‹ Prequel: Goodnight, Beautiful.
Sequel: Second City.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

08.

Holding a plush towel against her chest, Bristol walked out of the bathroom and called out to Dan. His wet hair was slicked back with ocean water, and his tanned skin was sticky with salt. The two of them, including Mike and Jeff horsed around the beach all day. Turning her back to him, Bristol could feel pain stinging her sore back.

“Holy shit.” Dan let out a concerned laugh as he got off the sofa. Running his finger down the length of her spine, Dan could feel the bumps of sun-blisters under the pads. They had gotten caught up in the moment, messing around like a group of children; Bristol had forgotten to reapply the sun block. It was a blessing that tomorrow was their last full day. She could lather up in zinc and sit in the shade of a tree with a hat covering her head. If Mike and Jeff caught wind of her predicament, she knew she’d be the butt of their jokes for time to come.

“Is it really that bad?” Bristol winced as she turned around. Just moving caused a ripping pain.

Grabbing her hand, Dan led her into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Bristol hopped up on the vanity, watching as he turned on the water, drawing a cool bath. When it was full just enough, the water was turned off; turning around Dan pointed a finger to Bristol. “Lose the towel and underwear.”

Climbing down, she dropped the towel, letting it pool around her ankles on the floor before stepping out of the white, cotton panties she put on. Grabbing her hand, Daniel held it as Bristol stepped in. A chill ripped through her body as she sat down. Cupping water in his hand, Dan wet her back, feeling the heat under his hand. He could feel Bristol jerk with chilliness. “Fuck, that’s cold.”

He felt for her, there was nothing worse than a terrible sunburn on vacation. Daniel hadn’t gotten one since he was a teenager and even the thought of application slipped his mind. Bristol’s natural skin color wasn’t as dark as his; she had the Irish blood in her. Sitting back on his ankles, Dan moved Bristol’s damp hair over one of her shoulders as he lips connected with the hot flesh. He kissed the space between her shoulder blades, wishing to take the soreness away.

Moving his way up, Dan earned himself a light moan from the depths of Bristol’s throat. He sucked, kissed and bit the sensitive skin of her neck. Turning around, Bristol pushed Dan away. She could see the look of confusion glaze over his eyes as he opened his mouth to say something. Silencing him by placing a finger to his lips, Bristol stood up, stepped out of the bath not caring that water dripped down her bare legs. He followed her lead, getting to his feet. Grabbing his belt, Bristol pulled him into the bedroom, closed and locked the door and wrapped her arms around his bare neck. The feeling of his bare chest against hers lit a fire in Bristol’s core. She could feel her heart hum quick in her chest.

Daniel stroked a hand down her cheek, ran both hands down her body, drawing her naked body closer to his. He took her mouth his. Bristol couldn’t remember ever being kissed like that. The meeting of their lips and tongues shocked her entire body. He kissed her cheeks, grazed his lips across her brow as her eyes watched him. They were no longer quiet and blue, but rather stormy. Bristol realized he had just barely touched her and yet, her breath was backed up in her lungs. Trailing a finger along her collarbone, it dropped to the swell of her breast. His touch was light; just a whisper.

She released her breath to find it caught again. “Daniel, you’re making my knees shake.”

“I love your eyes.” Tracing two fingers down her torso and up again, leaving a tingling sensation in their path. “I love watching them when I touch you, like this.”

He explored, slow, steady and patient. Covering each swell, curve and angle while her body quivered in response. With shaky hands, Bristol somehow managed to remove the buckle of his belt, and flipped open the button of his worn-out jeans, easing the zipper down. Hooking her fingers in the waistband of his boxers, she pulled both garments down in a single, swift push.

This time his mouth met hers in a fever. Daniel felt Bristol melt in his arms as he drew her back, allowing his teeth to nibble the curve of her jaw. As her head fell back, he gave his hands permission to roam free. When they were skin to skin, she hooked an arm around his neck; her body beginning to move against his. Not too fast, he reminded himself. Daniel made it his mission to savor every touch, every kiss, every second.

With her heart hammering under his hand, Dan counted his lucky stars. She was with him again, she felt him, wanting him more than ever. Her eyes fluttered. Pleasure, he pin-pointed. There was so much to be given and taken tonight. He would please her, tonight, soak her with sensation and feeling and watch as she rose and fell. A finger teased her inner thigh.

“Daniel,” Bristol’s hand pressed against his wrist, urging Dan on. Instead, he retracted, leaving Bristol shocked and shaky.

“I’m not finished yet.”

Her porecelain skin flushed with passion as her eyes fogged with lusty storms and he lay her down in bed. She reached for his neck, pulling him in for a hot kiss. Dan’s own needs hammered in his loins and his blood pressure elevated. Bristol’s body shuddered and ached as he took her breast in his mouth. Her thoughts cleared of everything but him and his mouth around her swollen nipple. A skilled mouth and skilled hands lathered her body with unknown sensations. Layer upon layer Daniel laid them on until it became nearly impossible for her to even breathe any longer.

“I can’t take anymore.” Her words choppy.

He slid a finger down, gliding over her, into her.

Her body quaked through a blast of release. Dan’s lips ran down as he used them to destroy her. Bristol rose and fell, quick, as hard sensation flooded her mind into deep shadows. A storm that had swelled deep her belly roared, pushing her into the next swell. At last, when he slipped inside her, they moaned together. Dan stared into her darkening eyes as he drove them both mad with long, slow strokes. He felt her climb as he drove deep within her. He let himself fall in her eyes and drown.

---

Bristol felt high. When air was finally able to go in and out of her lungs she knew that was a good sign. At several points, Bristol had thought she stopped breathing all together. She lay on her stomach, unable to be on her back due to the fact the burned and blistered skin had been rubbed raw while Dan…annihilated her. Touching his lips gently to her damp forehead, he smiled. “Okay?”

Okay? Bristol thought. You were only okay when you slipped on ice and broken broke your ankle. Or in her case, punched a wall and broke several small bones. A time when you were not okay was when your entire body had just been turned inside out over and over.

Unable to keep her smartass remake to herself, Bristol put her head on Dan’s chest and closed her eyes. He had no right to get mad; he had set her up. “My dad would be proud.”

Dan ran his hand through her hair as Bristol felt his chest rise and fall with a snicker. His heart beat was loud in her ear. Tipping her head up to look at him, Bristol found his eyes were closed, his face looking beyond relaxed. It was the way he looked when he slept. Not having too much strength left, Bristol faintly ran a finger over an unnoticed scar under his jawline.

“Where’d you get this scar from?” It wasn’t from a fight, he had shown those off with pride the second time they slept together.

“A fencing accident.”

“Like, real fencing?” Intrigued, Bristol thought she had uncovered another life Daniel lived.
It scared her when he hesitated to answer. As if, almost ashamed and embarrassed. His voice suddenly filled with apathy. “No, not real fencing. When I was fourteen, I was running from a group of older kids who wanted to entertain themselves by pounding the shit out of me. I had to climb a chain-link fence and just as I was about to toss my leg to the other side, one of them grabbed my ankle and I gashed myself on an exposed wire.”

Bristol blinked, not knowing what exactly to say. He had never mentioned or given her any reason to believe he had been bullied as a kid. By the way he acted on the ice; one would believe he had been the bully growing up. “Ouch, I’m sorry.” Kissing the scar, Bristol set her head in the curve of his shoulder. “Did you get away?”

“Nope.”

He wrapped his arms around her, making sure there was no other place she could go. It felt good, being cuddled up like that. They were skin to skin, with their heats beating at the same quick rhythm. Bristol wouldn’t mind if they stayed like that for the duration of their vacation. They were leaving in thirty-six, heading back to Philadelphia where they would all be forced to once again deal with the current storm they called reality.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates in one day! Today was slow :)