You Hold Me Down with Your Eyes

t h i r t e e n

It was a few weeks after New Years when Mike decided to come stay with me for a few days. It was fun having him at my place and being able to be as loud as we wanted. Having sex on every square inch of my apartment was even more fun. He helped me book my flight to visit him on tour. I was beyond excited to go on the road with him for five days and celebrate my birthday with him in March.

"I've never felt this way about a guy," I said out loud while I got ready to go on our date.

"Funny, I don't remember the last time I was so in love with a girl before," he smiled.

He sat on the counter watching me do my hair and makeup. I felt comfortable being ugly around him, something I never let anyone I was dating see. He likes the faint freckles on my face that are hidden by my makeup, how my teeth are just a little crooked if you look close enough, he loves every flaw. I unplugged my curling iron and looked myself over one last time.

Mike hopped off the counter and pulled me against him, his hands digging into my back pockets.

"You look gorgeous," he smiled. "I am a lucky motherfucker."

"That you are," I smirked and kissed him.

We went out on a simple date a chain restaurant. Any time spent with Mike was my favorite time. It was nice not being expected to go to all out on dates like I had with past guys. I knew Mike wasn't rolling around in tons of money, which was a relief to me. Other guys I dated were usually trust fund babies or just had a good job, so money was never an issue. Even though it wasn't me paying for it, I still didn't feel comfortable being somewhere where a small meal was more than my cell phone bill.

"So for your birthday, I think I'm gonna just have one of my boys work on your sleeve or whatever you want," he said.

"That would be so rad," my eyes lit up. "Thank you, baby."

"Of course. Anything for my girl," he leaned across the table to kiss me.

•••


Mike left for tour last week and I already missed him being in California. It sucked knowing I couldn't drive a couple hours to hangout with him. I did decide to go hangout with Stephanie and her friends though since I hadn't seen her lately.

Before I left to go back to San Diego after the weekend I met up with one of Mike's friend, Anthony, the one who was going to tattoo me. I pulled up outside his house and saw him sitting on the porch smoking a cigarette. I had met him once or twice before but never really talked to him before.

"Hey, Aubree right?" He said, extending his free hand.

"Yup," I shook his hand and followed him inside.

I sat down on the leather couch as he instructed. He sat down in a chair by me holding a sketch pad. I told him my ideas for adding onto my sleeve. He sketched out some ideas, sketchy the size of my arm for reference. The way he looked at me made me feel slightly uncomfortable but I shrugged it off. I know Mike would never be around someone he didn't trust to take care of me.

"So when are you coming back down here?" Anthony asked.

"Um, I can come down whenever."

He nodded, "Cool, cool."

A short awkward silence filled the living room as we both stared at the Simpsons that played on the flat screen TV. Anthony cleared his throat a few minutes later and stood up.

"You smoke?" He asked.

"Yeah," I smiled.

He grabbed a tray and sat back down. He rolled us a blunt and handed it to me first.

"So how long have you guys been together?" He asked after we finished the swisher.

"About 4 months."

He nodded and continued to make small talk. I was unsure of how to leave without making it feel anymore awkward. I really liked his ideas for my tattoo but I was just getting an odd vibe off of him. Once again, I thought back to knowing Mike trusts him so I should too.

"I need to get going. I have an early morning," I said after looking at my phone and seeing it was nearly 8pm.

"Alright. Well, I'll text you some more sketches and just let me know when you can come down here for it," he walked me to the door.

"Sounds good. Thank you," I hugged him and left.

I stopped at McDonald's since my munchies were killing me. I texted Mike I just left Anthony's but didn't say anything about the awkwardness. Maybe I was overreacting and just not used to being around other guys alone anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapter will be longer.