. We’re engaged, that’s all that matters. And I’m sure our parents will be fine with it.”

“Your dad will kill me.”

“No he won’t,” I reassured. “I just need to be scared for your dad. My dad won’t do anything.”

“My dad?” Charlie sighed. “Oh god. We’re fucked.”

“No we’re not,” I took a deep breath. “Just call your parents.”

“And do what?”

“Invite them over,” I explained. “And I’ll invite mine. Fuck it, we’ll invite everyone. And then we’ll tell them tonight.”

“If you say so,” He walked off to find the phone.

“Codi,” My mom looked at me as her and dad walked in. “What’s going on? Why are you inviting everyone over?”

“It’s nothing,” I began. “I can’t invite everyone over for dinner?”

“You can,” She shrugged. “But your fathers worried.”

“I knew it,” I looked over to him, talking to Brian and biting his nails. “Just trust me, okay?”

“Alright,” She nodded and walked off to find my mom.

“Codi,” Aiden approached me, behind him Keegan, Keely, and James. “What’s going on?”

“Guys,” I took everyone out into mine and Charlie’s bedroom. “I’m pregnant.”

“Ahhh!” Keely screeched and hugged me tight.

“Hush!” James held up his finger over his mouth, making Keely sigh.

“Sorry,” She calmed down and sat next to me. “So that’s why every ones here…”

“Yeah,” I nodded.

“Congrats,” Keegan laughed slightly. “I never thought Charlie would be the most mature.”

“Obviously you thought wrong,” Aiden chuckled.

“What do you think Dad will say, Aid?” I looked over to my brother who took a deep breath.

“I think he’ll flip. Your only seventeen, Codi. That’s young as hell.”

“Well, shit,” I mumbled. “And what about Matt and Jack?”

“My mom should be fine,” Keely nodded.

“But dad,” James shook his head. “I don’t know.”

“This is absolutely fantastic,” I growled sarcastically.

“What are you guys talking about?” Kodah poked her head into the room with Heather, Delylah, Dylan, and Acelin behind her.

“Nothing, Kodah,” I shook my head.

“Fine, be a bitch,” She glared at me.

“Watch your mouth!” I screamed as she slammed the door angrily. “Oh geez.”

“Your good with kids,” James stated. “Charlie, too. You’ll be great parents.”

“You think?” I asked softly as I heard Charlie call me. “Let’s just deal with it when it comes up.”

“Okay,” Everyone nodded as we all walked back out to the living room.

“Well,” Jacklyn walked up to me. “Watch out for Matt.”

“What?” I asked in shock.

“He doesn’t know, yet.”

“What do you mean?”

“Charlie told me,” She laughed slightly. “That boy can’t keep a secret to save his life.”

“Oh great,” I mumbled. “Will Matt be mad?”

“I hope not,” Jack shook her head. “But Zack will be.”

“That’s not good, Dad is gonna kill me,” I groaned and leaned back slightly. “What about everyone else? You think they’ll be happy?”

“I know they will be,” She nodded. “Just watch out for Matt and your dad.”

“I will,” I laughed slightly and walked over to Brendon. “What’s up?”

“Hey, sis,” He waved to me as he stared at Avery.

“You like her, don’t you?” I grinned as he nodded. “Then go tell her.”

“No!” He whined as I pushed him foreword to her.

“Trust me,” I said and walked over to Montana and Jimmy.

“Hey, girl,” Montana grinned and hugged me slightly.

“You’re a watermelon,” I said simply.

“Maybe so,” She nodded. “Bu it’ll be worth it. I still remember what your mom and Jacklyn said to me about-“

“I don’t need to know,” I shook my head and looked around the room. “I never realized you five had so many kids.”

“We did,” Jimmy nodded. “We’re like fucking rabbits!”

“Ewww,” I stuck my tongue out at him and counted the kids. There was me, Aiden, Keely, Charlie, Keegan, James, Kodah, Brendon, Heather, Lola, Montana’s next if that counts, Delylah, Dylan, Daniel, Devan, Ever, Acelin, Jacoby, and Avery. That makes eighteen, almost nineteen.

Holy fuck.

“What are you doing?” My dad walked up to me.

“Counting.”

“Weird,” He shook his head. “Just like your mother.”

“Your weird, too, asshole!” She screamed across the room.

“Mom!”

“Sorry,” She giggled and turned back to Kayci.

“My god,” I sighed. “What do you need, daddy?”

“What’s all this about?”

“You sound just like mom,” I laughed. “It’s nothing, I just wanted to get everyone together, trust me.”

“There’s this little voice in the back of my head that says I shouldn’t.”

“Your my dad,” I insisted. “You’re not supposed to trust me.”

“If you say so,” He shrugged as I began to walk over to Kayci.

“Oh, and watch your daughters mouth.”

“Which one?” He laughed, making me turn around with my jaw dropped. “I’m kidding!”

“You better be,” I glared at him before walking over to Kayci and my mom.

“Hey, girlie!” Kayci smiled at me. “Congrats!”

“Mom!” I shouted softly and glanced at her. “You told her?”

“I can’t keep a secret,” She shrugged and smiled sheepishly.

“Obviously,” I groaned and looked back over to Kayci, who started laughing. “What?”

“You two are so much alike it’s scary!” She said hysterically. “And I mean everything!”

“I wonder if she’s like me and Zack,” My mom added with a giggle as I turned to her.

“What about you two?” I asked wide-eyed.

“Well, now’s a better time to tell you then when you were younger, so here it goes,” She took a deep breath. “Your dad and I fucked constantly.”

“Oh, mom! Ewww!” I screamed as my hands flew over my ears. “That’s sick!”

“You asked,” She shrugged and I walked over to Charlie, hugging him and hiding my face in his shoulder.

“Ewww.”

“What?” He looked down to me and asked.

“Nothing,” I shook my head.

“Okay,” He nodded. “I told my dad.”

“What?!” I straightened up in shock.

“I told him,” He explained. “And he started crying.”

“Sad? Disappointed?”

“Happy,” Charlie grinned and kissed my forehead.

“Great,” I sighed in relief. “Now all I need to do is tell my dad.”

“Good luck,” He let go of me as I walked over to my dad.

“Daddy,” I said softly. “I need to talk to you.”

“Okay,” He nodded and led me into another room. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m pregnant.”

“Oh,” he said softly and sat in silence for a few minutes. “I must say, I’m a little disappointed in you and Charlie.”

“I know, Dad,” I cried. “I’m sorry.”

“You two are so young,” He shook his head. “I have to talk to you mom.”

“Alright,” I sobbed as he kissed my forehead and left to find mom. I threw myself on the bed and cried into the pillow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aren't you glad Montana gets really, really bored?