Status: Updated 10/2

In Love With a Stripper

Hard Headed

(Jynx’s POV)
I woke up to the phone ringing and realized that the doctor was in the room. My mother answered the phone and Gerard was talking to the doctor. None of them seemed to notice that I had woken up.
“So you’re saying she can go home tonight?” Gerard said.
“I don’t see why not. All her test came back with good results. She was just under a lot of stress and needed to rest. Taking her home now would be good. She would be able to relax,” I stopped listening to him and started listening to what my mother was saying on the phone.
“She’s just resting Robbi,” she said I could hear she was starting to get irritated for answering the same question over and over again. “Don’t you have more important things to worry about?”
“Mom let me talk to her,” I said everyone in the room turned to look at me with surprise.
“Good you’re awake,” the doctor said. “How are we feeling?”
“Is it normal to be so tired after waking up from a coma?” I asked reaching out for the phone.
“Actually…” I didn’t listen to what he was saying I just took the phone from my mother.
“Hello?” I said.
“Jynx? Your mother said you were sleeping,” Robbi said with surprise.
“I was the doctor said that I can come home tonight. So I’m excited.”
“You are okay right?”
“Baby how many times do they have to tell you that she’s okay before you believe them?” I heard a deep voice ask.
“Is that Brian I hear?” I said.
“Maybe…” she said. I could hear her smiling through the phone.
“Aww you made up. How sweet,” I said teasing her.
“Yeah kinda, but I was calling to hopefully get your help. My dad is here?”
“What?” I said panicked.
“My father is here,” this wasn’t good. Her father was like a father to me. We dodged a bullet last time when our mothers came without him. Now they were in for it.
“Robbi you are going to have to go this one solo,” I said hoping to save Gerard’s life.
“I can’t you know he’s going to kill Brian right.”
“Maybe he’ll just mortally injure him. I mean he can live without…certain things.”
“Yeah but I can’t.”
“He has corrupted you so much,” I said with a laugh, I already knew that I was going to go and try and help. Maybe with both the guys there he wouldn’t know which guy to kill first and get confused. Then not kill anyone.
“Jynxie please,” She begged.
“Fine, invite them out to our house and we’ll have dinner. I’ll call and have it catered or something easy. Say in about an hour. I should be home and cleaned up by then.”
“Thank you so much,” I just rolled my eyes. “He’ll go easy on them cause you are just getting out of the hospital. Oh and be sure to tell him that it was stress that got you there. It will make him try not to stress you out and killing Brian…”
“Robbi I get it, just try and stall till you come over okay,”
“Okay, I’ll figure out something,” I looked over at my mother who was shaking her head.
“You know Papa Rob is going to see through that right?” I just smiled at her.
“Gerard we need to go home and I need the number to that caterer that did our birthday party. We need food for seven people at our house in about an hour,” he gave me this look like that was impossible.
“How bout we just get a chef to come out?” he asked sarcastically.
“If you would rather…”
“Jynx…”
“I’m just waking up from a coma,” I said cutting him off. He rolled his eyes and flipped open his phone. “Mama can you hand me my clothes,” she helped me get dressed and the nurse bought in a wheel chair for me. “I can walk just…”
“Jynx you better sit down in that wheel chair,” I turned around in surprise. It was Gerard telling me to sit down. Not my mother. I would expect that from my mother.
“But…”
“Listen to the man,” My mother said gathering the rest of the things around the room. I did as I was told and they wheeled me out to Gerard’s SUV. Then he wouldn’t even let me stand to get into the car. He lifted me into the passenger’s side seat and I put on my seat belt. “You know Jynx you could have asked me for help.” she said settling into the back seat as Gerard walked around to get into the drivers seat.
“I know Mama,” Gerard got into the car and drove off toward home. Once there Gerard tried to carry me into the house. I shot him a look that said touch me and die. He got the point and let me walk into the house. Of course he held me the whole way like I was suddenly going to collapse onto the driveway, but at least I was walking.
“Oh my lord,” I heard my mother exclaim as she got out of the car. Then it dawned on me that she hadn’t ever seen the house. In fact she still wasn’t aware that I was living with Gerard.
“This is where Gerard and I live. I’ll show you…”
“I’ll show you to the guest room, while she goes and lays down,” Gerard said.
“I’m going to take a shower,” I countered.
“Bath,” he said trying to compromise. I looked at my mother.
“I’m not going to break,” I said, his face changed.
“I’m not so sure about that,” he said. I took a deep breath.
“Can I show my mother around?” he nodded. I smiled and took my mother’s hand heading straight to the kitchen, knowing that she loved nothing more than a big kitchen.
“Jynx this is beautiful,” she said. “How long have you been living in sin?”
“For about five months I think,” I looked down at the ground. “Mom I know that this wasn’t really…”
“What’s done is done and I can tell he really loves you. So show me around the rest of this gorgeous house.” I pulled her out of the kitchen then into the den. Then I showed her the backyard. “Jynx this is beautiful.”
“Who thought you could find paradise in Jersey,” I said.
“I thought,” Gerard said coming outside. “Look the doctor did say to take it easy.”
“I must have missed that part,” I said. He didn’t look like he was going to compromise on this. “Fine I’ll go take a bath.”
“Thank you,” he said wrapping his arms around me. He kissed me on the lips and I walked into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
So guys Dujo hasn't gotten back to me on posting Nonnie's chapter and I didn't find anything. So, I decided to post this chapter here, but the story may be moving to fanficpassion The story may be going there if I am not allowed to post her chapters.