‹ Prequel: York and Mori

Zee and Todd

Chapter 8 - Todd

Thankfully, when Carter had flung the three of them out of the building and into the water, he hadn’t thrown them that far. As Todd walked out of the water and onto the shore, he realized that there were only a few hundred yards from the hotel. They collapsed on the sand trying to catch their breaths before they went to try and find their families.

“Mom! Dad!” Ben yelled as Todd and Zee turned to where Ben was looking and saw their whole family, minus Jack, coming towards them.

“What are you two doing soaking wet? You’re still in your clothes.” Their mom said as rushed to them and wrapped a towel around Ben.

“Todd and Zee took me to this strange place where no one was and found this old dentists office. Then there was a secret passage and we saw some guy named Carter yelling at some guy.” By then, the whole family had gone ghost white and instantly turned to stare at Todd and Zee.

“Wait, Carter? As in Sir Carter?” York asked as he shared a look with his sister. “We need to go talk about this.”

As if on cue, Olivia raised her hand in the air just as a gust of wind surrounded them and then the world got blurry. Todd felt his stomach drop as if he was on a rollercoaster and then next thing he knew everything suddenly stopped. When he opened his eyes again, he gasped as he saw that they were in his grandparent’s hotel room.

“What just happened?” Ben asked breaking the silence. Todd just sighed as he sat on the couch and leaned back. Zee sat next to him as York tried to calm his younger son down as everyone else got comfortable.

“Ok Zee and Todd, care to explain more about what exactly happened?” Mo asked as she gave one of her famous stern look and crossed her arms.

“It’s like Ben said, we found this abandoned dentists office and happened to find a random secret passage way and followed it. At first it seemed really cool, it was dark and seemed endless but when we actually found the end there was Carter with some other guy.” Todd said.

“What were the two guys saying?” York asked as Zee shared a quick look with Todd before she began to explain.

Their whole family was totally silent as Zee explained and Todd added a few little things here and there. Once they finished, Todd noticed that everyone’s faces were even whiter than before. The only one who had a different expression was Ben who always wore his heart on his sleeve. His face showed how scared and confused he was and almost seemed like he was going to pass out.

“So after 25 years, Carter shows his face again and is threatening to make the world his perfect utopia again.” Olivia sighed as she put her head in her hands. “Why did I ever have feelings for that man?”

“Wait, you had feelings for him grandma?” Ben asked and Todd could just imagine all the questions brewing up in the boys mind.

“Once upon a time I did, 100 years ago things were different. He was charming, handsome, smart, and funny, everything a girl would fall for. I certainly did. We went to the same high school together and met our freshmen year. After a few months, we started dating and feel in love. After we graduated, we went to the same college and after the first few months of college, he proposed. I of course said yes, I was so head over heels for him that I wouldn’t have even thought of any other answer.”

“We married a year and a half later while we were both in the beginning of our junior year of college. We were both studying business with the dream of opening up a school together. Then I got pregnant. Everything was great and the pregnancy went well, I had a beautiful baby girl. We graduated and then started the preparations to open up our school. By the time we were in the middle of getting everything ready, I got pregnant again.”

“He didn’t know at the time and I was about to tell him one night when I overheard him talking to one of his friends. He was saying something about how the school would be perfect to start his studies about turning the world to its former glory. When I asked him about it a few days later, he told me about it. When I realized what he was trying to do, I was against it and told him. He suddenly got angry, angrier than I had ever seen him before.”

“As the weeks went on, I saw him start to pull away and he got angry at every little thing. I never did tell him about the child I was carrying and lived everyday becoming more fearful for my one year old daughter and unborn baby. I didn’t want my children to live in fear like I was, I wanted to give them a good life. So I packed up a few clothes for my daughter and I and decided to leave before I would start showing that I was pregnant. By then I was about three months along so it wouldn’t be long before he knew.”

“When he realized I left, he got even angrier. He found us easily but I fought him off telling him never to come near us again but he swore revenge. I ran away thinking I would never see him again which turned out to be wrong. I had the baby which turned out to be another beautiful girl. I settled down in another town and got remarried raising my girls with the man. They both knew that he wasn’t their real father but they treated him as such. Thankfully, my oldest girl never even remembered her real father so everything was good.”

“Then I became headmaster of the high school, and to my surprise, I found Carter as one of the board members. Thankfully nothing happened at first and he left me and my family alone. Then he started to help me with the Gemini project and I thought that he had changed for the good. But months later I realized he didn’t. We were just about to start the research with Jesse and Quinn when the machine exploded and I turned into a cat. Then everything else you all know.”

“Wait your daughters,” York said as he looked from Olivia to his wife. Gretta sighed and nodded. “Carter is your father, and you were born almost 100 years ago?”

“Well yes, I have the same powers as my parents do. I don’t age quickly either so when I look like I’m in my 40’s when I’m actually 100. But I’ve advanced my ageing to match that of a human so that we’ll be the same.” Gretta explained.

“So you’re just as powerful as Carter and your mother?” York asked as she shrugged and nodded.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, I thought it didn’t matter.”

“It doesn’t but I’m just shocked. I didn’t see that one coming.”

“So what are we going to do about Carter!?” Mo asked pulling everyone back to the matter at hand.

“What can we do? We don’t know where he is, we don’t know where his lab is, and we don’t have any idea what he looks like. It’s been 25 years, and especially for someone who has magical powers, he could look like anyone.” Quinn replied as the door opened and Jack walked in.

“Whoa what’s with the family gathering?” Jack asked as he set his bag down and sat next to Todd on the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter is basically Olivia unleashed, it's litterally her whole background and that of her daughters too. Every single word written in this chapter seemed to spill out of me and just kept coming until I felt I had to end it since it was already about three pages long.

So enjoy! =}