Past Mistakes

Ninth month

I walked to my car and got in. I was having intense contractions, and wasn't sure if they were fake or not anymore.

I drove to the hospital, calling Robby, the babies dad. I put him on speaker while I drove. "Hello?" He asked.

"It's Olivia. I don't know if you care or not, but I'm going to the hospital to give birth to your baby." I said. I could hear him breathing.

"No, I don't care. Have fun raising her, you whore." He said then hung up. What?

"Dumbass ex." I muttered, pulling into a parking spot. I parked then got out and walked inside. "Hi, I think I just went into labor." I said. The nurse at the front looked at me.

"You think?" She asked. I nodded. "Take a seat." She pointed.

I started walking to the chairs when I felt a gush of water in my pants. I paused. "I don't think that was pee." I said, suddenly getting scared.

"We need a nurse!" The nurse at the front desk shouted, getting up. I shut my eyes from the pain as two nurse came over and helped me into the closest empty room.

"Quickly go change into this." One nurse handed me a hospital gown to change into. I walked into the bathroom and changed, leaving my clothes on the floor. I walked to the bed and laid down. "Let's see how far dilated you are." She said. I nodded as they checked.

"Three centimeters." She smiled. I groaned.

"Can I get any medicine?" I asked. She shook her head.

"You have to wait until you're four centimeters." She said. I whined and laid on my side. It hurt so badly!

"Just try to relax and sleep." One nurse said. I nodded a little, and attempted to relax. I watched the nurses in the hall scurrying around. This was horrible, and I knew it only got worse.

I closed my eyes and breathed in slowly. "Just relax." I muttered to myself. "Just relax."

"Is anyone going to be joining you for the birth?" One of the nurses asked. I looked at her for a minute and shook my head.

"No ma'am. No one." I said. I didn't have anyone. My mother cut me out of her life, disowned me and Robby and I had broken up. And my dad, well I hadn't seen him in years.

"Okay." She nodded and walked to the end of my bed. "I'll check again." She said, looking. I bit my lip a little.

"You're ready for the epidural." She smiled.

"Hell yeah!" I fist pumped.

She grabbed the needle for it. "I'll need you to sit up." She said. I nodded and sat up. She moved the gown so she could put it in my back. "This might hurt a little." She added. I bit my lip and shut my eyes when it went into my spine.

"Holy mother." I groaned as she set everything else up. I laid back down and curled up a little bit.

"You can try to rest now." She said and walked out. I tried sleeping it off.

I think I had fallen asleep a few times, cause every time I opened my eyes, the clock would be ahead a few minutes or a few hours.

"Oh my gosh." I said as I felt the contractions getting way worse. It was a horrid pain that I can't even put into actual words. "I need a nurse or something." I squeezed my eyes shut.

I heard footsteps. "You must be Olivia Wilde. Hi, I'm Doctor Young. Let's see how far you are." He said, examining me. "You're ready." He smiled. I looked at him.

"Really?" I asked, starting to panic. "Is it going to hurt?"

He chuckled. "Just think of it this way; you're getting a beautiful baby out of it." He said. I nodded. "Is it a girl or a boy?" He asked.

"Girl." I bit my lip. He smiled.

"Great. Okay, I'm going to need you to start pushing for me." He said. I whined softly as he called a nurse in. "And push." He said and started counting to ten. I got a breath and pushed as hard as I could.

"Ten. Awesome. Come on Olivia, again. One, two, three," He carried on counting as I pushed harder. "One more time. I can see her head." He counted again.

I pushed hard and felt pressure and then nothing. And then; I heard crying. I stopped and opened my eyes to see nurses cleaning her up a little.

One nurse handed her to me. "What are you going to name her?" She asked. I looked down at her, my eyes watering.

"Azalia Rose."
♠ ♠ ♠
And now it's done! There's no sequel cause this wasn't very popular or anything. Aha.
I hope you guys liked it though. :D

-Ashley Dawn