Sequel: Betrayed
Status: Joint Story

Unholy Confessions

Dinner

Neche’s POV

Johnny had been silent all throughout dinner. I hated it.

That wasn’t how my little cousin normally acted and I missed the old him. I missed the old everyone since that day though… everyone around me changed expect my sister. If I didn’t have her I’d go insane I think.

“I’ll do the dishes ma,” Johnny offered standing and taking the plates.

“I’ll help,” I stated grabbing some of my own.

“Oh no Nech-“ I cut my aunt off.

“Please Aunty, it’s the least I can do,” I offered a smile.

Mina looked at me as if to ask if I needed help but I shook my head. I wanted to speak to Johnny alone.

What he had said early really bothered me. Everything he had said “family’s dirty little secret”, already ogling over guys, and the one that bugged me the most; when he said to stay away from the Berry’s.

Johnny washed the dishes while I rinsed and dried. We kept doing this in silence for a while before he finally broke it.

“I’m sorry,” he muttered like he wasn’t really.

“Johnny what’s up with you? You’re acting really weird,” I sighed turning towards him.

“What the fuck do you expect?” He whispered-yelled as to not alert our family. “I was miles away from you hopeless as…” he trailed off with a sigh not being able to even say it. “You’re like my sister Neche and to hear that happened and not be able to do anything to stop it or just be there to comfort you hurt me more then you guys will ever know.”

His speech brought tears to my eyes and I took a deep breath.

“That’s why we’re here now though; we need you- I need you now Johnny boy,” he smiled at my old nickname for him. “Do you know what it’s like? Everyone knowing the worst thing that happened to you and treating you like a child?!” I finally snapped.

“I’m careful now; believe me I am but everyone still thinks I’m going to screw up; like it was my fault it happened! I just want to move on and everyone always looks at me with this face that tells me they’ll never let me forget,” I was crying harder now and Johnny had a look of sympathy on his face as he pulled me into a hug.

I sniffled softly.

“I didn’t know it was like that, it’s just… we are all scared for you,” he muttered and I nodded.

“I’m more careful,” I repeated and he nodded.

“I know it’s just… I know the Berry’s; they are my best friends ya know?” I nodded. “But I don’t trust them around your girls,” I cocked a brow but slowly nodded.

“We don’t need you to watch us Johnny, we are older,” anger flashed across his features before it softened while he sighed.

“Just… watch yourselves please?” I sighed but nodded.

“We will Johnny, promise,” I smiled and he nodded.

He didn’t say we had to stay away; just watch ourselves.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D I really am loving this story, hope to get some feedback telling us you love it too?
Comment and Subscribe please!
-Neche