Began as Friends

Chapter 7

"Josie, Josie you here" Jaime called out when she got home.

"Yeah, whats going on."

"Hey lets do dinner quickly and get ready, we're all going out tonight."

Josie let out a squeal, she could get used to her best friend wanting to party more often.

The girls made dinner and ate together going over their days.

"Mike and Brooks came by for the school thing."

"Oh," Josie said looking up at her.

"Yeah, oh is right, Mike and I, I don't know I can't understand it all, I like him, but I don't know if its anything or just some silly lust."

"You like him, like like him, like we're back in middle school and when someone asks you if you like someone else you say like like. Jaime, it is so evident and he likes you back, you keep playing games and one of you will get hurt."

"Since when did you get so wise," Jaime said flicking a piece of broccoli at her best friend.

A couple hours later and three outfits sifted through Jaime walked into the living room where her best friend was awaiting her.

Jaime stood at the door doing a circle as demanded by Josie. Wearing a simple black strapless bandage dress with dark purple heels and a black clutch, Jaime looked deadly. She had a small diamond necklace around her neck and diamond studs in her ears to match. Her makeup was simple, she never needed much anyway and her blond hair was layered around her face.

"Stop, go change because there is no way you can look better than me right now," Josie said smiling.

Josie ran to her friend at the door giving her a kiss on the cheek and the girls left the apartment giggling together.

<i> Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnng </i>

Josie answers her cell to a screaming John and music blaring in the back.

"Hey, babe where are you?"

"We're on our way, just left should be there in ten, can you even hear me?"

"Yeah, yeah got it, all the guys are here, I miss you hurry up!"

"Jaime, drive faster, or John will be dancing with someone else," Josie said a little more serious than Jaime thought she meant it to be.

The girls arrived and Jaime left the keys with valet knowing it would be there until tomorrow, she planned on drinking tonight.

"Don't look now Mike, your entertainment for the night just showed up," John said.

Brooks smacked him in the back of the head.

"If you or Green do anything to her other than make her smile I will single handedly find you another team to play for."

"Damn Brooksy, calm do-"

Brooks hit him again and walked away.

Every time she walks in the room, every damn time Mike thought. He couldn't get his heart rate down and he immediately forgot how to speak it seemed.

After the girls greeted the rest of the guys Jaime walked over to Mike and rested her arms on the bar next to him.

"Jaime, you, you, uh," Mike fumbled.

"You uh, too Mike," Jaime replied smiling.

The group drank and talked for about an hour and after the alcohol started to kick in they were all off to the dance floor.

"Don't fuck up," Brooks whispered to Mike.

Jaime and Brooks danced first with Josie and John next to them.

Jaime and Brooks were friends, dancing was fun, nothing too vulgar or romantic, they enjoyed each other's company.

"Can I cut in," a voice said behind Jaime.

Brooks smiled and nodded turning around looking for another girl to dance with.

"Hey," he whispered in her ear behind her.

Knowing who it was Jaime backed herself into his body and continued grinding her hips to the music. Mike first kept his arms out to the side of Jaime's body not wanting to get to physical too soon. Lucky for him she grabbed his arms pulling them down to her hips. The two danced to the rhythm of the music for a couple minutes.

Jaime slowed her grinding down and Mike followed suit. She got as close to his body as she possibly could and continued to move her hips.

"Keep doing that Jaime, and we will have a mess," Mike said to her.

She let out a laugh and sped up the dancing pulling away from him. Mike grabbed her arms pulling her back and they both laughed and kept dancing to the music. Jaime turned around to face him and started throwing out funny dance moves to make him laugh. First she did the running man and he matched her with the robot. A slower song came on and they settled back into the same slow grinding motion as before settling down their laughter.

Mike after a bit spun Jaime's hips causing her to face him. He leaned down into her going in for a kiss, but before he could reach she stopped him.

"Mike, I don't know if I want this," she said.

She slipped free of him and ran to the bathroom pulling Josie with her as she left the dance floor.

"What am I doing," she yelled.

"You are confused, but girlfriend get unconfused, because he will not be around forever," Josie said.

Josie spent the next ten minutes giving her best friend the boost she desperately needed. The two emerged and made their way back upstairs to join the guys.

"Jusha, you look hot, dance with me," Alex said smiling at her while keeping his eyes on her lengthy legs.

Alex was never one to hide what he was truly thinking.

"Alright you horn dog," Jaime said.

"Horn?"

"Oh come on," Jaime said laughing and grabbed his hand.

Alex and Jaime danced in the middle of the dance floor and Alex wasted no time pulling her close to him. If it was anyone else Jaime probably would have been extremely uncomfortable with his groping and touching, but with Alex she was comfortable. There was always something about him she found sexy, probably his confidence, it was contagious. She and him danced fast to the pounding music and he moved her hips to his movements taking the lead.

"She is relentless," Mike said to Brooks.

"She is having a good time, what is your problem," Brooks said back.

Mike obviously drunk threw his drink on the floor and got up to leave.

"Dude, what is your problem!" Brooks yelled after him.

After Mike disappeared Jaime came back upstairs leaving Alex to find other girls downstairs.

"Where'd Mike go?"

"He went to the bathroom I think," John said pointing over to the restroom.

Jaime smiled and in her mind thought, you can do this.

She made her way over to the restroom and knocked once, she heard Mike's voice say busy and knowing it was him pushed open the door.

Mike had another girl pressed up against the wall with his hands all over body and lips on her neck.

He pulled away angrily and without looking up said, "I said it was busy you asshole."

Jaime let out a small cry and said, "Sorry, I-"

"Jaime?"

Mike looked up in time to see her whip around and close the door.