Status: ?

Double Life.

Late Impressions.

I stared back at myself in the mirror, a soft smile spread across my face as I liked the reflection shining back at me. I wore a pink and purple floral tank top, a light gray quarter sleeved cardigan which was unbuttoned, a dark black pair of cotton shorts which weren't short but weren't long in length, and on my feet were my favorite pair of black stilettos. I ran my hair through my straightened brown hair, fluffing my bangs and fixing them so they looked right. I only wore light make up as usual and waited for him to arrive.
The minutes passed by slowly. I glanced down at the watch Matt had bought me a couple months earlier. The black linking chained designer watch had to be close to a grand, something I never pictured myself ever buying since I barely had any great amount of money; It read 6:32pm. "Better get going" I mumbled reminding myself of our dinner date which was to start in less than thirty minutes. I grabbed my black leather bag and my keys before locking up my house and leaving for the night.
I got into my mediocre car. Just your average Honda Civic, two door, black inside and out. I pulled out of my apartment buildings parking lot and out onto the road which led me towards the richer, more exciting part of town.

"Matt do you really think I need to eat here?" I asked aloud pulling into the parking lot to one of the most expensive restaurants in town. He brought me here every not on a regular basis but more often than I'd usual have come when we weren't together. In fact the only time I ever ate here was when he set a date up. I parked my car among the other more fancier vehicles. Land Rovers, Hummers, SUV's and Sports cars filled the lot. I felt slightly wrong being here but pulled myself out of the car pushing those thoughts aside.
I walked into the slowly running restaurant. There was only a couple in front of me dressed in expensive clothes and jewelry which made me yet again feel out of place. "You better be here..." I hissed looking around noticing the baby faced businessman not yet in my sight.
"Miss, Hello may I help you?" I turned to the girl standing behind the main desk. "I have a reservation, under... Sanders" I spoke turning my attention to the blond. She typed in the name and then frowned. "No one under that name has a private table" she spoke. My eyebrows furrowed. "Um, alright, how about Matt" I spoke. He surely wouldn't have just used his first name but why not try. "Nope I'm sorry" she spoke. I frowned. What the hell would he have used. "Well is he here, tall, built, lip ring?" I described him. She shook her head motionlessly. "Damnit! Then I'm not sure" I frowned. "Do you have a name?" I turned noticing another girl approach us. "Emily" I slowly spoke. "OH! Denise its her!" the dark blond nudged the other. "Oh" she spoke her eyes widening. "I'm so sorry I didn't know you were with... well then, please follow me" "Um, ok..."
I followed her as we walked through the dining people, some giving me odd looks, others glared with improvement. I just ignored them the best I could and followed the girl who led me into a private area. Very few where in here, candles lit the dark space and I was soon set up in a corner in the back. "Thanks" I whispered feeling if I talked normally I'd disturb the peace. She nodded before walking back out. It came clear to me that Matt had yet to arrive so sitting and waiting was all I was left to do.
He wasn't usually that late for events like this. He was a business man, a very rich one at that. Whatever his job exactly was, he sure must have been good at it. He owned all very nice things, cars, a giant and lovely home which I was very sure he was trying to urge me to move into with him... He gave me all the best of things which I knew I didn't necessarily need but still got, but something which made him more off than your usual business man was he was covered in tattoos.

As I played with my silverware a hefty thud was soon in front of me. I looked up to meet with his hazel eyes. A quick smile spread across his face. I glanced at my watch and noticed it was quarter after 7. "I know, I know I'm sorry I know I'm late" he added. I watched as he sheepishly hid behind the menu which was soon blocking him. "Uh huh" I rolled my eyes pretending to me mad. He sighed and then dropped the menu finished with it. "Have you ordered?" he asked. I shook my head. "No ones been around" and just as I said that a girl appeared a smile on her face. Matt reacted faster than how I imaged it to be. "Have we decided what we are having tonight?" she asked. "I don't know, I just arrived here yet no one has even been around to ask for drinks even when my girlfriend has been sitting here since seven!" he threw the young waitress a nasty look. She looked to him terrified. "I...We're...I...." she was lost for words and turned to me with a tear threatening glance. "I wasn't aware of anyone being here until I saw you sit down, I-I'm so sorry" she almost mouthed. "I was late but I at least expected my lady to have been treated better than this! I pay good money to eat here and I expect the best. I'm not impressed at all by this" He sneered a scowl spread clear across his face. I frowned seeing him like this. He wasn't usually this mean to anyone I was aware of. "I'll have the chicken" he hissed shoving the menu at the girl. She took it and then turned to me. "Um, the same please" I softly spoke. She nodded quickly biting her bottom lip. "A-And to drink-k" she whispered. "Your best wine" Matt darkly spoke shooting her a look she froze and then nodded again before rushing off. He sighed heavily and balled up his hands into fists. "There was no need of that" he hissed. "I know" I frowned. He looked up to me as I glared at him. His mood changed as he looked at me. "You are seriously mad at me because- "Yeah, yeah Matt I kind of am, there was NO need in that" I snapped and looked away. Silences fell between us until he broke it. "So how was your day?" he asked as our wine arrived by a man in a black and white suite. Matt nodded to him right before he left before taking over and pouring me a glass. He watched me as I replied sourly. "Fine, I suppose" I sipped it giving him a look. "Emily, please. I just want tonight to be...relaxing, its been a tough week" he softened up right away. I sipped a bit more before setting down my glass. "Fine" I barely spoke. He held out his hand and I looked at it for a moment before placing mine in his. "So, really, how was my girl today?" "Fine, I talked to my mother and she's still talking about my sisters wedding..." I sighed. He smiled really listening in to my blabbing. "Anyways, my day couldn't have been as exciting as yours" I smiled changing the subject off of me. He made a grim face. "Oh mine was usual, hung around and did some paper work, got a few calls, a meeting, dealing with employees" he shrugged. I rolled my eyes. "Your job must be more exciting than that Mattie, with the money you make it can't just be that boring" I added as our food arrived. "Its really nothing Em" he spoke. I nodded. He never said much about his job, his life or anything when it came to me asking...