Status: Living happily ever after...well as happy as you can get with werewolves and vampires.

Oh Yeah...It's Hot

07. Celebration and Complications

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY DESTINY!!!!” The pack and Kim yelled waking me up. I nearly fell off my bed jumping so high. Yes today is my 19th birthday. I moved my hair out of my face and glared at them. They were standing around my bed with Kim holding a small cake.

“Make a wish.” Kim said moving it toward me. I sighed in frustration.

“Can’t we do this in a few hours?” I asked falling back onto my bed trying to go back to sleep.

“No, come on Teeny. Blow out the candles.” Jared said. Somebody ripped the covers off of me and I groaned.

“Fine.” I said sitting up and blowing them out quickly then laid back down pulling the covers over me again.

“No sleep. We gotta get ready for the party.” Leah said.

“It’s not till tonight. All we need are snacks and music.” I said putting a pillow over my head.

“We need to go get the snack and get the music ready. Come on…get up.” Jake said pulling the blankets off me. Paul picked me up and carried me to the kitchen.

“PAUL ANDREW!! IF YOU DON’T PUT ME DOWN YOU WILL PAY!” I yelled hitting his pack since he threw me over his shoulder.

“Ok.” He said. Then he sat me down in a chair. “Here’s a cup of coffee. Drink it and go get ready.” He said smiling at me as he handed me a cup.

“Fine.” I answered. Birthdays have never been good for me. On my 9th birthday I got a puppy as my present and it died a couple hours later, my 11th birthday I had to get my tonsils removed, my 13th birthday I broke my arm, on my 16th birthday me and my cake were knocked into a pool and last year on my birthday I got stuck on a roller coaster for three hours. I could only imagine what this birthday had in store for me. The pack all went to do whatever while I drank my coffee. “Done.” I said sitting my empty cup on the table.

“Ok go get dressed.” He said.

“I don’t know why everybody is being so bossy for. I’m the birthday girl, I should be telling everybody else what to do. Not the other way around.” I said stomping into my room. I was wearing shorts and a t shirt, so I just changed my shorts into sweat and put tennis shoes on. As soon as I walked out of my room Kim and Leah immediately sent me back into my room. I was really starting to get angry. They probably thought it was all fun and games but I just wanted to chill and sit on the couch all day until the party. I took off my shirt and pants then started to look for something to wear in my underwear and bra. While I looked through my closet for something “decent”, as Leah and Kim put it, to wear Paul came in. “Why is everyone being so bossy?” I asked.

“Because you can’t see your surprise if you look messy.” He said sitting on my bed.

“So I have to impress my surprise?” I asked looking for a shirt.

“She said that you would protest today.” I turned to look at him. His hand was over his mouth.

“SHE? Who’s she?” I asked.

“Nobody.” He said.

“Paul.” I said glaring at him.

“You will find out later.” He said running out of my room. I screamed and finished looking for my clothes.

I walked out into the living room. “Happy?” I asked looking at everyone. They smiled and nodded. I sat on the couch and watched whatever was on TV. About an hour or two later Jake stood up.

“Ok, let’s go.” He said. Everybody stood up and headed for the door except me.

“Wait. Go where?” I asked.

“To get your surprise.” Seth said.

“I’m really starting to hate surprises.” I said getting off the couch. I walked out to Paul’s car and got in while he got in the driver’s seat. Kim, Jared and Quil sat in the back. While we were driving to where ever we were going I was questioning everyone. “Where are we going?” I asked for the millionth time in the last five minutes. The only answer I ever got from Paul was this way or some where. Kim, Jared and Seth weren’t that much help either. Every time I would ask them a question and they didn’t give me the answer I wanted I would glare at them and pout. After about another ten minutes we arrived to Seattle. “Seattle?”

“Yep. We will be there in five minutes.” Paul said smiling at me. I sighed and sat back against the seat and waited. A few minutes later we arrived at the airport. My surprise was someone from out of state. I sat up in the seat and looked out the window. As we drove up to the terminal where people were getting picked up I saw some familiar faces. Before the car could even stop I jumped out of the car with Paul and Kim yelling at me. I ran down the sidewalk and started yelling.

“AAHHH!!! DAD!! NATALIE!! OMG!!” I yelled. I ran up to Natalie and squeezed her in a hug. “OMG I have missed you!” I said.

“I missed you too. Sorry I haven’t called or texted, I have been busy with school, work and my parents. They’ve had me busy twenty-four seven.” She said giving me a hug.

‘Well I am glad you’re here.” I smiled at her. “DADDY!” I squealed giving him a hug. He hugged me back and kissed my head.

“Hey pumpkin. How’ve you been?” he asked.

“Good I guess. Uh where’s Kari?” I asked.

“Provo. Her mom is in the hospital with bronchitis.” He sighed.

“Oh that sucks.” Even though I wasn’t a big fan of Kari I felt sorry for her mom. I heard somebody clear their throat behind me. I turned to see the entire gang standing behind me. I noticed that Emily and Sam were there too. “Oh Dad, Natalie this is Jared and his girlfriend Kim, my best friend Leah and her brother Seth, that’s Quil and Embry, Sam and his fiancé Emily, of course Jake and my boyfriend Paul.” I said looking at my dad whose eyes popped out of his head. Natalie was looking at Paul then me. “Everyone this is my dad Tyler and my ex-step sister Natalie.” I said. Jake and my dad hugged then my dad ruffled his hair.

“You’re getting big Jake. What is that brother of mine feeding you?” my dad asked.

“Actually Destiny had been cooking quite a bit but when she don’t cook Emily cooks.” Jake said.

“Destiny is a good cook isn’t she? Anyway how’s your dad?”

“Uh he’s good. Spends most of his time in front of the TV watching sports or fishing.” Jake said as we loaded into the cars. Natalie was sitting on my lap in the front seat.

“So, how long have the two of you been together?” Natalie asked.

“A month and five days.” Paul answered. I looked at him as he smiled at me. I had never been with a guy that actually counted how long we’d been dating.

“That is so cool. Have you guys…you know?” she asked. Natalie has always been blunt about stuff.

“Nat…that’s don’t concern you.” I said smiling up at her. Her mouth dropped open and smiled. I was signaling that we had done it and she understood. Everybody laughed because they knew we had all because of the stupid being able to read each others thoughts thing. The rest of the drive there she talked to Kim about fashion, clothes, movie stars, etc etc. By the time we got back to La Push my legs were asleep and I couldn’t feel them at all, I had tried several times to shift her or something but it didn’t work. When we got to the house she got out of the car and I tried to. As soon as my feet touch the ground the blood rushed back to my legs and they turned into noodles. I did a face dive for the ground. Just before I hit the ground Paul caught me in his arms. “Thanks babe.” I said pecking him on the lips. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Natalie clap her hands together and smile. I stood up and went into the house to make sure it wasn’t dirty. Uncle Billy was in the living room watching TV when I walked in. “Uncle Billy. Dad’s here.” I said. He turned his chair and looked at me.

“What is your dad doing here?” he asked.

“You didn’t know?” I asked. He shook his head and looked around the house. Luckily it was clean. A second later dad and the gang walked into the small house.

“Billy! How have you been bro?” my dad asked giving his brother a hug.

“Hey little bro. Never been better, just watching the Mets game. How’s Kari?” he asked. That was my cue to leave. I walked into the kitchen and sat at the table; everyone following me.

“So Ray-Ray you have to show me your room.” Nat said looking around.

“Ok, follow me.” I said standing up walking ahead of her to my room. When we got in there the guys tried to come in but I would only let Kim and Leah in. Emily was in the living room with my dad and Billy. Of course the guys pouted and groaned when I closed the door in their faces. Nat was looking around at my small area of a room. It was smaller than my room back in LA but it was perfect for me.

“This is so cute.” She said sitting on my bed. Kim and Leah sat on the floor while I sat in my computer chair. The four of us stayed in my room talking and making jokes for a couple hours. The guys tried several times to spy on us but it didn’t work.

“So how long are you guys staying?” I asked spinning in my chair.

“Only today. My mom said I could only come today because it was for you. Even though I am shocked she let me come at all.” She said.

“Man that sucks. I wish you could stay longer.” I said frowning.

“Yeah I know. Our flight out of here leaves at six.” She said playing with her hair. “What time is it anyways?” She asked.

“Five thirty.” I said looking at my clock.

“Oh shit. We gotta go.” She said. We all got up and walked out into the living room.

“Hey uh where is everyone?” I asked my dad and Uncle Billy.

“They went to town for some stuff for tonight.” Billy said.

“Oh well dad your guys’ flight leaves in thirty minutes.” I said looking at the clock.

“I’ll call a cab.” Billy said. Five minutes later the cab pulled into the drive and we were standing in the yard.

“Text me and call when you land ok?” I said giving Natalie a hug.

“Sure thing.” She said. She got into the cab and closed the door. Then it was just me and my dad.

“I wish you didn’t have to go so soon dad.” I said hugging him.

“I know sweetie, I know but I have to get to work.” He said.

“It was good seeing you even if it was for a few hours.” I replied looking up at him.

“It sure was.” Tears started welling up in my eyes because I knew that as soon as I would let him go that would mean that he is leaving.

“Dad.” I said, my voice breaking a little.

“Yea kiddo?” he responded.

“I don’t want you to go.” I said as a tear slid down my cheek. He sighed but didn’t respond. I could tell that he didn’t wanna go either. Suddenly I got a feeling in the pit of my stomach. A feeling that something was going to happen. “I love you daddy.” I said as another tear slid down my cheek.

“I love you too honey.” He said. We gave each other one last squeeze and a kiss on the cheek. He got into the car and closed the door. Before they pulled out of the drive way the car stopped. Natalie got out of the car and ran over to me.

“We almost forgot.” She said handing me two small boxes. “Happy Birthday D-Ray.” She said giving me a hug then running back to the cab. I waved as they rode down the street and out of view. I looked at the small boxes then walked into my room. I put the boxes on my desk and lay on my bed. As soon as I was on my bed I started crying. Shortly after everyone came back and Paul came to my room.

“Babe, you ok?” he asked closing the door quietly then walking over to me.

“No, I miss them.” I said wiping my face.

“Maybe this wasn’t a good idea for them to come. I just thought that you would like to see them.” He said rubbing my arm.

“I loved seeing them. Thank you.” I said giving him a kiss. We looked at each other for a few minutes. We didn’t talk, just stared.

“Well you better get ready for the party.” He said poking my nose.

“I guess, if I have to.” I said sitting up. I walked to my closet and looked through my party clothes. Paul had already changed so like always he was sitting on my bed watching me try stuff on then take it off then try something else on. People had started to arrive ten minutes after seven. I still tried on several different things. This went on for about an hour till I found the outfit I was going to wear.

“You look smokin’” Paul said watching me from my bed.

“Thanks.” I said fixing my hair. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me and looked in the mirror that I was standing in front of. I placed my hands on his and rubbed then. I looked at him and saw that he was smiling. “Thank you.” I said.

“For what?”

“Everything you have done and hopefully will do for me.” I said. He turned me to face him and looked me in the eyes.

“There is no hopefully to it. I will do anything for you Destiny. I mean it.” He smiled. I couldn’t help but smile back. I gave him a quick peck on the lips and pulled away. “Happy Birthday babe.”

“Thank you. Ok, now let’s go party.” I said grabbing his hand and walking toward the door. Music was already blaring through out the house and onto the yard that surrounded the house. I walked around and obviously someone *cough Leah cough Kim cough* had told everyone that it was my birthday so everyone was wishing me a happy birthday and several people even brought me gifts even though I didn’t know most of them. The guys had gotten snacks and pop earlier today so everybody was enjoying them. I grabbed a glass of Pepsi and continued to talk with everyone. I even danced to a few songs. I was on the dance floor dancing with Quil when I heard a loud commotion coming from the front door. I made my way toward the noise and found that a large group of guys had brought it upon themselves to bring alcohol. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?” I yelled at them over the music.

“NOW IT’S A PARTY!” one of the guys yelled back.

“PAUL!! JAKE!!” I yelled knowing that where ever they were they would hear me.

“WHAT!?” I turned to see them behind me.

“DO YOU NOT SEE WHAT THEY HAVE?” I asked pointing got the guys who were sitting up the kegs.

“OH SWEET!!” Paul said making his way over to it.

“PAUL!” I yelled at him.

“DES, IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE A PARTY. LOOSEN UP!” Jake yelled from beside me. I sighed as he walked away and got a glass of beer. Good thing Billy had left. Back in California I was a party animal. I’m not going to deny the fact that I didn’t drink but this was in my house and I was responsible for everyone. I went over to where the music was being played and turned it down a little bit and grabbed the microphone.

“Ok listen up. You all obviously know that there is alcohol here and if you drove here and plan on drinking then bring your keys to me now. I am not going to be responsible for drunk drivers. You will be able to get the keys back tomorrow.” I said. I put the mic down and turned the music back up. Several people came up to me and gave me their keys. Several who were drinking refused but I threatened to call their parents and they handed them over. When I was sure that I had the keys of the drinkers I started to party. I found Leah and Kim over by the kitchen table doing shot after shot.

“DEST!!! COME DO SOME SHOTS WITH US!” Leah yelled raising a shot glass in the area. I walked over smiling and took it. I put it to my lips and drank it with ease.

“WHOOOH!!” I yelled slamming it down. Paul made me another one and made him one too. Twenty shots later I was on the floor with some kind of mixed drink in my hand grinding on Paul to SWING by SAVAGE. I had already had about twelve mixed drinks, a beer, and a ton of shots so I was feeling pretty good and have a lot of fun. I gulped the last sip of my drink and threw my cup in one of the directions. I turned to face Paul to grind on him face to face. I looked up at him and we were both trashed. He looked so sexy drunk. I crashed my lips to his, as we danced we made out. The make out session was interrupted by some drunken girl bumping into me and knocking me down. This pissed me off for what reason I don’t know. I stood up and shoved her. “WATCH WHERE THE HELL YOU ARE GOING!” I yelled. She turned around to face me.

“WHO THE HELL ARE YOU SHOVING BITCH?” she yelled back poking me in the arm. There is something about the body that allows you to be drunk one minute and then sober and pissed the next. I was completely sober and extremely pissed. She was mad and some what sober now.

“I THINK I’M SHOVING YOU WHORE!” I yelled over the music and shoving her again. She stumbled back but caught herself. When she straightened up she looked at me and ran toward me. She wrapped her hands around my neck and I grabbed her hair. We twisted in circles for a minute until we let go of each other. She raised her hand and slapped me across the face. I punched her in the face and she fell to the ground. I jumped on top of her and started slapping her left and right. Several people tried to get me off of her but I fought against them. I hit her a few more times till she rolled over and got on top of me. She started hitting me and I hit her in the stomach. She fell to the side and I stood up. She stood up a second after I did and we charged at each other. Before I could get to her someone grabbed me around my waist and someone grabbed her. “LET GO OF ME!” I yelled at whoever it was. Who ever it was started dragging me out the front door. “THIS ISN’T OVER!” I yelled at her. I saw the guys following me out of the house with who ever had a hold of me. Once we were about ten feet from the house they let me go and I start shaking. I looked at who had me and saw Sam. *Oh shit* I thought. “Why’d you go and do that?” I asked.

“Because you were about to kill her.” He said.

“No I wasn’t Sam!” I yelled. The guys circled around me as if something were about to happen.

“You might not have killed her but you could have put her in the hospital.” He said.

“You don’t know what I was going to do or what was going to happen. I was just going to kick her ass and make her leave. This aint over hope you all know that. I will see her again and when I do I swear I am going to rip her head off.” I growled my shaking growing more violent. I noticed all the guys tense and take a small step forward. I looked at Paul and he looked like he was about to cry. “What’s with you guys?” I asked.

“You’re changing.” Jake said. I stopped and looked at him. My dad told me that there was the possibility that I would become like them. “Ha ha you’re funny. Now if you all don’t mind I wanna get back to the party.” I said trying to get past them.

“Seriously Destiny. You are changing. Sudden anger is the first sign, and then you get a fever, extreme pain. It’s agony changing.” Sam said.

“Well, that’s…yeah.” I said swallowing.

“You’re going to get through this. We will help you.” Jake said. I nodded and looked down. I had to accept the fact that I was going to be like them shortly. “Let’s get back to the party.” He said. We all nodded and headed back toward the house.

“No more drinking.” Paul, Jake and Sam said to me at the same time.

“Oh come on. That isn’t fair.” I complained.

“Alcohol only makes everything worse.” Sam said.

“Fine.” I sighed and stomped up the stairs. The rest of the night I didn’t have a single drop of alcohol even when I tried to sneak it. I eventually saw the girl I had gotten in a fight with and she was bruised pretty badly. If she looked that bad I wonder how bad I looked. I walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and jumped back. I didn’t have anything. Not a bruise, not a scratch, not even a red mark from the slaps. This wolf thing could come in handy. I walked back out and enjoyed the party till everyone left. Paul was one-hundred percent drunk off his ass when I found him at the kitchen table with the guys. Let me correct myself they were all completely drunk off their asses. Quil, Embry and Jared were passed out with their heads on the table.

“Hey baby.” Paul said in a drunken voice.

“Uh hi.” I said walking up to them. I sighed as I looked at all of them. They had to get to bed but I didn’t want them to sleep on the floor. “Sam.” I called for him.

“Yeah?” he asked walking through the back door.

“Will you help me get these guys home?” I asked. He looked at Jared, Quil, Embry, Seth and laughed.

“Sure.” He said. He picked up Seth and carried him to Jared’s van. Then he came back for the others.

“Where’s Kim and Leah?” I asked.

“Emily gave them a ride home. Well I am gonna get these guys home. See you tomorrow and what ever you do…don’t kill anyone.” He smirked.

“Ha you’re funny. Night.” I said walking him to the front door. I closed and locked it behind him. I had to get Paul and Jake to bed but before I could move Jake he rushed to the trash can and threw up. Perfect. He will be easier to get to bed. When he finished I helped him up. “Come on Jake. Let’s get you to bed.” I said helping him up. I walked him to his room and threw him on his bed. As soon as his head hit the pillow he was snoring. Paul was a little harder. He was a frisky drunk. He kept kissing on me and grabbing my ass and making sexual comments when I tried to get him into my bed. Once he was laying on it I took his shirt and shoes off so he wouldn’t get too hot. “Stupid drunk werewolves.” I muttered to myself. The house was completely trashed but that would have to wait till tomorrow. I stripped out of my clothes and crawled in bed next to Paul and fell asleep.