Status: .

His Violet Eyes

Dandelions

It was Friday and I was glad! I could sleep in class, get yelled at, go home and have two days to shake off the embarrassment.

“Mom!” I shouted as I stood in front of the fridge.

“Que!?” (What) I rolled my eyes, PMSing much?

“Can I please, please skip school today!? Ian’s Mom is sick and I wanna do something for her!” I begged until she agreed.

Dad walked in and raised a brow in my direction. “What are you doing?” He asked as he sat down and fixed his tie.

“Skipping school, Making cookies.” I shrugged nonchalantly and took out some milk. Dad coughed and his coffee spilt on the table.

“Ew! Dad clean your mouth.” I scrunched up my nose in disgust.

He glared at me as he cleaned his mouth. “Skipping school?” He coughed and I nodded.

“Yep.” I danced back to the mixer and started mixing the dough.

“Who said you could?”

“I did!” Mom sang and kissed his forehead.

“Why?”

“Because Ian’s Mom is sick and Hope wants to do something for them.” She said calmly and started cooking some eggs.

“I’ll never understand woman.” Dad sighed and took out his Blackberry.

I rolled my eyes and threw the dough into the sink. “Hope! Why’d you throw it out!?” Mom shrieked.

“Because, I hate cookie dough. It pisses me off, and his Mom is sick, how can she eat cookies. I’m gonna go pick some flowers.” I nodded curtly and ran out the door.

Knowing where the best flowers are sold, I sped there.

“Hope!” Carla, a middle aged Hispanic lady, shouted from the counter.

“Hey!” I said cheerfully.

“I knew you were coming over! Look at how many flowers I sold!” She exclaimed and sighed happily. I giggled and chose the flowers I wanted.

“Hey, I want 4 red roses. Do you have dandelions?” I asked and she raised a brow at me.

“I have roses. But the dandelions are out in the back.” She stared at me but then shrugged.

I picked out two dandelions and paid for the total.

I sat in my car and then started it up. Driving to the hospital, I texted Ian about his Mom’s room number.

As I walked into the hospital, I felt like puking. It smelled bad, there were sick people everywhere, and some were even close to dieing.

“Hi. Do you now where’s room 777?” I asked sweetly and she smiled, pointing in the direction I was suppose to go to.

I quietly entered the room, and saw Ian’s Dad smiling at me and his Mom grinning from ear to ear.

“Hi.” I whispered and she hugged me. His Dad got the roses and put them in the vase.

“Oh, Hope. They are so beautiful!” She whispered and I grinned.

“Thank you. Where’s Ian though?” I asked and his Dad smiled quietly.

“He went on the terrace.” His Mom grinned and I smiled.

I crept up the stairs and saw Ian standing there, his back to me.

I quietly ran towards him and jumped on his back.

“Hope. Sometimes you can be such a child!” He laughed and set me down.

I grinned up at him. “Look.” I whispered and showed him the dandelions.

“Dandelions?” He looked at me strangely and I handed him one.

“Wait.” I put my hand on his chest

“What?”

“Is your Mom better?” I looked at him and saw that he was grinning from ear to ear.

“Oh god yes! She can walk and jog! The doctors said shes cured. The problem was too much blood in her stomach. They did something and now she’s healthy!” He laughed and I smiled.

“Then let’s wish in the dandelion.”

“Wish?”

“Mm-hmm” I said and faced the edge of the building.

“What do I wish for?” He asked and stood next to me.

“Anything you want.” I whispered and the wind blew.

I silently said my wish and kept my eyes closed as I blew on the dandelion.

Oh God, You granted my other wish, please grant this one. I begged quietly.

God, I know I haven’t prayed to you in a long, long time. But I do wish that Hope's wish is granted Ian silently blew on his dandelion and smiled, knowing Hope’s the only one who would do this with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I honestly don't like this chapter D:
But hey, Ian's Mommy survived!
Did you guys like it!?
Oh yeah, I was watching these videos on YouTube about Military men coming home </3
It was so sad but so sweet!
So, I'm writing a letter to the men out in the military :D
So, Because of this, I might not be able to update for a while.