The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

These Feelings Can't Be Right

When my shift ended, Caseyinvited forced me to go to her house so we could change.

"I do have clothes you know," I said as we entered her room.

"Yeah I know, but I haven’t gotten to share clothes with you in forever," she whined in retort.

I sighed. "Fine."

"Yay! I think you should wear...this." She tossed a red and black corset with a matching plaid skirt to me. "Go put that on, then come back so I can see."

I went to the bathroom and put on the outfit Casey chose for me. I examined myself in the mirror. I smiled. Not to sound vain or anything, but I looked pretty hot.

"Damn girl. You pull that off well," Casey complimented as I walked in. "Now put these on." She threw me some knee high boots and red and black knee high socks. "Okay, clothes are done. Now for hair and make up."

As she was doing my hair, I wanted to ask her what the deal was with Kate. I decided not to; just in case.

"So, what do you think of Zacky having a girlfriend?" asked Casey.

The question caught me completely off guard. What did I think?

"I'm happy for him. If she makes him happy, I'm happy."

"So you're not jealous at all?"

"No." I don't know why I was lying to her. I knew she wouldn't go off and tell Zacky or something. I don't think she believed it anyway.

When she finished making me feel like a Barbie, we went downstairs where our chaperone, Matt, awaited.

"Wow. You two look sexy."

"We know," Casey replied cockily.

I smiled to myself. Same old Casey.

When we got in the club we'd be hanging out at, we went to find the others. Everyone was at the bar except Kate and Zacky. They were apparently dancing.

I sat down beside Johnny and Casey sat next to me.

Zacky and Kate soon joined us. We all talked and drank for a long, long time. Every time I started to talk to Zacky, though, Kate sent me some of the dirtiest looks I'd ever seen. I still didn't understand why she was acting like this. It's not like I was flirting with him.

"Raven, let's dance," Matt said. I could tell he was getting a little tipsy. "You don't mind, do you Case?"

Casey shook her head and Matt led me to the dance floor. We started dancing, then Matt said, "Hey, don't worry about Kate."

I looked up at him curiously, not knowing what he meant.

"Just ignore her. She gets really jealous."

"I kind of figured that. But why? I'm just talking to him. It's only been six years."

"I don't know. She's always been like this. So, just don't worry about it."

"Okay, I'll try not to."

We finished dancing to the song and returned to the bar. As soon as we got there, Kate started making out with Zacky. This girl was really starting to piss me off. Now I could tell she was doing this on purpose to make me mad. I acted like it didn't bother me though and I must have done a good job because no one asked about anything.

"I have to go to the bathroom. Don't go anywhere," Kate said to Zacky.

When she was gone, Zacky came over to me and said, "Hey, can I talk to you outside?"

I nodded and followed him outside. Almost immediately after we got out, Zacky pinned me to the wall. I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Zacky, what are you doing?" He moved his hand up my skirt and I swatted it away.

"I missed you Raven," Zacky whispered as he began to kiss my neck.

"Zacky stop this. You have a girlfriend," I said.

He completely ignored me. God, what was I supposed to do? I was enjoying this but at the same time I wasn't. I knew this was wrong. I had to stop it.

I pushed Zacky away. "God damn it Zacky! Stop! We can't do this. It's not right." He stared at me a little angrily but I didn't give a flying fuck.

"I'm going home so do me a favor and tell Casey for me." I turned away from him and headed home. Why did he do this? I felt so horrible even though I didn't do anything. Maybe it would have been better if I had never seen Zack Baker ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's another chapter for you, my faithful readers!

Comments are awesome!

M. Vengeance