Status: Discontinued

I'm in Love with My Best Friend Nick Jonas

Things Coming to Light

Later in the day arrived and it was unfortunately time for me to go back to Florida. Nick being in a dark blue shirt and jeans while I was in this.

I hadn’t told Nick that I knew about Joe’s text and Nick tried to hide the fact that there was anything said to begin with. Once we reached my boarding gate, he finally decided to address the matter.

“Rose, I don’t want to lie to you, but Joe texted me this morning and he’s not going to give up on you,” he said reluctantly.

I didn’t speak. I didn’t know what to say in response to that.

“This doesn’t need to happen between you two. If need be, I’ll leave you guys alone and-,” I tried, but Nick cut across me.

“Are you insane? I’ve been in love with you since I was four. Do you honestly think I’m just going to let you walk away because of Joe and him wanting to fight for you?” he asked causing me to look away and stare at my footsteps.

“But what if you guys fight physically and your parents find out? What about the agency? They’d want to know why, right?” I asked taking a seat in the nearly empty seating area.

“I’ll figure something out if the time comes, but until then, don’t worry, OK, baby?” he asked embracing me in a hug. My eyes fluttered closed as I took in his scent knowing I wouldn’t be near him for a while.

A sigh escaped me before I spoke.

“OK,” I answered just as the loudspeaker announced my flight was said to board for a final time.

“I love you,” Nick said hugging me longingly knowing he’d miss me just as much as I’d miss him.

“I love you, too,” I answered softly suppressing the tears that threatened to spill from me.

I stared up into his eyes as Nick stared back at me. He leaned in, kissing my lips passionately before I reluctantly pulled away in the middle of what would have been a make out session, grabbing my bag as he handed me my ticket which he had stashed in his pocket somehow.

“I’ll text you! Have a safe flight!” Nick exclaimed plastering a smile to his lips for my sake.

I laughed a little as I waved back at him taking numerous glances back at his figure until I couldn’t see him anymore. Even when I boarded the plane, I tried my hardest not to think too much about how life is going to change for the three of us. I placed my left hand on the window as I thought about Nick and if the next time I’d see him would be any time soon.

..

-After Rose’s departure-
-Nick’s POV-

I watched Rose leave, plastering a fake smile to my lips as I said a temporary “goodbye” to her until the next time I knew I’d see her again. It was when I turned was when I was caught off guard the most.

Joe stood some feet away from me in similar clothing to me. We were disguised well, but unlike the times when we were younger, no wigs were worn on either of us. I was in a pair of jeans and work-out shoes with a white V-neck, blue shirt, and sunglasses. Joe was just in some jeans which were black, a white V-neck, black and white Forces, and sunglasses with a black jacket to cover his shirt. We just stared at one another with cold looks that said so much. I couldn’t believe this guy was my brother, let alone the same man that wants the woman I’m dating now.

I walked over to him, but instead of slowing my pace once I was close enough, I continued getting a scoff from him. He walked next to me instantly, but decided to speak first.

“Real mature, Nick,” he said ticking me off.

My footsteps stopped and I turned to face him.

“I can hardly say the same about you. How could you do that to me and Rose?” I asked incredulously, but in the same tone.

An irritated sigh escaped my brother before he spoke again.

“How could I?! How could you break Rose and I up like that? Don’t you feel at least slightly guilty about forcing me to tell her what happened between me and Brittney? How is that fair either?” he asked hitting a weak spot.

“I know that was wrong, but she needed to know whether if it was her birthday or not,” was all I could say.

“Just like how she needs to understand that you only did it to sabotage our relationship and technically you cheated on Delta when you ‘exposed’ your true feelings to Rose. You didn’t do it because you love her. You did it so I wouldn’t be with her and so you could have an easier time getting her,” Joe retorted.

I ran a hand through my curls as I felt Joe’s words starting to affect me. I had been fighting the guilt over the past few days, but it’s only gotten worse.

“Regardless of that, Rose made her decision. You and I both know that,” I concluded as I resumed my pace again.

Joe caught up again with ease and spoke one last time.

“Regardless of that, I’m going to fight for her no matter what. Until she says to my face that she only wants you and you alone, then I’m not gonna give up on Rose. I just came here to tell you that,” he concluded before exiting out of the airport.

I bit the inside of my lip as I felt my competitive side and anger combine into one.

“Bring it on, brother. Bring it on,” I said to myself before exiting myself.


-Normal POV-

I wore the clothes that I had on at the airport to class not seeing a reason to change clothes since I was crunched for time after dropping my bags off at home and got ready for class. It was Ena whom spoke once I was in the middle of it all.

“You know, you have a real dilemma on your hands,” she said blatantly as she stood at the door of my room.

I stared at my best friend as I shook my head as though she were silly.

“Dilemma? I just had the best couple of days of my life with the man I’ve been in love with since I was almost six years old,” I lied, but Ena saw right through it.

“Something happened, didn’t it?” she asked causing me to close my eyes and temporarily delay myself from getting my bag and things ready for class.

“Joe is going to fight for me,” I mumbled, but it was audible to Ena’s ears.

“What?!” Ena exclaimed incredulously.

I sat on my bed running a hand through my hair.

“I know. It’s crazy, right? I’ve never seen Joe try to win anybody back,” I replied not wanting to talk about the matter.

“Rosie, you know this is only going to make things worse for you three, right?” my best friend asked.

I stared at Ena for a moment.

“What should I do?” I asked like a helpless child.

“You have to think of it this way. What I ask, please just answer honestly,” Ena responded blatantly.

I nodded feverishly before Ena spoke again.

“Do you love Nick?” she asked.

“Of course,” I answered.

“Are you in love with Nick?” she asked.

“Ena-,” I began, but Ena cut across me.

“Just answer the question,” she said seriously.

“Yes,” I answered immediately.

“Do you trust him despite everything that’s happened?” Ena asked.

“Yes,” I answered hesitantly.

“OK. Do you love Joe?” Ena asked with a sigh.

“What?” I answered incredulously.

“Do you love Joe?” Ena repeated.

“Yes,” I answered reluctantly.

“Are you in love with Joe?” my friend asked.

“What kind of question is that?” I asked, but Ena just stared at me waiting for me to answer.

I thought about the heartache I felt whenever I thought about the good times Joe and I had before we were together especially when Nick rejected me years previously. He was always there for me when I needed him even in times when he himself was in a relationship and Nick wasn’t.

“I don’t know,” I answered honestly causing Ena to sigh loudly.

“Despite everything that’s happened, if your relationship were to fall apart with Nick, would you trust him to be there for you?” Ena asked finally.

“Not without ulterior motives,” I answered, but Ena shot me a look.

“OK, yes. If he was being strictly a friend, then yes,” I answered honestly.

“And that is where the problem is, Rose. You’re so used to them being the way they are and when one changes, you’re ready to go to the other,” Ena said shaking her head.

“It’s not like that!” I exclaimed.

“Really? Then, how was it so easy for you to switch up with the brothers knowing you had an inkling as to how both of them felt over the years?” Ena asked blatantly.

“That’s not true! I didn’t know Nick loved me! I didn’t know he was in love with me!” I said honestly, but was beginning to get riled up.

“Look, if that bastard was in love with you so much then why did he technically cheat on Delta with you?” Ena asked causing silence to fall between us.

I began processing Ena’s words as they hit me like a ton of bricks. Technically speaking, Ena was right.

“All I’m saying is don’t give your heart fully to Nick just yet. There may be skeletons lurking in both of their closets and it’s up to you to find out what skeletons are lurking in there,” Ena concluded.

“Skeletons, seriously?” I joked as I thought about it all.

“You know what I mean!” Ena answered waving a hand back at me before walking out of the room.

Suddenly, my phone went off and I picked it up seeing a text from Nick.

You made it home back safely, babe? I miss you already.

I was about to hit the reply button when I received another message seeing it was from Joe.

I think we need to talk to get everything out in the open. I still miss you and I regret that night with Brittney. I still love you, Roseanna and I don’t plan on giving up on you any time soon.

I stared at the message constantly rereading it over and over again as I thought about Ena’s words and both brothers’ actions. I was confused beyond belief and ultimately that day decided to figure out my problems after class.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been FOREVER since I last updated this story.

Literally finished typing this chapter which had only about 2 pages when I pulled it up, but when I started typing this morning, it got up to 8 pages. :D

Anyways, what do you guys think Rose should do? Joe's ready to fight and so is Nick, but is Rose sure about which brother she wants?

Anywho, please don't forget to recommend, comment, and subscribe.