Status: new =D

Enthusiast

Chapter 7

“Wait!” I heard someone call after me. I didn’t turn, already knowing who it would be. Almost instantaneously, the strange blue eyed boy materialized at my side, matching my gait. “Can I at least walk you to class?” He asked innocently, sounding hopeful. As much as every part of me was screaming YES! the rational part of me kept saying NO. And I decided to be rational for once in my life.

“No thanks, I think I’ll manage.” I answered him, sounding much ruder than I intended as I tried to quicken my stride and get away from him. However, he just quickened his and managed to keep up with me as I trudged up the stairs.

“Hey, you never know what can happen. It’s high school. Nobody’s ever safe here. Just let me walk you.” My, he’s a persistent one, isn’t he?

I sighed audibly, and saw him smirk out of the corner of my eye. “Well, we’re practically there already, so I guess there’s no point in getting rid of you now.” His smirk widened as he pushed opened the staircase doors.

“That’s the spirit, Ariella!” I stopped in my tracks. What the –

“I don’t recall telling you my name.” I whispered, staring up at him. Like yesterday, the halls were emptying around us, except now I wasn’t mesmerized – I was freaked. I never told him my name. I barely spoke to him. I didn’t know his name. So how does he know me?

“Umm – Lucas told me about you! Yeah, he, um, told me you were his step sister! Oh, look at the time, I better get to class. See you later!” With one last wave, he disappeared down the hall and around a corner. Wow. His personality was way different than I expected it to be. He has the whole “bad boy” look, but he acts like he’s a bit gay. Weird.

Oh, dang, way off topic. Focus, Ella! He’s lying! Lucas doesn’t talk about you! No one talks about you! You’re not even deemed worthy enough to have embarrassing rumors started about! My thoughts kept overlapping each other as I pushed my way into my AP Chemistry classroom and dazedly sat in my seat.

The teacher began as soon as the bell rang, as he did every day, and I was just vaguely paying attention as he spoke of the properties of gasses. Fortunately, Mr. Bender pulled down the screen and turned on the overhead projector, signaling it was movie time. I laid my head on my arms and stared blankly, still lost in thought about the blue eyed boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments anyone? ;)