Status: Current.

We Can Live Forever

Grace Kennedy

"What the fuck?" Paige was explicit in her wording, but it was what we were all thinking.
Why would a child be in the middle of nowhere?
I was the first to react, jumping out of the car and dashing towards her, covering her frail arms with my jacket.
Up close, she was even more of a disaster.
When I was in the car, I hadn't noticed she was in a BL/ind hospital gown, her chocolate skin covered in perspiration.
I crouched to my knees, trying my best to smile at her.
"Hi sweetie. What are you doing out here?"
Dark submissive eyes gazed at me.
"He told me to run."
"Who told you, honey?" I hadn't noticed Party Poison behind me until he spoke.
"The man. With a wheel chair. He called himself Doctor."
"Fuck!" Party swore under his breath. He turned to the others. "They took Dr. D! He saved her for some reason."
I looked back at the girl.
"What's you name, sweetheart?"
Her eyebrows furrowed in concentration for a few moments.
"I-I don't know."
"You don't know? Well, C'mon sweetie," I hoisted her into my arms. "We're going to find out."
Party looked at me, surprise fluttering his gaze.
"Why should we take her? She knows absolutely nothing and would be a waste of time and energy!"
I glared at him.
"There's obviously a reason why BL/ind wants her, and I'm sure that it would help to get Dr.D back!"
He sighed and nodded numbly, climbing into the driver's seat.
I carried the girl back into my seat, tucking her into my lap.
"Go to sleep, my sweet. It's all over now."
Her eyes fluttered close as I tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, staring out at the desert.
The never ending ocean of sand.
****
Four nights later, when we were all curled up next to the fire, The Girl in my lap, Party began to speak about the plan he and the other men had formulated.
"The Girl (Something we had all decided upon calling her, since we had no idea of her name) is obviously a patient, or test subject BL/ind was using for some unknown reason. We need to get her out of that gown, or else any Drac will spot her and realize who she is and take her. If Dr. D had figured out what she was for, then it must be important to risk his own life for. Does anyone know how to hack into the mainframe?"
I nodded.
"Yes, but I would need some sort of technology that the Dracs use to get WANTED people or something. I can't just hack into a tracker device or the video cameras set up in this desert. We need to find a Drac, kill him and take whatever device he may have on him that would be large enough to hack into."
Frank grinned.
"Seen those before. They carry them at all times on the hips."
"So we wait?"
"We wait."
****
We didn't wait too long, in fact.
I was the only one awake, due to my insomnia, and I spotted a dark shadow moving slowly toward us.
It chuckled. "Easy as pie."
I pulled my gun out of its holster slowly, cocking it with barely any noise, none of it noticable thanks to the loud chorus of snores.
Jesus, EVERYONE fuckin' snored in this group.
Pointing my gun at the moving shape, I pulled the trigger out of reflex.
A loud grunt sounded, before the crumpling of clothing.
I climbed over my friends to get to the body, a large hole in its chest, blood seeping onto the white pure-ness of the ensemble.
I obviously didn't use the right gun.....
It reminded me of macabre art that I had seen as a child, then thinking it gruesome, now thinking it beautiful.
I searched its body, patting every inch, finding the device easily.
I peaked at the thing, turning it on.
It was touch screen, round in shape, five inches around, lightweight.
I began sifting through the files, trying to find the information from the medical team of Bl/ind.
And then, I did.
GRACE KENNEDY.
Age 10.
African American.
Brunette.
Brown Eyed.
Test Subject Number 2105.
Medical Information: Test Subject has had The Cure injected into blood by maternal parents, both eliminated. Keep captive until death.


I swallowed a gulp of air, my throat quickly drying.
"Guys!" It came out as a croak, they stirred slightly. "GUYS!"
Jumping up, Mikey pointed his gun at me as the others rose quickly to their feet, Grace rubbing her eyes that were filled with sleep.
When he saw it was me, Mikey lowered his gun and cocked his head.
"What is it Bulletproof?"
I held up the device and pointed at the dead Drac.
"Her name is Grace Kennedy. Her parents injected her with the cure to BL/ind's drug. When they found out, they killed them and kidnapped her, planning to keep her until death."
Party Poison was the first to speak.
"Well, shit."
♠ ♠ ♠
QUICK UPDATE!
I'm on a roll. :')
Peace, love and MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE.
Bulletproof xo