Pot & Kettle

"You're an asshole."

She watched him as he sighed and closed his eyes and lit his cigarette. Her eyes narrowed; she hated his nonchalance. She heard him chuckling, and his gaze lifted to meet hers. He was smiling, and she hated him even more for that.

"You're an asshole."

He nodded, pulling the cigarette from between his lips, smile growing. His hand dropped to his side, and his eyebrow lifted. "Your point?" He chuckled again, blowing some of the smoke out, and he was almost grinning as she coughed and waved her hand in front of her face.

"I can't believe we were ever actually happy together." She shook her head in disbelief, and he simply took another puff, blowing more smoke out at her when he was done. Her expression became more disgusted, and he merely chuckled. "I mean... seriously, what the fuck were we thinking?"

He shrugged, the smile that she hated remaining intact. "No idea." A darker chuckle left his lips, and he looked back at her, his smile becoming shrewd. "But if anyone's the bitch here, it's you. You cheated." He took in another lungful of smoke before he smothered the cigarette against the garage wall, and he made a show of releasing it all. "I should be calling you asshole, hm?"

"Fuck you."

"I'll pass, thanks." He smirked, and he lifted himself from the wall, fishing his keys out of his pocket and walking over to his car, picking up the last of his belongings from the roof of his car and shoving them into the back seat. Then he turned to look at her, and he chuckled as she crossed her arms at him, eyebrows raised. "The new guy took care of that, right? What the fuck is his name anyway?"

"Get the fuck out of here."

He smiled, getting in his car and laughing at her as she stepped away, letting him drive off.

Good riddance, bitch.