The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Jealousy's an Ugly Word

Zacky's P.O.V.
I stared at her. She was indeed the girl I thought I'd never see again. If i didn't know any better, I'd think I was dreaming.

We were all silent. Apparently no one could think of where to begin. So much had happened between Senior Prom and now.

"How have you been?" I finally asked, the silence getting to be too awkward.

"I've been pretty good. Same old, same old really," she answered shrugging her shoulders. I wanted to say that she was lying, but I decided against it. If she wanted to tell me anything, she would have.

"And what about you guys? I see the band's doing quite well."

"Yeah, we're getting along."

She smiled and looked at the clock on the wall. "You guys should probably go get ready now. We open in a few minutes." I looked out the window and already saw people outside.

We all gave her a hug and walked back to the table.

"Well, this is a blast from the past isn't it?" Johnny said as we sat down.

"Yeah. Casey will be happy to see her again," Matt answered.

I watched Raven change the 'closed' sign to 'open' and watched customers file in. She walked back to join us and pulled up a chair.

We signed CDs for fans and talked about some of the things that had happened in the six years we hadn't communicated. Raven hadn't changed at all (personality wise anyway).

"I like your guys’ music. It's really unique," she said. We all thanked her. A customer came by and asked her for help finding something.

"Well?" Brian asked me after she was out of earshot.

"Well what?"

"You happy to see her?"

"Of course I am. What makes you ask that?"

"You've barely said a word to her."

I sighed. I knew I hadn't. I really didn't know what to say. And, between you and me, I was doing everything I could not to grab her and make out with her.

Raven returned and turned to Matt. "So, are you and Casey still going out?"

"Yeah. She’s come on a few tours with us too."

Raven's P.O.V.
"That's good. How has she been?"

"Why don't you ask her yourself?"

I raised my eyebrow at him and then I looked around. Five girls had just walked in and in the lead was Casey. Really, all that she had changed was her hair color. Instead of the hot pink, it was now a really dark red.

She walked by me without really noticing me. This made me smile. I heard Matt tell her to take another look at me. She looked at him curiously, but turned back to me. Her eyes lit up as she shouted, "OH MY FUCKING GOD! RAVEN!"

Casey hugged me so tightly I could barely breathe. I didn't mind though; besides Zacky, she was one of the people I could tell anything. By the way Zacky was acting, I could tell I'd be talking to her a lot more.

"God, I've missed you!" she exclaimed when she let go.

"I missed you too, Casey."

"You know what? We should celebrate. We're all going out tonight."

I said okay. This was fine with me. It would give me time to catch up with my old friends. And, I hadn't really gone out in a while. Sure I dated and stuff, but it had been a while.

The other four girls that had entered with Casey were now at the table with us. My heart sank when I saw Zacky kiss one of them. I guess I should have better prepared myself for this. I mean, it's been six years. I didn't expect him to wait. Did I?

Zacky turned to me. "Raven, this is my girlfriend, Kate. Kate, this is my old friend Raven."

Even if I was a little jealous of her, I decided not to show it. "Nice to meet you, Kate." I put out my hand to shake hers but she just gave me a disgusted look. What the Hell?

I felt stupid holding my hand out there and placed it by my side. The other guys introduced me to their girlfriends (and they were all considerably nicer).

I was so glad when Darren came back and asked me for help in the back. I felt so out of place with them now. I hated this. I wished everything could go back to the way it was. Only things would be different. I wouldn't have that stupid job that tore my life apart, my parents would still be alive, and I would be the one kissing Zacky. The last thought made me feel slightly guilty because it sounded so selfish, but I couldn't help it. The truth was, I never stopped loving Zacky. That obviously wasn't true for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another two in one day! I'm on a roll! lol

Comment?

M. Vengeance