Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

It’s been fifteen years since that amazing day. I looked around at the full dinner table at the restaurant we were currently sitting at. First there was Jamie, Zack, Aiden and Codi(Who were now seventeen), Kodah (Their fourteen year old daughter), and eleven year old son Brendon. Brendon was their last child, Jamie getting her tubes tied soon after he was born. She laughed that she was pregnant four times, loved it, had the best time, and never EVER wanted to do it again.

Then there was Montana and Jimmy. They had two kids, Heather and Lola. Heather is fifteen and Lola is eight. They plan on having one more before Montana turns thirty in four years.

Kayci and Brian, what can I say about them two, they had four children, all a year apart until Kayci was told she couldn't have anymore, there was Delylah, Dylan, Daniel and Devan, reasons they are all named with D' was unknown to anybody, apparently it was a Kayci and Brian thing, Delylah was thirteen, Dylan was twelve, Daniel eleven and Devan ten, two girls two boys.

Johnny married a girl named Chelsea three years after Jacklyn and I wed, he had a little girl with her named Ever, he and Chelsea never married but are still going strong.

Jacklyn and I? Well we have seven teenagers, It was stressful at times but it was worth it, Keegan grew up to be the tallest of everyone, six foot four inches at his tallest, Keely grew up to be the shortest and she looked just like Kodah, beautiful as she was and just like her in every way, Charlie is now thinking about moving out with Codi to be engaged, and we all thought it would be Codi and Keegan! And then there is James, he's amazing at drums, just like his uncle, he was at the moment getting ready for tour with his band, he was taking Keely with him, then there was Acelin, she's fifteen and looks like the modern day Snow White, she's beautiful and very polite to everyone, quiet as a mouse and Floyd's best friend, now for the youngest, Jacoby is twelve and very much like his mother, very hyper but has a very good head on his shoulders, he thinks everything he does through before he does it, and the youngest, Avery she's ten and the last of our children, she has bright blue hair at the moment but she was born with blonde hair, she has my color eyes and she sings beautifully.

My family was amazing and very much like a gang, you mess with one, you mess with them all, all the kids stuck with each other through thick and thin, they were family and nothing could change that.

“Guys! I have an announcement!” Charlie tapped on his glass with a knife, accidentally breaking it. “Oops.”

“Oops is right.” Codi (Along with everyone else) laughed, her black hair falling in her face. “Continue.”

“Alright. As I was saying, I have an announcement.” Charlie smiled and everyone stared at him.

“Mo-om! Brendon’s annoying me!” Kodah whined.

“Da-ad! Kodah’s being a tattle-tail!” Brendon retorted.

“Shush!” Jamie turned to them and scolded.

“Sorry, mommy…” They both said softly and hung their heads.

“Thank you.” Jamie giggled slightly. “Sorry, Charlie.”

“It’s okay.” Charlie laughed and turned to Codi. “Codi, I’ve known you all my life, and loved you for most of it,” Charlie said nervously, Codi blushing madly. “So, I was just wondering…” He got on his knee and everyone gasped. “Codi Marie Baker, will you marry me?”

“Oh, Charlie…” Codi rubbed her eyes and nodded. “Yes…”

“Oh, thank you!” He smiled widely and hugged Codi tightly.

“Matt! Zack!” Jamie cried out. “Our kids are getting married!”

“Yeah, Jamie, I know.” I nodded, trying to hold back from crying.

“And, Charlie.” Jamie pulled him away from Codi and hugged him. “Your mother would be so proud of you.”

“I know, Jamie. I know…” Charlie nodded, pulling away from Jamie and hugged me. “I wish mom could be here. I mean, I love Jacklyn to no end.”

“I know, Charlie. But she’s watching, and probably crying right now.” I let out a few tears fall on Charlie’s head. He pulled away and kissed Codi.

“Matt…” Jacklyn hugged me. “Don’t cry.”

“Alright.” I looked down to her and kissed her softly. And, as I kissed my wife, and Charlie kissed his (Future)wife, everything was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

The END!

(All this chapter was done by Montana)