Dark Come Soon

A Kiss

Ramona clapped cheerfully for Alexandra as she got sorted into Ravenclaw. She had a tiny bit of hope she would get into Slytherin because she could really use an ally, but it was better if she went to another house. After the sorting, the feast began and it meant that she could leave her house table. She immediately went to join Alexandra and gave her a hug. She sat down next to her. She was welcomed at the Ravenclaw table, like she was welcomed everyone else but her own house.

“I’m so happy for you. You’ll fit right in,” Ramona gushed.

“Ravenclaw is a good house?” she asked.

“The second best,” Ramona grinned. “I’m sure you’ll find some good friends here. There’s Luna Lovegood,” Ramona pointed to the lonely blonde at the end of the table. “And there’s Cho. Harry’s ex, sort of.”

“Sort of?” Alexandra asked.

“It was short, really short,” Ramona laughed a bit. “I won’t go into detail but Harry only got to, what do you Americans call it, first base?”

Alexandra laughed a bit and felt bad about it. “Do you think I was rightfully sorted?”

“Raveclaw’s are supposed to be witty and intelligent. I’m not so sure because of all that weed you smoke, mate,” Ramona joked and Alexandra shoved her lightly. “Seriously, I think you’re where you belong.”

“I thought the sorting hat didn’t know shit,” Alexandra smirked.

“Only when it came to me,” she mumbled.

“I thought you were exaggerating when you said your house isolated you, but it was true,” Alexandra said sadly.

Ramona smiled. “It’s okay. They’re all fucking wankers. Okay maybe not all but the majority are.”

“This place looks so much different than it did in the summer,” Alexandra lifted her head up. “It’s beautiful.”

“It really is,” Ramona smiled and looked up at the ceiling. Her eyes wandered to the Gryffindor and table and noticed a certain black haired, green eyed boy missing. “Hmm.”

“What?” Alexandra asked.

“Where’s Harry?” Ramona looked around for him.

“I don’t know.”

Somehow Ramona’s eyes landed on Draco Malfoy and to her surprise he was looking right at her. She gave him a ‘what the hell are you looking at’ expression and then looked away. Halfway through the feast she noticed the doors opened and Harry walked in with blood on his face.

“That can’t be good,” Ramona muttered and Alexandra gasped.

“What happened to him?”

“No idea. We’ll find out later.”

Ramona’s grandfather made his entrance and she noticed everyone whispering about his blackened hand. Some people around her asked her what was wrong with it, but she ignored it. Her grandfather made his usual warnings. Never go to the forbidden forest and things like that. There was a ban on anything from the Weasley’s shop.

“We are pleased to welcome a new member of staff this year. Professor Slughorn,” a large, bald man stood up “--is a former colleague of mine who has agree to resume his old post of Potions master.”

Ramona became confused. Snape was the Potions master. What was going on?

“Professor Snape, meanwhile,” said her grandfather, “will be taking over the position of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.”

“No!” Harry’s protest was heard around, but it was covered by Slytherin’s round of applause and cheers.

Again Ramona was bombarded with questions around her. For a moment she wished she was at her table where no one could look at her like she had all the answers. She was out of the dark like everyone and all the secrets that were suddenly appearing didn’t suit well with Ramona. She thought her grandfather trusted her enough to even tell her that he finally gave Snape the position he desired so much for the past fifteen years.

Her grandfather gave the warning about Voldemort and told students to report anything unusual or suspicious to the staff and then he sent everyone to bed.

“I have to go,” Ramona stood up and hugged Alexandra. “I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Okay, good night.”

“G’night,” she said and then passed everyone to get to her house. She followed them. Unfortunately she got stuck behind Malfoy and his entourage. He was talking about kicking Harry in the face. Ramona crossed her arms across her chest in anger. She had to remain calm until they all returned to the Slytherin common room.

The group went to the dungeons and the password was said. ‘Pureblood’. The portrait opened and the students were lead inside. Almost everyone turned in for the night. Ramona was going to wait until her roommates fell asleep. She didn’t feel like arguing with any of them. She knew some of their parents were involved in what happened in the Ministry and she rather keep her comments to herself.

She sat on the large dark green sofa that was in front of the fire place. She didn’t like how everything was so cold. The other common rooms were warm and inviting and hers was cold. She laid down on the couch as time continued to pass by.

She heard footsteps. She stood up and saw Draco coming down the stairs from the boys’ dormitories. She stood up and walked over to him. He looked caught off guard and then his wall of cool came up.

“What the hell did you do to Harry?” she demanded.

“Standing up for your boyfriend?” he asked.

She narrowed her eyes. “You better watch your back, Malfoy. You’re going down a road that you may not be able to get out of.”

That seemed to get to him because his eyes narrowed. “Thanks, sensei,” he said sarcastically.

“Your sarcasm is not welcomed. Why are you up so late? You should get to bed. I’m sure you daddy is fast asleep in Azkaban,” she smirked and maybe she hit low the belt, but Harry was her friend. She defended her friends fiercely.

His eyes turned cold. “Piss off, you bloody traitor.”

“Your words don’t hurt me, Malfoy.” she smiled.

Something dark flashed through his eyes and then she was pushed against the wall. She tried to push him back, but he pressed his body with hers. She was shorter than him, so he looked down at her with flared nostrils. He was truly pissed.

She grunted and tried to get some advantage back.

“You run your big mouth, Mona, a little too much. Maybe I should put it to better use,” and before she could think his lips were against her. Hot and hungry. His mouth claimed hers and wanted her response. Her hands went to his hair and it was to push him away but somehow it ended up pulling him closer.

She responded. She never kissed anyone like she kissed Draco. She wasn’t a slut, but she had kissed two boys who were her boyfriends, but neither of them made her feel what she felt now. He let out a small groan of pleasure and that encouraged her to voice her pleasure too. It was a little after her moan that she realized what the fuck she was doing.

With strength she didn’t know she had, she pushed him away. He had been so caught up in the kiss he gave up no fight and he even fell to the ground.

Ramona could feel her lips swollen and they tingled. Her eyes were wide, but she didn’t know if it was with anger or surprise. Anger because of what he did and surprise because of how she responded.

“Lay your filthy hands on me again, Malfoy and I’ll cut them off,” she spat bitterly and walked towards the girls’ dormitories. She rushed to her assigned room. Her roommates were asleep. She wished she could go back to her own room. She wanted to forget what happened, but she knew she wouldn’t be able to forget.

A kiss like that wasn’t easily forgotten.

“Fuck me,” she groaned.

*/*

Ramona didn’t even go to her table the next morning. She didn’t want to face Malfoy. She knew he wouldn’t brag to his friends about the kiss. That made her feel safe, but if he looked at her, she knew he would have that smug expression on his face. She didn’t want to lose it so early in the year.

Alexandra was dressed in her Ravenclaw robes and eating breakfast with Luna Lovegood.

“Good morning, Ramona,” Luna said with her soft voice. “Alex is my roommate.”

“Morning, Luna, and that’s great,” Ramona half smiled.

“What’s wrong?” Alexandra asked with concern on her face.

Ramona shook her head. “Nothing. I just miss having my own room. I don’t like sharing,” and she grabbed a piece of bacon from Alexandra’s plate.

“Hey!” Alexandra laughed.

“You like to share, Alex. I don’t,” Ramona grinned and brought back her fiery personality. She was going to forget about the kiss. Malfoy only did it to throw her off her game, but she wasn’t going to let it happen. Harry thought Malfoy was up to something and she was going to help. She had to get her head straight.

She had to forget the amazing kiss and get back to business.

“How did you do in your OWL’s?” Luna asked as breakfast ended.

“I don’t remember,” Ramona replied to Luna. “I think I lost the paper.”

It was time to get their schedules. Ramona wished Alexandra good luck and then walked to her house to get in line to see Professor Snape, head of the Slytherin house. She stood behind a group of girls who were talking about their summer in the States. She zoned out and began to hum some music in her head.

She was in the middle of singing some Janis Joplin when she felt hot breath near her ear. She twitched and turned to see Draco. She glared at him and stepped away from him.

“You twat,” she hissed. “Get away from me.”

“Intimidated by me, Mona?” he chuckled lowly.

“Not in the least,” she said back confidently. His gray eyes held amusement.

“Why are you shaking? Still thinking about our hot kiss?” he whispered in her ear. She pushed him away.

“I’m sure you wouldn’t anyone to know about that.”

“No one would believe you,” he shrugged. “Go tell the whole school.”

“And what? Ruin my reputation too?” she scoffed. “I don’t think so. Piss off, Malfoy.”

She turned back around and moved up the line and cut into someone who wasn’t paying attention. She reached Professor Snape. He looked at her scores.

“Do you plan to continue with Divination?” he asked. “You got an O on it, surprisingly.”

“Yes, I’d like to continue.”

“You plan to become an auror, you should take Potions then,” he scribbled.

She wasn’t going to become an auror, but when she was told to put a career she couldn’t put down “lead singer for muggle band” so she made something up.

“You did well in Potions not that I’m surprise,” he muttered the last part.

“Excuse me?” she asked.

“Your father. He was gifted in Potions,” he replied.

Ramona blinked. “You knew my father?”

Snape’s black eyes lifted and met hers. “I did. Now, here’s your schedule.”

Ramona grabbed the parchment and slowly walked away. She never knew Snape knew her father. She knew her parents had gone to school around the same time was Snape, but she never thought about asking. She thought she knew everything about her parents from her grandfather. Ramona had a free period before Defense Against the Dark arts started with the Gryffindors. She smiled. She would get to see Harry, Ron and Hermione. She dreaded it would be with Snape though.
♠ ♠ ♠
They kissed! And there’s more to come!

Ramona’s Outfit

Thanks for the comments:

avenging angel
The Silver Snitch
limegreenworld
fabulous_39
noratheneurotic
Morgan Massacre