The Beginning

Morning After

"Where am I," Ellie thought to herself as she rolled over to her right. On her hip she saw a mans large hand resting. She smiled to herself thinking, "Nice work Ellie, hope he is good looking though."

She turned her head slowly and clasped her hand over her mouth when she saw Mike Green's sleeping face next to her. She thought to herself, "Shit." Ellie shimmied off the bed pulling the sheet with her. To her luck Mike only groaned and turned over without opening his eyes. Ellie rushed to the bathroom and found her clothes in a wad on the floor. She pulled on her spandex and jersey. She grabbed the shoes and sneakers and slowly tip toed out of his room. She got to the door and slipped out without him even waking.

Now Ellie got down the stairs and immediately dialed Abby's number.

"Hello," a sleepy Abby said.

"Abby, hey I need you to come get me, like now," Ellie said quickly.

"Wait, ok, where are you," she answered.

Ellie turned around just to see the apartment she snuck out of was right next to the apartment she lived in.

"Shit, never mind, I will be home in five," Ellie replied.

Ellie climbed the stairs to her apartment and let herself in. She found Abby on the couch eating cereal and hopped into the spot next to her.

"Who did you do last night Gretz," Abbe said smiling.

"I had sex with Mike Green, dude,' Ellie said smirking.

"You suck," Abby said laughing and adding, "Brooks totally just left ten minutes ago, great one nighter."

"Shit, well I have my first day of wo- oh my god, I will have to see him today, or tomorrow, or another day," Ellie remembered. She was the new girl in PR at the Washington Capitals offices at Kettler Ice Plex.

Ellie ran into her room, pulled on a grey pencil skirt and light pink blouse and ran out the door promising Abby detail later.

***

Mike rolled to his right putting his arm out. He smiled when it hit nothing, or no one. He once again enjoyed his night and didn't have to deal with it in the morning. He got up, stretched himself out, put on sweats and slippers and got into his white Range Rover.

"Practice is too damn early today," Mike said aloud to himself in the car.

As Mike got there about seven people were in the front looking for autographs. Normally Mike would have walked by, but for people to come out this early, only reminds him of when he met his hockey heros.

Mike signed and walked into the dressing room looking tired as hell.

"Hey buddy," Brooks said slapping Mike on the bum.

More hello's and sarcastic "hey's" came from the locker room until Mike turned around smiling. He put out an imaginary golf club, set up for an imaginary hit, and swung. He then put his hand over his eyes as if he was watching something from afar, and about five seconds later fist pumped the air and yelled, "A hole in one!"

The rest of the room lit up with laughter and high fives all around for Mike. Bruce then came in yelling, "Get out there you fucks."

***

Ellie arrived ten minutes early and was greeted by a man name David Wheels.

"Hi Ellie, glad you're early, we can show you around," he said.

David led Ellie around for about twenty minutes until she got the lay of the land. After their tour he led her to her new office which overlooked practice.

"This is yours, and mine is next door," David said, "There are a stack of papers and instructions. As the new one, you will be accompanying all the guys on their fundraisers and community projects."

"Sound great, what is first on the list," Ellie asked smiling.

"Today we have Brooks Laich and Nicklas Backstrom heading to a middle school." he replied.

***

"Me and Brooks go to school today and play hockey," Nicky said to Mike when he asked about having lunch together.

"Oh, I will just join, I have nothing better to do anyway," Mike said.

"Alright, come along then if you must," Brooks said jokingly.

The boys walked out of the locker room and were greeted by the new PR girl.

"Hi guys," she said, "my name is Ellie, I'll be the new girl who takes you to all these things," Ellie said smiling, avoiding eye contact with Mike.

"There she was," thought Mike, and to his surprise he was happy to see her.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment?