New Direction

Hasta Manana

It was funny how shocked I wasn’t. I felt something around Mr. Schue (Am I gonna call him Will now?), and I knew the feeling wasn’t a crush-I knew better than trying to get someone I couldn’t have, teachers, specifically.

“Say something,” I looked up to Mr.--Will, trying to read his expression.

The words “Don’t hate me,” were written on his forehead.

“If I wasn’t so afraid of staining your vest, I would hug you,” They both let out their breath, relieved.

“I don’t care. Come here,” Will, my brother, pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back. I squeezed his sides with a smile.

“He’s why we moved here, sweetie,” I heard my dad say from behind me.

“Why didn’t you tell me? My reluctance to come would have been deceased!” I didn’t let go of Will. I had 18 years to make up for.

“Honey, you can let go. Since you know now, I’m inviting Will over for dinner tonight,” I sighed, but loosened my grip, slowly letting go of my newly found family member.

“Speaking of tonight, I’m assisting a… friend with his Spanish,”

“I can help with that,” Will exclaimed, smiling down at me. I beamed.

“Thanks, Will!” His eyes sparkled at my easy acceptance. Once a silence swept over the three of us, I realized the hallway was empty.

“Crap! Do you know how late we are?!” I exclaimed, hugging my dad.

“My friend is driving me home after glee. Will will follow us and we’ll be at the apartment before dinner’s ready.” I didn’t wait for an answer, I just let Will lead us to Spanish class.

“I’m glad you aren’t mad, Joe,” Will said, putting his hands behind his back.

“I’m surprised I didn’t have a heart attack,” Will chuckled, stepping up to the classroom door. I walked in first, getting pummeled, with stares. They got only got heavier as Will stepped in after me.

“I’m sorry, guys. We had to speak with the principal.” No one bought the excuse. The slushie was on his shirt, vest, and tie.

I couldn’t even imagine what everyone was thinking.

As Will began to teach, a crumpled piece of paper landed on my desk. I glanced behind me, spotting a football jacket. I quietly opened the note.

What were you and Mr. Schue doing?

I rolled my eyes, jotting down- Nothing like that, you perv. I’ll tell you later. I threw it back, the note landing promptly on Finn’s desk. He nodded, stuffing the paper into his pocket.

Once the bell rang, Finn met up with me as I waited side by side with Will. Finn was someone I could trust, I was sure.

“Finn, Will’s my brothers.”

His reaction was simple: “You two have the same nose,”
I met up with David in the driveway, stepping into the car with a smile. He didn’t smile back as he stared at my stained clothes.

“I tried to tell them not to, Joey. I really did-”

“No worries,” I interjected., buckling my seatbelt. “It’s just red food dye and ice. Anyway, we have to wait for Will before we leave.”

“Who’s Will?” David asked, puzzled.

I laughed, replying, “Oh, yeah, sorry. I mean Mr. Schue,”

“…Why’d you call him Will?” I wasn’t sure whether I should tell him or not. He didn’t seem like the reliable type to me, no matter how mean that might seem, considering I let him come over in the middle of the night, use my shower, and eat my food…

“If I tell you, you have to promise not to tell anyone.” David got wide eyes.

“Are you fucking the Spanish teacher?!” he screamed, looking in the rear view mirror as Will pulled up behind us.

“No! Gross! He’s my brother!” David paused, slowly looking at me. He was just as shocked about this as he was when he was assuming that we were… having an affair.

“You two have the same nose,” He finally noted, starting the car and pulling from the parking lot, Will following, happily. I sighed, leaning my head against the head of the seat.

“That’s what Finn said, too… I’ve never met him before today, you know. I’ve gone 18 years without knowing that I had a brother, and I suddenly find out that I’m not an only child and my brother is also my teacher. It’s all so weird… I feel like I’m talking to much,” David chuckled, shaking his head.

“Not really. If you can sit and listen to my problems, I can handle yours, right?” He nudged me with his elbow, smiling as he watched the road ahead.

David was a bully at school. He teased and mocked and taunted anyone who seemed weaker then him. But once he steps out of that building, his personality changes completely. He’s fun, and sweet, and actually really talented. I made a mental note to try to get him to join glee club.

We reached the apartment just as my mother was putting dinner on the table. She practically burst into tears at the sight of her son. Will hugged her tightly, rocking her, slightly, telling her “he was home for good now, ma.”

Will was less than enthusiastic that David was here. He had his rights, I suppose, considering David has traumatized Kurt and has slushied every single glee member. But, who was he to deny a student from learning?

“I feel out of place, Joey,” David said as we stepped into my bedroom. I rolled my eyes, sitting on my bed.

“My parents actually like you and Will thinks it’s great that I’m helping you be a better person,” before he could say anything, I continued, “Let’s get down to work!” When he didn’t move, I patted the spot on my bed next to me, smiling brightly. He laughed once, but sat next to me, leaning in to look at my book with me.

“What does hasta manana mean?” I questioned after about a half hour of studying.

“See you tomorrow,” He answered, quickly, smiling at his progress.

His smile was beautiful…

“Correct,” I beamed, searching through the list against. He put his hand over the page, causing me to glance up into his eyes.

“I think we should take a break,” he grinned, placing the book on the floor.

“Sure,” I smiled, nervously. We’ve never actually just talked before.

“How was your day?” I started, fidgeting my fingers.

“Boring. As usual. You were the best part.” David blushed a bit and I snickered. I would say the same, but I’d be lying.

Glee was the best part.

“I wanted to ask you something…” David trailed off, trying not to look at me.

“Go ahead,” I persisted, making him look at me encouraging smile. There was a bit of sweat on his forehead.

“Ven a la noche la cena de manana?” My eyes got wide, but a smile grew across my face.

“Me encantaria.” I whispered, getting closer. After a smile from his lips, they were on mine, soft and warm. We both pulled away, both shocked and both blushing.

“I think I should get home,” he sighed, glancing at the clock.

8:30.

“H-hasta manana…” I spoke, watching as he grabbed his backpack and exited my room, turning to smile before saying goodbye to my parents and Will before walking from the apartment.

I collapsed onto my bed, my head reeling.

First kisses really got to you.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHHHH! KAROFSKY AND JOEY GETTIN'. IT. OOOONNN! XD Someone reported me for having "Glee" in the title. How rude xD Enjoy this chapter!