The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Having a Slight Change of Heart

Zacky's P.O.V.
I woke up the next morning on Raven's couch. I sat up and saw her asleep on the recliner. I smiled. God she's beautiful. I wonder when she got home last night.

I looked over at a nearby clock and saw it was only noon. Since I seemed to be the only one up, I switched on the T.V. After a few minutes of channel surfing, I felt someone sit on the couch next to me. I looked over and saw Raven staring back at me.

"Sorry about last night," she said.

"It's no big deal. You had to go."

She smiled at me and put her head on my shoulder. "Is too. I feel bad for leaving you alone."

"I wasn't completely alone you know."

"Might as well have been. Did they even come down?"

I chuckled. "No."

Raven started playing with my hair and said, "That figures."

This was weird; she was acting so weird. I'm not complaining though.

We watched T.V. for a few minutes until our moment was ruined by Raven's phone ringing. She checked the caller I.D. and said, "Stay quiet. It's mom."

Raven's P.O.V.
"Hey mom," I said with fake excitement into the phone.

"Hi sweetie. How is everything?"

"Great. Kind of boring to be honest."

"That's good. So, you're keeping everything in order then? No break ins, robberies, or anything like that?"

I smiled to myself. "No mom. Everything's fine."

"Okay, well your father and I will be home Thursday or Friday."

"Okay, see you then." I hung up the phone and put it back on the coffee table. I placed my head back on Zacky’s shoulder. He stroked my hair while we watched music videos.

The two of us were quiet, enjoying the silence until Zacky said, "I should probably go home soon. I need to shower and stuff." Now that he mentioned it, I probably needed to too.

"Yeah, you do smell pretty bad," I remarked jokingly.

"You're one to talk," he countered. I gave him a fake shocked look and slapped him on the shoulder. We both laughed and finished watching videos.

Zacky left when the countdown ended. I went upstairs to find Matt and Casey asleep on my bed. I turned on the light and they both groaned.

"Time to get up. I want those sheets changed by the way." They just stared blankly as I got my clothes and went into the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go. Hope you like it.

Comment to make me happy!

M. Vengeance