Status: Pretty much active for now. :)

Underwater Calls

Chapter Eighteen.

She made sure that the girls didn’t suspect a thing when she woke up the next morning. She made sure that she didn’t give away herself by acting normal, laughing when needed, cursing when it required, and made sure that she didn’t let the gleam in her eyes disappear. She had never found it so easy to put a façade up, but it came so naturally to her that she wondered where this talent came from.
Of course, if she let herself question it, she would also ask herself why she made decisions based on such crazy dreams.
They sat through Charms, everyone paired off or in groups, working on different spells and routines they had learnt over the last month of so. Professor Flitwick watched over them, beaming with pride as many of his students got the spells right. He had told them to learn them off by heart, or there would be severe punishment. He might have been small in size, Laura mused, but she knew that he was a Duelling Champion and one of the most powerful and loyal teachers in Hogwarts.
“How’s it going with Blaise?” Siobhan asked Rosabella as they began their essays in the lesson, with nothing left to do. Laura had literally forgotten that her best friend and Blaise were involved romantically. Looking up, she saw just in time the pretty pink blush that rose up on Rosabella’s cheeks.
“It’s good. He can actually have an intelligent conversation with me, which, believe me, I never knew he would be possible of. No offence, Lar, but I just didn’t think he was capable even when you told me so,” she laughed slightly, averting her eyes. Laura tucked her tongue in her cheek after sniggering involuntarily.
“He’s lovely enough – and clearly smitten by you too. Who would have thought? Has he asked you officially yet?” Laura asked, leaning towards her friends and the first time that day, not having to pretend. The other thoughts, plans, worries disappeared from her mind for the short amount of time she became engrossed with her best friends completely.
“Not yet – we haven’t had our first kiss or anything yet. But he’s just so amazing. I know I sound like many of the girls out there, pining after him and all sorts, but he really is. He pays attention to me, looks into my eyes and he genuinely smiles at me. Not those dumb ass smirks he used to do,” she scoffs, looking over to where Blaise was seated with Draco, and catching his eye. He winked, before blowing her a kiss. Laughing, she moved her curls back from her face and smiled at him. The other two girls looked over to the exchange, and Laura’s eye caught Draco’s for a second – hell, not even that – and she looked back, afraid her eyes would give something away.
“Well – I like the way you two are. I really do. Im so happy for you Rose,” Laura said, holding onto her best friend’s hand and giving it a tight squeeze.
“Im so happy for myself too. Maybe in this mess of life, I have finally found something to depend on for peace.”
Peace, Laura thought hazily. Peace, as she looked over to Draco again, came in many forms.
She was determined to find her peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's moving at like a snail pace; but hold your horses, the action will come along. :)

When I reach chapter twenty, it'll all kick in. :)

Comments?! :D