Sequel: Innocent
Status: Done!

I'd Lie

Chapter 3

Image

"Mom! Does Alex have to go!?" It's no fair if I have to go and he doesn't.

Alex responded instead. "Yeah! Joe and I have to finish our game!"

Knowing them, they probably made a stupid bet or something instead of playing a game. "Whatever!"

I hopped in the shower, hoping that it would soothe my tensed muscles.

About 15 minutes went by and I got out of the shower. I put on my black soffe shorts and olive green tank top. Covering my hands in the creamy frizz-ease gel, I flipping my head upside down so my (now curly) red hair could flow. I just started putting the gel in my hair when Alex yelled for me.

"Maddie! Hutch called me and said that he'd be here in 20 minutes!"

"Okay! Thanks!"

I turned on the red drier and started blow-drying my hair. Yeah, I know. Me blow-dry? Not usually, but I do so my hair isn't curly. I started walking to my room to wait for Hutch. I hit my 'sleep' button on my alarm clock, letting the sweet sound of Little Big Town come out, and lied down on my bed. Ugh! I can't believe Hutch has to leave in a month. Why!? All of a sudden, Alex barged in.

"Hey, I gotta tell you something."

"What?" I said somewhat annoyed by the burst.

"Hutch and you are on the E! News again."

I sighed. The news didn't shock me. "What was it this time?"

"Another one of your dates down to the beach."

"Oh! Such joy!" Total sarcasm.

"They got a picture of you laying on the blanket."

And here came the awkward question that had to be asked. "With my head on his chest?"

"With your head on his chest." Wow. He didn't seem discouraged by the question, as was I.

"Are you serious!? They have to go that low!" I was sick and tired of the stupid cameras.

"Yeah, I know. Sorry," he said.

"It's not your fault." I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah. Stupid E! News," he laughed and left.

Hutch and I have been on E! News over and over again. I don't see why. I'm not important.
My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at my door.
♠ ♠ ♠
READ OTHER CHAPTERS AND SUMMARY/INTRODUCTION BEFORE THIS!!!!!!!