Status: Active

Runaway

Part 10

Part 10:

I sat there cross legged for a few moments meditating. The room was quiet and I felt the energy pulsating through me. Once it was powerful enough I moved to my knees.
“Uncle Jukka… Are you ready?” I asked.
~Y-s.~ he was starting to go inaudible. I nodded and shut my eyes and began chanting the spell. I chanted the first few lines before heading to the next to chant the same amount of times as the last. My stones began to glow softly, then the light grew bigger and brighter. The scarf began to float just an inch off the floor.
“How in hell is she doing that?” I heard Talvi’s faint whisper.
“I. Don’t… Know…” Linde said in Awe.
“Shh.” Ville quietly motioned. I said the last few lines 2 times, 3 and then the sucking noise began. For a few moments, everything seemed to be in chaos. The old papers on the desk in the corner began to flutter around the room. The old toy airplanes above one of the beds, the propellers spinning crazily. Then finally it was all calm. I chanted the sealing spell. And opened my eyes. I picked up each rock and kissed them twice before placing them back in my bag. I picked up the scarf that seemed new still and put it on. It felt light, and with love. I smiled and took in the scent of who I guessed was my uncle. I sat a moment and though I wasn’t religious, it was always nice to bless the rest of it with a prayer and for the safety of the spirit on it’s travels, wherever they maybe. I stood up and turned to the three that remained in the room.
“We’re done here.” I said. “I think I can finally just let it all go now.”
“What do you mean?” Ville asked.
“Yeah? What he said.” Tal said. I raised a hand.
“Not now, I’ll talk later. I’m tired, and I need to rest.” I said. “Let’s head home.” I was happy to say home. I didn’t leave just yet. I looked at the bed. I flashed the light there. I saw the hat Uncle Jukka was wearing in the vision. I picked it up and put it in my bag. Along with a few of his vests I saw hanging above his bed still. As we were leaving And I was going down the steps. They felt sturdy, but at the same time I was still very out of it. I almost fell over the lack of energy I had. Ville caught me and decided to carry me down. He notice the steps were sturdier then before and so did the others. We walked down with ease and out the door. We all headed back to Ville’s apartment where we all ended up crashing. I ended up with Ville in his room. Mige and Tal in the guest room. Linde took the couch Antti took the chair. And Patka ended up taking the floor which he seemed completely fine with.
That night I slept soundly. No night terrors, or nightmares for that fact. I had a good dream. But for some reason, I still had a fear. A fear of falling TOO fast.

That was all about 2 years ago now. And that house has since burned down by a mysterious fire. It happened two days after we had gone to it. No one knows why or who… Or even how the house burned down. The firefighters think it was because of the old wiring, but the fact no one lived in the house for roughly 20 years or so, they don’t know how to explain it. I didn’t care anymore now. It was something of my past that held me back, and I think some ghosts that haunted me, like my mother and father, finally died. I was a new different person, and more open. I was a proud independent woman.

~`Past: Two Years`~
It was the next day after we visited the house. I woke up with warm arms wrapped around me. I wasn’t really tired. And I took that opportunity to cuddle more into the crook of his neck. He stirred slowly carefully tightening his grip on me. He groaned and turned a little more on his side. He wrapped me almost engulfing me in his arms. I giggled and just nuzzled into his chest where I could hear his heart beating. It was a normal rhythmic pace, but it slowly bumped up. Then out of nowhere Talvi, Mige, and Linde all bolted in the door dog piling on top of Ville and I.
“WAKIE WAKIE!” Talvi yelled on top of everyone. “MIGE AND I ARE MAKING BREAKFAST SO UP UP UP!” she yelled again. Finally everyone was off of us and out the door. Ville groaned and rolled taking me with him.
“Ville!” I giggled. “I have to shower!”
“Mutta en halua nousta ylos.” But I don’t want to get up. He said. I giggled.
“Ikava kuulla, etta, mutta minun taytyy suihjyssa, ja onlen nalkainen.” I’m sorry to hear that, but I need to shower, and I’m hungry. I said my stomach growling. His did too. He finally let his grip of me go and sat up.
“I guess you’re right.” he said. “Go and take your shower.” he was wiping his eyes. I got up and grabbed what was left of the clean clothes from my bag and went to the bathroom to shower.

As I was done and out, I shook my hair out in the towel before hanging it and walking out dressed and refreshed for the day. I went back into Ville’s room to still see him laying in bed. I shut the door behind me and put my dirty clothes back in my bag and sighed. I needed to do laundry. I turned back to Ville who still hadn’t moved. I went over to him and gently shook him.
“Hrmmm.” he groaned.
“Hey, no groaning at me.” I said.
“Can I please sleep in?” he asked.
“I would let you but, Talvi would come back in here and just hit you with a spatula.” I said.
“Alright I’m up. I’m up.” he groaned and sat up. He was shirtless and his hair was everywhere. I giggled and moved the hair out of his face.
“You can go take a shower now. I’m done with the bathroom.” I said moving the hair behind his ears. I saw he was looking to me. And once my eyes met his, the connection struck. Everything felt like it was moving slowly. My breathing, and his. Our eyes blinking. His seemed to have gotten darker from how it looked. Then there was a knocking at the door.
“Are you guys dressed!?” Mige yelled. It broke us from the gaze. I stood up and opened the door.
“Yes and he still needs to shower so shoo!” I said walking out and closing the door behind me. But before I could…
“Hey Julie…” Ville called. I turned. “I’m doing laundry today, if you want I can put in what you have dirty in my load.” I nodded.
“That would be sweet Ville.” I smiled. “Kiitos paljon.” Thank you so much. I said. He smiled and nodded and I gently shut the door. I went out into the living room where I saw Linde, Antti, and Patka eating breakfast. It smelled good to.
“Oh! Just in time!” Mige called. “Did Ville get in the shower yet?” He passed me my plate. And as he asked Ville walked out of his room topless, yawning, and scratching his ass headed to the bathroom.
“I guess that answered your question.” I giggled. He giggled too and let Tal know how long Ville would be. I sat down on the loveseat and ate while watching the news. They were going on about a petty store robbery that was near Antti’s house. Antti and the store owner were good friends as he told us. Then it went on to things that happened in the past week, then the weather. Ville emerged from the bathroom wearing only pants still and wrung out his hair with his towel tossing it over his shoulder. And as he walked out into the living room Mige appeared with his plate and handed it to him. Tal came out with Mige’s plate as well as hers. They sat down and we all were eating. Ville was sitting next to me, Antti, Linde and Patka on the couch and Tal in the chair and Mige on the floor.
Ville seemed to get bored with the TV and it looked like he was deep in thought about something. He reached for the remote and turned the TV off.
“Ville I was watching that.” Patka said.
“Sorry, but, I’m bored of it… Also… Julie…” He looked to me. Everyone did. They looked between us wondering what Ville was going to say.
“I was wondering, would you finally tell us about what you meant last night.” he said. I looked to him. I was almost done my food, I took one more bite then set my plate down. I grabbed my glass and took a good gulp before speaking.
“About what I meant last night, how I can finally just leave it all, let everything go. I meant that, I don’t have to fear.” I said. He looked to me and so did Tal. Everyone was confused. Tal knew what was coming.
“Julie, are you really able to talk about this now?” she asked. I nodded. A grin crept onto my lips.
“As you heard the disembodied spirit of my uncle say, I ran away because of an arranged marriage. But there was also more to it. My mum, she liked to pretend she was a ‘model’. My father, to his coworkers he was an all around kind of guy, showed up early to work, last to leave. Thought he had the family of dreams. Well that front, he always put up was a lie. My mom would take some of his money and go out and party with people thinking she was a superstar. She posed for lowlifes and barely got paid a dime. She stole from people, shoplifted from places. She thought she was having the time of her life. Then she had me. I ruined her life as she told me. And yet she would steal and go out and do whatever. My father had enough of it. He always beat me when he had gotten enough of her.
“They always ended up ganging up on me. Blaming me for their problems. Then one day a family moved in a few houses down. I was 9 at the time. I used to walk to the park by myself and swing on a swing, till one day a boy named Steven came up to me. He was my first best friend. My first kiss. Me and him did everything together. Then about 3 years later Talvi came to live with Steven and his family for an exchange program. I was jealous of her at first but, I warmed up to her. She was like Steven and I. She knew Steve and I liked each other. Well she lived with the family for 2 years. During that time, my father knew about how Steven and I liked each other. And he despised the fact of it.
“So, he arranged a marriage between me and a coworkers son. I didn’t know till after Steven died. And that day was devastating for me. I went over to see him and Tal and go to the park. But Tal was crying and his father, he was just torn. I knew somehow. So I just began to bawl my eyes out. Two nights after his death I found out. Talvi was there for another year and then she had to leave me. Last year, we planned for me to get out of there. I got money from a stash my mother hid. I packed my bags in the late of night, caught a bus in the early hours and made it to a nearby airport. I had just enough to get here. And now I’m here.” I stopped finally.
“Now what I meant about everything… Letting it go, I meant that I could let that past fade, with the exception of Steven. I- I just can’t let him fade.” I shook my head. I remembered when Tal told me what he said.
“I remember still… What he told me.” Tal said. Everyone looked at her. “One day, I’ll marry her. One day, she will be mine.” she stopped a moment. “And when that day comes, she will forever be mine, I will protect her, take her away from that horrible family, I will love her, and take care of her, treat her like a queen, till the day I die.” she finished. I smiled at that. I could imagine him saying it. I had a tear down my face. Ville’s hand gently lifting my face to look at him. He then cupped my cheek and wiped those tears away.
“Now, you have us. And we’re here to protect you if anything happens. I promise you, I’ll be here no matter what.” he said. I smiled.
“Kiitos paljon Ville. Everyone.” I hugged him and everyone joined in the group hug.

That was the beginning of my new day. The next night, mysteriously, the old family Varpunen house burnt down. No one was sure on how, or why it started. I felt it was because of the freeing of souls that were stuck there. That it was burning down for a new beginning. I was happy and felt even more relieved.

~`Present`~

I was sitting at work with Ville who was about to leave early to go to the club to perform. I told him I’d close up shop so he could make it in time.
“Thank you so much Julie! I wish you were able to come see us perform!” he said ecstatic. I smiled to him.
“As much as I want to, but no one else is going to come in at this time. Just have Talvi record it for me!” I said. He nodded.
“Won’t be the same without the number one fan.” he teased. I shook my head. “Again thanks again!” he kissed my cheek. And he was out the door. I blushed madly touching the spot he had pecked. I couldn’t deny it anymore, after really getting to know him these past two years, I had an attraction, but not only that. I fell for him. There were some times where we had some ‘close calls’ but thankfully Mige, or Linde, and Talvi were there to prevent anything.
Talvi and Mige have been together a little over a year now. And I hear about EVERYTHING that happens between them. From their first date, to when they had sex and petty disagreements. Talvi knew I had a crush on Ville, but she also knew how shy I was about it.
I was sitting there thinking of all the times we’d had our close calls, and the few times we’d actually kissed. Of course I would never let it go any farther. I didn’t know Kari was back till he came out.
“Hey, where’s Ville?” he asked.
“Oh he had a show and needed to leave early. So I told him I’d close up. Why are you here pop?” I asked. Since I’ve met Kari he was like a father to me. He took me as one of his own. I always thanked him for that. So since then he told me to call him dad. So I did.
“I’d thought I’d close up shop today. You and Ville have been working so hard lately I thought why not give you guys a break. You’ve been working for a week straight now without a break. I’m giving you guys the next few days off.” he said. I hugged him
“Thanks isa!” Dad. I said. He kissed the top of my head and grabbed my bag for me.
“Now if I’m right, the shows not starting for another 10 minuets. I think you’ll make it.” he smiled. I smiled back.
“Rakas sinua isa.” Love you dad. I said.
“Rakastan sinua kulta.” Love you too sweetie. He said. And I rushed out the door. I was 19 now, and Ville is 21. Talvi and Linde are also 21. Mige now 23. Antto and Patka are also 21 now. I made it to Tavastia meeting Antti the guard. He let me in knowing I was with Ville and the guys. I saw Roudi and he told me to go on back. I went to the back where the other guard that I also knew was standing. He jokingly stood there like I needed a pass when he clearly heard Roudi.
“Mikael!” I said loudly. He stood there. “I’ll kick you again.” he laughed.
“Alright, alright go in.” he moved. I laughed patting his shoulder as I walked through. Everyone was sitting around as usual drinks in hand. Ville who was standing turned and saw me.
“JULIE!” he seemed ecstatic. “Did dad stop by the shop?” I nodded.
“Yeah he said that we also got the next few days off too.” I said. He seemed stoked about that. Finally the band that was performing left the stage.
“They’re all yours.” the singer said in a dick tone.
“Anymore air in your head and you might explode.” I said.
“What the fuck is that supposed to mean.” he said.
“It means keep your cocky comments to yourself. You aren’t as cool as you think.” Talvi said.
“Oh yeahh, suree.” he kept going.
“Why don’t you girls dump these wannabes and come party with real rock stars.” their guitarist tried. I laughed.
“Was it just me or did half of those notes sound like shit when you played? At least Linde can keep rhythm.” I said.
“Now, now, everyone let’s just calm it all. Let the Shitty band think what they want. But as soon as His Infernal Majesty hit’s the stage. We’ll see who’s real Rock Stars.” Mige said. And we all headed for the stage. The announcer called from the stage,
“And here’s the next band.. HIS INFERNAL MAJESTY!” And we all walked out. I sat by the drums while Talvi sat on Mige’s Amp. The first song played was Your Sweet 666. It went off into Wicked game, then Billy Idols Rebel Yell. Then (Don’t Fear) The Reaper was next.
“I’m going to need a hand for this next one.” Ville announced. All of the girls in the crowed cooed and wished it was them. Ville turned to me. “Julie, if you will.” He smiled. I grinned and got up. I was handed another microphone by the stage crew and the music began. We sang the song in unison. The crowed went wild. Most of the guys in the crowed cooed and howled over me. Most of the girls got jealous. We sang to the end of the song , of course ending it with our lips almost touching. My heart always skipped a beat wanting to kiss him. But I knew it was only for show. And I knew it would stay that way. The song ended and Ville kissed my cheek calling the crowed for a round of applause for me.
I blushed and called out “KIITOS!” and took my seat in front of the drums. The next few songs went by and every time he would look back occasionally to look at me or the band. Their set ended and we headed backstage to see the other guys. They looked on at us in anger hearing the crowed call for an encore. But of course we couldn’t. The band that was playing next showed up just a few minuets before going on. Ville and the guys decided to head out to the bar and maybe on home.
“Great show guys!” Roudi called. “That band before you, I still don’t understand why they try and compete. They’ve got nothing on you.” he said. We laughed.
“Yeah, you got that right. Little bastard back there kept going like he had a big dick or something.” Antti said. I laughed.
“Nahh I think Shorty back there just has Bi-polar disorder… It comes with most short people.” Mige made a point. Talvi giggled.
“So you two a couple or what?” Roudi asked after shaking the comments Mige and Antti were throwing. Tal coughed on her drink and thankfully the bars fluorescent lights were on. I blushed and so did Ville.
“Oh well-.” Ville was starting.
“No!” I called. Everyone looked at me. “We aren’t.” I said simply. I knew it would never happen. I mean, how could it happen.
“Awe, you aren’t?” Roudi asked sad. “You guys would make such a cute couple!” I blushed more.
“Awe is Julie and Ville bl-abded.” I covered her mouth.
“No what was she about to say.” Mige asked.
“Nothing, right?” I gave her a look.
“Nope.” Tal grinned. I sighed. “Even though that one time…” I pretended to check the time and coughed to catch her.
“Oh ahem, just look at the time, Tal shouldn’t we be heading home?” I asked.
“Awe but it’s early.” she called as I grabbed her and went straight for the door. As soon as we were outside I almost went off.
“What have I told you about that!?” I asked yelling.
“Sorry, you know I forget these things.” she said. I sighed and smacked my face.
“Too much lately. You know as well as I do, he’d never be interested.” I said hating that I did.
“Well, well, I guess you’ll just have to wait till tomorrow then.” She said and started skipping. I looked at her and ran in front of her.
“And what’s that supposed to mean?” I asked stopping her.
“I promised to keep it a secret!” She placed a finger to her lips and put her arm on my shoulder. “You’ll just have to wait!”
“No, I want to know now!” I called out being stubborn.
“Ohhh so stubborn as usual… Well too bad!” and she started to run. I chased after her.
“HEY! WAIT UP!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright here is part 10.
Sorry for the late update, I've been sort of in a rut with writers block and massive insomnia isn't really helping.
Part 11 will be up whenever.
Please leave some comments and reviews of some sort..
I might get out of that rut with some help.

Thanks guys :3

~NN