For You

Jordan

August 2, 2011
3:50 AM
Location: Old Peterborough Hospital, Peterborough, Ontario
Jordan

“What do you mean, we’re getting the hell out of here?”

She asks as I throw the rope over my head. I roll my wrists back and fourth, as I scan the room. I then get up and throw the chair to the side as I bend down untie Azalia from the chair. “Azalia, we are going home, now,” I tell her as I throw the rope that was around her wrists to the side before I try to untie the other rope.

“Do you even have a plan Staalsy?” She asks.
“Not at the moment, but I will think of something.”
“I sure hope you do.”
“Hey, I got this.”

I untie the other rope and throw it to the side as well. I watch her push the chair over the side as her silhouette lunges toward me. The next thing I knew I was holding her and she was gripping for my shirt. I run my hand through her hair and rest my other hand on the small of her back. “I’m so sorry Jordan. I’m sorry,” she whispers.

“Don’t be sorry, I’m here now, we’re going to go home.”

She pulls away and brings her face to mine. Even in the dark I can still see the outline of her face, as she’s looking back at me. I can feel her breathe, as her cool breath hits my face. We’re not saying anything, it’s as if the silence is speaking for us. “I feel safe,” she says.

“Why?”
“Because I know your not going let anything happen to me.”
“You’re damn right about that. Let’s go,” I begin before pulling out my phone.
“What are you doing?”
“Telling Eric to come with the cops.”
“We’re dead if that’s the case.”
“Me, yes. You, no, now lets go.”
“Jordan—“

She stops talking as she grabs onto my shoulder. I turn my face back to her as I watch her arm grab the side of her stomach. She’s in pain again, and I think this time the pain was worse than before. “Are you alright?” I ask her but she doesn’t say anything. “Azalia, talk to me.”

“Jordan, it hurts.”
“What hurts?”
“My side.”
“Put your arms around my neck.”

She does what she’s told and within seconds I’m carrying her bridal style out of the room. I kick open the door as she buries her head into my chest while whimpering, which is not normal because Azalia usually had a high tolerence for pain, but tonight she didn’t and she was’nt afraid to show it. “Staalsy, can we go to the hospital?”

“Oh believe me, I’m driving you straight there now,” I quietly tell her.
“I have never been in this much pain in my life,” she whispers to me. “And you should probably get your forehead looked at, you may need stitches.”
“My forehead is fine, don’t worry…”

I stop dead in my tracks as I’m standing face to face with Spencer. I feel Azalia’s head lift away from my chest as she stares at what I’m staring at. It was at that given moment when Azalia’s grip on my shirt grew tighter and I knew this was going to be the final battle. “Jordy,” she begins.

“Well, well, well…” Spencer begins.
“It’s okay Azalia, I’ll take care of this, but I’m going to have to put you down, okay?”
“Okay.”

I set her down as she brings her knees into her chest. She’s looking at me, as if she has a bad feeling about this. “We’re going to get out of here, I promise,” I tell her as she nods. I then turn my head toward Spencer and I begin to walk over to him, clenching my fists and wishing I had that handgun on me.

“What do you want Spencer?” I yell at him.
“Just you,” he smiles deviously.
“Well, let’s go then.”

The next thing I knew I was running toward Spencer and lunged myself at him as I heard Azalia yell for my name. I was on top on him now, punching him as he threw me over onto my back and began punching me. “Ready to die in front of her tonight?” He yells loud and clear for her to hear.

“I’ve been ready since day one Spencer.”

I kick him and get on my feet, with him doing the same before he came running toward me. The next thing I knew was that I was pinned against the wall and he got me really good in the balls. I throw my fist but I feel something get me over by my shoulder. “Holy shit!” I yell as the pain becomes excruciating.

“JORDAN!” I hear Azalia yell as I look down to see blood seeping through my shirt.
The fucker stabbed me.

I push Spencer as he throws me to the ground. I get back on my feet before he pushes me again. That’s when I saw it, and I didn’t believe what I saw. Azalia was on top of him, trying to reach for the knife. “HURT HIM AGAIN I DARE YOU!” She’s yelling.

I knew I loved her for a reason and she knew how to fight for the people she loved.

I watch the knife fly out of his hands one way as Azalia went the other way, with her back hitting the wall. “LIA!” I yell, beginning to run toward her, but something stopped me. A popping noise and a hit to my shoulder stopped me.

“JORDAN!”

I’m on my knees now, grabbing my shoulder as I fall to my side. This wasn’t happening, I didn’t just get shot. I open my eyes to see a gun at my forehead. I keep breathing as I tell myself that I’m okay, that I didn’t get shot, he only stabbed me. “I really didn’t think you’d come for her, nor did I think you’d try to fight me just now, but man Staal did you prove me wrong. Now, you really will die for her.”

“Do not fucking touch her.”
“Or what? You’ll be dead.”
“Not until I kill you first.”

A final rush of adrenaline rushed through me as I kicked Spencer in the balls. I watched him go flying as I reached for the knife that was on the floor. I began running at him as I heard another pop hit me, but I was still running at him, and I let him have it as I reached him. I heard a scream as I pulled the knife out of his chest and stuck it in him. I pull the knife out and stick it back in one last time as I watch him fall to his death.

I killed two people in a twelve-hour time span, yet I was slowly dying.

I then fell to my knees and on to my back. My vision was going in and out now. I began to breathe, as I told myself whatever happens, I was probably not going to go to hell. “Jordan,” I hear Azalia yell as she reaches me.

I turn my head toward hers, as her face was covered in mascara-drenched tears. Her eyes were blood-shot from all the crying she had done in the past twelve hours. She’s squeezing my hand now with one hand, while her other hand was over my one gunshot wound. “You…you are so beautiful Lia.”

“Jordan, why’d you do that?”
“They say before you start a war, you better know what you’re fighting for…”
“Angel with a shot gun,” she says in a fit of tears.
“Your favorite song…you were what I was fighting for, that’s why I did that.”
“Jordy, I’m going to call Eric and have him bring an ambulance.”
“Don’t.”
“What?”

It was at that moment my vision was going in and out. I knew I was dying, and I wasn’t going to deny it to myself or to her. I knew what I did was what I wanted and that I was okay with that decision. “I’m not going to make it through this Lia, I know it.”

“Jordan, don’t talk like that, you’re going to be okay.”
“Listen to me Azalia…I’m always going to watch over you, okay?”
“Jordan, stop talking like that, you’re going to be okay. I’m getting you an ambulance.”
“Azalia, just know that it’s okay to move on, it’s okay to fall in love with someone who isn’t me. You’re a beautiful girl; any guy is lucky to have you…I’m going to watch over you so you find the person who will love you just as much as I do. Just know…know that when you’re down, upset, not feeling right, think of me, and I’ll be there for you…even if you can’t see me.”
“Jordan…”
“You’re going to be okay…my family and your family is there for you. Just remember you were what I fought for, you’re the reason I became the person I am this past year, and I can’t thank you enough for that.”
“Jordan…don’t leave me, please don’t leave me.”

I feel my breathing become short as my free hand is wiping the tears away from Azalia’s face. My final breath felt like it was coming. My vision was really short now and I began to see flashing lights. “Jordan…please, don’t leave me.”

“I’m not leaving you mentally Azalia, remember that.”
“Jordan I need you…don’t leave me.”
“Azalia Stefania Mariani, I love you, I’ve always loved you, and I always will…you were truly the love of my life…never forget that.”

And just like that, my vision went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Musical Inspiration -- The Cab -- Angel With A Shot Gun

this chapters short and there is a big cliff hanger...but the rest of the story is coming this winter break. and a far warning, the chapters are going to be a little more depressing. So what do you all think -- is Jordan dead or will he pull through?

Feed back is always welcomed!