Status: Living happily ever after...well as happy as you can get with werewolves and vampires.

Oh Yeah...It's Hot

18. Runaway mother returns

*A few months later; August*

“Come on Destiny. We have too much stuff to do today and you can’t stay in bed the entire day.” Said Paul who had been trying to get me up for the last hour and a half.

“But I’m tired.” I whined from under the blankets. He pulled the blankets back and I covered my face from the light.

“Ok, if you still want to get married to me then get up and get ready. If not then you can stay in bed.” He said.

“You’re so mean.” I whined.

“I know…come on. I’ll take you to the bathroom.” He said.

“No…bed good.” I protested. He slid his arms underneath me and lifted me up. “Paul. Come on now. I let you sleep when you’re tired.” I stated.

“Yea, but we never have anything big planned on those days. Now take a shower and get ready.” He said sitting me on the toilet. He kissed me on the head and walked out smiling.

“I hate you!” I yelled.

“No you don’t.” he yelled back from the bedroom. I sighed and stripped out of my clothes. I turned the water on and got in then did what I needed to do. Once I was done I wrapped myself in a towel and walked to the bathroom. He was sitting on the bed playing on my laptop. I walked to the closet and picked my clothes out.

When I was dressed I put my pajamas in the clothes hamper and tied my shoes. “Happy?” I asked as I stood up. He looked up from my computer and smiled.

“No.” he replied. I looked down at my clothes and frowned.

“Why not?” I asked.

“I like the lap dance outfit better.” He grinned walking over to me.

“Well that outfit aint coming out for a while.” I said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me toward him. He bent down toward me and pressed his lips to mine. “Come on, let’s go.” I said pulling away. He sighed and we walked out to the car. Paul drove us up to Port Angeles to meet up with the wedding planner. He helped us with planning a few things today like the invitations, place cards and etc. He and I made an appointment for us and my bridal party to pick out the dresses. A few hours later Paul and I were sitting in a diner eating. “What kind of cake do you want to have because we are gonna have to pick a flavor and stuff sooner or later.” I said taking a sip of my milkshake.

“How about a mixture of both of our favorites?” he suggested.

“Carrot and white…hmmm…that sounds good.” I smiled. I loved carrot cake; my dad used to make it all the time for me. We sat in the diner and talked about some wedding stuff, the bachelor/batchelorette parties and stuff like that. I had no idea what the girls had planned for me. When we finished eating we split the bill and headed home. When we got there I could tell something was wrong; Quil and Embry were sitting on the porch. They had sullen looks on their faces. Before Paul could even stop the car I jumped out and ran over to them. “What’s wrong?” I asked. They looked at each other but didn’t answer. Paul walked up to us and I asked again. “What happened? What’s wrong?”

“It’s Jake.” Quil said looking up at me. My eyes popped open and I took off running. I ran straight to the house with the guys behind me. As I got there the gang was standing outside with Kim, Emily, Sue and Billy.

“Billy.” I said running up.

“Destiny.” He said. I hugged him and he pulled me toward him.

“What happened? Is he ok?” I asked looking around.

“We ran into a scent and followed it to the treaty line. We were out numbered even with the Cullens.” Sam said.

“Carlisle is tending to him now.” Billy said. A tear left my eye and I instantly felt guilty. Paul put an arm around my shoulder and I lend into him. A second later I heard an ear piercing scream that made all of us cover our ears in pain. A tear rolled down my cheek since I knew my cousin was in more pain than her ever could be. A few minutes later Carlisle came out. “How’s he doing?” Billy asked.

“He’s healing at a good speed. Several ribs were broken, his left shoulder and right knee were dislocated and he’s pretty bruised. I gave him some pain medicine but I’m not sure how long it will last.” Carlisle said.

“Can we see him?” Sam asked.

“He wants to see Billy and Destiny right now.” He said. I looked up at Paul and walked over to Billy’s chair. I pushed him into the house and he led us to his room.

“Jake?” I asked knocking on his door softly while opening it. He was laying on his bed with bandages and gauze all over him. His left arm was in a sling that was lying on his stomach.

“Hey.” Billy said wheeling over to his bedside. I stood by the door looking at him. He looked horrible. Instead of smiling, he winced. It was awful seeing him like this.

“Hey dad. How’s everyone doing?” he asked.

“Quil and Sam are healed.” He said. I couldn’t think of anything to say so I just stood there and watched as they talked.

“Dest…you ok?” Jake asked looking at me. I looked at him and shook my head.

“I’ll leave you two alone.” Billy said. He touched Jake’s hand and turned his chair around. When he wheeled over to me he grabbed my hand and I put mine on his shoulder. I closed the door as he left and pulled a chair up next to him.

“Hey.” He said.

“Hey.” I replied quietly.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“I can’t stand to see you like this. You’re my cousin and I wasn’t there for you this time.” I said as a tear left my eye.

“It’s ok. I don’t blame you.” He said.

“If Paul and I were there then you wouldn’t have been out numbered and you wouldn’t be like this.” I said gesturing to his wounds. He got really quiet like he had something to say but didn’t want to. “What’s on your mind?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He said.

“Jake, I know you better than that. What’s really on your mind?” I asked. He just looked at me hesitantly and blankly.

“Dest, I have something to tell you.” He said.

“Uh oh…this can’t be good.” I said.

“It’s not.” I looked at him waiting for him to continue. “It’s about your mom.” He said. My eyes opened wide.

“What about her?” I asked.

“When we were fighting the vamps by the treaty line…I saw her.” He said. My eyes popped open and my mouth opened.

“What do you mean you saw her?” I asked.

“She was fighting Bella.”

“Fighting Bella? Why would she be fighting against a vampire? Are you sure it was her, I mean the last I heard she moved to Vermont.” I said.

“I’m one hundred percent sure it was her. When I saw her I said her name and she froze then looked at me. She gasped then took off running. I followed her into the woods with Bella and Emmett. That’s when I got messed up.” He said. I just looked at him confused trying to figure out why she was here and running with vampires. “Destiny…your mom is a leech.” He said. I looked at him in surprise.

“What!?” I yelled.

“I know it’s hard to believe. I couldn’t even believe it till I saw her eyes. Blood red.” He said.

“Is she the one who did this to you?” I asked. He didn’t respond just nodded his head. I shot up out of the chair and ran out of the room. I ran out of the house with Jake yelling my name in the background. I darted past the pack in the front yard sitting around. They all gave me confused looks as I ran past them.

“Talk to Jake, we’ll get Destiny!” I heard Sam yell as I ran into the woods. I jumped over fallen trees and ducked under low branches. I could hear the pack running after me. “DESTINY!” Sam yelled. I ran toward the treaty line and sniffed for the scent of the vamps. I slowed to a walk and followed the scent. The gang finally caught up to me. “Destiny, what happened?” Sam asked walking in front of me.

“Jake saw my mom. As a vampire.” I said sniffing. Everyone looked at me.

“You can’t find them now. They’re long gone.” Sam said putting a hand on my arm.

“I will follow the scent to China if I have to. I need to see for myself.” I said.

“You won’t have to go to China. They are still in the area.” A female voice said. I looked to the other side of the creek and saw Alice. She looked around in the trees and I followed her gaze.

“Can you help me track my mom?” I asked looking at her.

“You won’t have to look far.” She said.

“What do you mean?” I asked confused.

“She has made a decision to see you soon.”

“How soon?”

“Tomorrow evening.” She said. I sucked in a breath and started thinking about what I wanted to say to her when I see her. Paul and I headed back to the house shortly after we finished talking to the Cullens. He had gone to sleep a couple hours after we got back but I couldn’t sleep. I sat on the couch thinking about everything she had put me through since she walked out on me and dad. Thought after thought made me angrier and angrier by the second. It eventually got to the point where I actually had to run out of the house and shift without waking Paul up and trashing the house. Instead of turning back I decided to go for a run around the town for a while. While I was running I got a feeling that made my hot blood run cold and my long fur stand up on ends; I felt like I was being followed. I used my wolf senses and sure enough I was. I smelled bleach which burnt my nose, I heard light whooshing around me that I wasn’t causing and the one thing that told me I was being followed was the scent of my mom’s perfume. She was here. I ran for a few more feet then stopped dead in my tracks. I shifted back and quickly changed into my clothes that I had around my ankle.

“Hello mother.” I said through my teeth as I stepped from behind the bushes. The look on her face was shock, confusion, and horror.

“De-Destiny?” she asked.

“I’m surprised you still know my name seeing as how you left me and dad.” I said walking toward her. She didn’t have anything to say, she just stood there looking at the ground.

“You’re one of them?” she asked confused.

“Yes I am…and you are a disgusting blood sucker.” I said circling her.

“I’ve missed you so much.” She said.

“Ha sure you have.” I snarled.

“I wanted to come back to find you but I just couldn’t bring myself to it.” She said.

“I’ve wanted to find you too.” I said sounding sweet.

“You have?” she asked.

“Yeah, so I can tell you what I am about to tell you now.” I said losing the sweetness. “How could you? How could you leave your family like that!?” I yelled. She looked taken aback. “You could have come back all those years but you stayed away, you probably didn’t even love dad…or me.” I said.

“I did love your father I just…” she started.

“You just what?” I asked.

“You were a mistake, it was an unplanned pregnancy. I never wanted to have kids.” She said.

“So you were just pretending to love me!?” I yelled.

“I tried to get rid of you before you even had the chance to grow inside me!” she said.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because I knew what you were going to be…which is why I have to finish what I never got to…it ends tonight.” She said. She charged at me with such speed that when she hit me I flew backwards through the woods. I slammed into a tree and fell to the floor of the woods. She appeared in front of me and I shot my leg to the right causing her to fall to the ground. I jumped up and kicked her to the other side of the woods. While she was flying backwards I quickly shifted shredding my clothes. We fought each other like I had never fought before. I never imagined that I would be fighting my mom who was a vampire just to survive. I never thought that she would be trying to kill me when I first saw her again. Punch after punch, kick after kick we fought. I had several gashes on me that were healing as fast as they could. I could feel the warm blood trickling down my fur as I snapped my jaws toward her neck. At one point she reach for my back hips which gave me a pretty good shot at trying to get her neck but when she grabbed my hip she pulled me down so the only part of her that I got was her arm. I took a chunk out of her upper arm causing her to lose mobility of it. She screamed out in pain and grabbed it. That pissed her off which probably made her want to kill me even more. At this time it had started to pour rain and she ran so I chased her into a small clearing of dirt in the middle of the woods. When I got to where she was she charged at me and I jumped over her then landing on my feet behind her. When she turned around to look at me I jumped on her and pinned her to the ground. She tried to push me off but I dug my claws into her chest.

“Farwell, mommy dearest.” I said even though she couldn’t understand me. I raised my left paw and snapped her neck causing her head to pop off. I tore her limbs off piece by piece and threw them into a pile. As I shifted back into my normal self I grabbed things that could cause a fire. Dry leaves, dry grass, rocks and sticks. It took a few tries but I eventually got a little spark to happen which led to a fire. I sat on the ground crying, naked and hurt till I heard loud howls in the distance. Seconds later I was no longer alone. Sam, Jared and Embry were there. We all have seen each other naked unfortunately so this was nothing new. Sam shifted and came over to me.

“Jared, run and wake Paul. Make sure to get some clothes too.” Sam said. I guess Jared left since there was a loud whooshing sound. I sat on the ground and stared at the fire that was blazing in front of us. “Destiny…are you ok?” Sam asked cautiously.

“She didn’t want me.” I cried. He sat next to me and put his hand on my back I cried for a few minutes with him next to me and until there were more howls and thuds against the ground. Seconds later the rest of the pack except Jake came running out of the woods and over to us.

“DESTINY!” Paul’s voice echoed through the trees. He ran over to us and hugged me. Sam backed up to give us room. I cried into Paul bare chest as I still sat naked on the ground. “Shh, shh…it’s ok. It’s all over.” He said trying to comfort me. “What happened?” he asked.

“She-she said that I was a mistake. She never wanted me. She tried to ge-get rid of me before I could have been born.” I cried. He tried to calm me down for a few minutes which eventually worked after about thirty minutes. I actually calmed down enough to go into the woods and put some clothes on.

“Uh, we’ll see you all tomorrow.” Paul said as he carried me through the woods back to the house. “Maybe.” He finished. When we got back to the house he sat me on the couch and sat next to me. “How you doing?” he asked, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

“How am I doing? I just found out that I was a mistake, I wasn’t meant to be born, my mom never wanted me, and she tried to kill me…I’m peachy.” I said looking at the wall.

“Don’t believe a word she said Destiny. You were not a mistake, you are far from a mistake.” He said.

“I feel like…my life, my childhood, my teenage years and everything was wasted on wishing, hoping, praying that I would find her someday and we would start all over. Wishing she hadn’t forgotten about me, hoping she would come back and praying she was safe; when really I should have been wishing she had forgotten about me, hoping she moved to the other side of the world and praying she was in danger. Everything I thought…is nothing. I-I thought…I-.“ I closed my eyes and fell into his chest and cried. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and held me until I fell asleep.