You Hold Me Down with Your Eyes

t w e l v e

New Years Eve was starting off amazing so far. Lauren and Nicole drove down to San Diego with their boyfriends to party with my new friends out here. All of us went out to dinner before going out to a popular club downtown. Mike couldn't stop complimenting me in my white dress that just barely covered my ass.

The drinks kept coming from every direction and I was having the time of my life. This was the best NYE I had ever had and I was with the best people. When the crowd began to countdown to midnight I made my way over to Mike.

"There you are!" He yelled and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

We both counted down before Mike turned to me and kissed me hard. I put my hand on the back of his head, deepening the kiss. He pulled away and smiled, kissing me again.

Everyone went back to drinking and dancing soon after. Mike managed to disappear from our group. I danced with my friends but decided to stop drinking after a bit. I slipped away from Jaime and Nicole so I could go find him. The club was beyond crowded, luckily my boyfriend was taller than a lot of the people here.

I spotted him after searching for ten minutes. Just as I went to grab his arm, I he was talking to a short brunette. Anger shot through me and I jerked him away from her.

"What the fuck?" The girl yelled at me. "Who do you think you are coming over here like that?"

"I'm his fucking girlfriend, bitch!" I snapped at her.

"Yeah, you and every bitch in a 50 mile radius, cunt!" She got near my face.

A small crowd formed around us once we began yelling.

"Don't worry sweetie, you can have my sloppy seconds," she smirked.

Without even thinking, I threw the drink I was holding in her face. The crowd all said 'oh shit' once I did, followed by a scream from the girl and her friends.

"I'm gonna fucking murder you, you ugly bitch!" She screamed about to lunge at me.

Mike pulled me away by my waist to prevent me from fighting, as he had heard about my bad girl antics in clubs. Security quickly came to our area and said the two of us need to leave. One of the girl's friends grabbed her through the crowd while Mike took me back to our area to tell them we had to leave. We said bye to everyone and caught a cab home.

"So what the fuck was that?" I asked once we were inside.

"She's my ex-girlfriend. She was the last girl I was involved with before you," he shook his head. "She saw me coming back from the smoking area and was trying to get me to dance with her."

"Oh," I said. I still felt angry that she had the nerve to talk shit to me like that. If I knew it wouldn't involve anymore police reports I would have thrown punches.

"God, I thought you were going to rip her face off," he chuckled.

"If you wouldn't had grabbed me, I probably would be sitting in a holding cell right now."

I looked at my phone and saw it was only 2:30. There were so many more hours of partying being missed and it sucked. We decided to just get into comfy clothes, smoke, and watch cheesy holiday movies on TV.

"Sucks we couldn't still be out," I said, taking a bite of our popcorn.

Mike shrugged, "We had fun either way. I'd rather be alone with you than be around a lot of drunk fuckers."

I smiled and put my head on his shoulder, "So are you guys gonna be gone a lot this year?"

"Nope. We just have a two month tour starting in February then we don't have anything booked. We're gonna relax and start planning the next record."

"Good. I remember barely meeting Vic and bummed we could never hangout because y'all were always on the road."

"I'm happy that now that we have a break, I have someone to be at home with," he kissed my head.

My head swirled with how much I was in love with him. He had become one of my best friend, both of us knowing everything about each other. We moved fast but it felt right and like we had been together for ages. I wanted to bring up me moving down here in a few months but I was worried about coming off as a crazy girlfriend.

"I'm getting tired of the 2 hour drives just to see each other," I said, trying to ease my way into it.

"Yeah, it kinda sucks since I have to borrow a car or get a ride up there. I feel bad that you're mainly the one coming here."

"Well," I hesitated and sighed, "My apartment lease is up in June and..."

"And what?" He bit his lip and smiled.

"I'm kinda thinking of moving down here. I've been over LA for a while now and I think it'd be nice to have my own place down here. It'd be a lot easier on us."

"I like that idea. I fully support it," he smiled even bigger.

"I had a feeling you would."

Mike pulled me into a tight hug and attacked me with kisses. I couldn't wait to be here full time in a little less than six months. Hopefully things will continue to stay amazing until then.