Status: Active

Crazy

Disobedience

I was always embarrassed of my mother.

She had this annoying way of making others feel like they were the dirt that wasn't even good enough to use in her garden.

She made them, made me, feel dumb and ridiculous.

Growing up she always scrutinized everything I did, No wonder I had no friends.

The few I had, went through a lot to pass through my mother's standards, certainly Craig would not pass--Ever!

He was a musician, she said they were sketchy, using more colorful words to get her words across.

He wasn't rich growing up, she said that meant gold digger.

He was crazy, like me.

My mother was appalled and hurt when she got the news I was a nut; she wouldn't find it amusing me befriending Craig, even though he meant the world to me.

"Chloe. Chloe! Come here at once and Greet your mother. I had a long flight to get here and had to cancel a spa treatment." I walked over to my mother and she studied me thoroughly.

"You've lost weight here. You look emaciated, I'll have to talk to the staff at once."

Minutes of being here and she already had something to complain about.

"Now what do they expect us to do, I'm here isn't that enough?"

"Ma'am, we will go to the group therapy with our family and friends." Craig saved me.

"Excuse me." said my mother eying him hatefully, "but my daughter can speak for herself."

"She doesn't speak here, well except to me."

Craig was the ONLY person I ever saw disobey my mother.

"Well aren't you a rude prat! Now please--"

"We are now ready for group therapy. If you would please make your way to your therapy room at once it would be much appreciated..

I took my mother to my therapy room and let her choose where to sit, she choose next to Claire, the therapist so she wouldn't have to sit next to a nut.

"Alright guys, glad to see everyone could make it." She turned to my mother, "Shall we start? How about your name and tell us about the resident you are visiting we may not make it through everyone."

"I'm Susan Bonte, Chloe's mother and oh boy you don't want me to start..."