The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

School Sucks

One week later….

I was awakened by my alarm clock telling me it was 7:00. I started school at Huntington High today. I wasn’t excited for it at all.

I slumped into the bathroom, showered, then put on a pair of jeans with my studded belt and an Iron Maiden T-shirt. I then straightened my hair and headed downstairs.

My parents were already in the kitchen eating breakfast and talking cheerfully. This had always bugged me. I never understood how they could be so chipper in the morning.

I grabbed a banana to eat on the way there which made my mom ask, “No breakfast?”

“No time,” I replied and slipped into my Convereses and walked out the door.

I parked my Mustang in the parking lot and made my way to the doors. On the way to my locker, I noticed probably 95% of the student body was preppish. This was going to be a long year.

When I was ten feet from my locker, I passed five guys that actually didn’t look preppy. Maybe there was hope for this place after all.

As I walked passed, the tallest one said, “Looks like we got fresh meat this year.” I think he was trying to keep his voice down so I wouldn’t hear; he was failing miserably.

“She’s mine,” I heard another one whisper as I arrived at my locker.

I heard footsteps coming from the direction I had come. Just as I got my locker open, it was immediately slammed shut. I groaned and turned to the person who had shut my locker. It was one of the five guys who had “greeted” me on the way in.

“Hey,” he said casually, leaning on the locker next to mine. I just glared at him and re-entered my combination, then held the door so he couldn’t close it again.

I started putting my things in my locker. As I did, the guy asked, “So, where you from?”

“None of your business,” I replied smugly.

“Hmm…never heard on that place. I might have to visit sometime; especially in the girls are as hot as you.” I slammed my locker shut and turned toward him. Wow. He was hot. Black hair, tattoos, piercings; everything I liked a guy to have. And then, I noticed his eyes. They were an amazing green, which is my favorite color. If he wasn’t such a pig, I might have dated him.

I smiled a fake sweet smile and said, “If that was supposed to get me to like you, it didn’t work.” He didn’t seem to care at all. I rolled my eyes and looked at my schedule.

“What classes do you have?” I ignored him and continued to examine my schedule. After not getting an answer for a few seconds, he snatched the paper from my hand.

“Well, what do you know? We have most of our classes together. Aren’t you just lucky?”

“Oh yes, I’m just jumping for joy,” I growled sarcastically. I then turned and started heading to my first period. The guy caught up to me and said,

“I’m Zacky by the way.”

“Good for you.” He just chuckled. Damn, did anything faze this guy?

The morning wore on with Zacky bugging the shit out of me in every period. After lunch, I had P.E. I groaned when I saw it was Co-Ed. Great, now he’ll probably gawk the whole time.

I went to the locker room and changed into shorts and a T-shirt, then headed into the gym.

The girls were all gossiping when I walked in and only glanced at me. I looked over at the opposite wall and saw Zacky standing over there with two of his buddies from before.

He wolf-whistled and the other two whooped and hollered at me. I flipped them off and sat by the wall.

The teacher came in and announced we were playing dodgeball, boys versus girls. I looked at my team which consisted of wussy preps and cheerleaders. I sighed, knowing we were going to lose badly.

And I was right. We lost every game. At least I was always the last one standing on my team.

The last part of the day was peaceful because it was Zacky-free. Finally!

When the bell rang, I went to my locker, got everything I needed, and practically ran out the door. I was hoping I wouldn’t run into Zacky, but of course, I did. That’s just my luck, right?

I finally lost my temper and snapped at him. “What do you want?”

All he said was, “Go out with me.”

I death glared him. “You know what? Fine, I will. But, you have to leave me alone until the date.” God I must be crazy.

He smirked at me and said, “Works for me. Address?”

I scribbled it on a small piece of paper and handed it to him. “Cool, I’ll pick you up at seven on Friday.”

“Whatever,” I stated. After he was gone, I walked to my car, got in, and drove home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there's chapter two. Feedback still appreciated.

M. Vengeance