Status: Complete. Comments would be nice c:

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

The Flavor Of Your Lips Is Enough To Keep Me Here

"Doll?" I shout back, secretly grinning to myself. I grab two mops, and run back out to the front of the shop. He's standing there awkwardly, looking lost and sort of surprised.
"I uh, I meant dude. I never said doll. Said dude." He stuttered, turning completely red. I raised my eyebrows, he knew fine well I didn't believe him in the slightest. I mean, c'mon, who gets doll and dude mixed up. And I'm young, my hearing is perfectly fine.
"Uh huh, sure. Here, help me clean this up." I throw a mop at him and he only just catches it, still not speaking. He was embarrassed. Adorable.

It takes at least ten minutes for us to get all the coffee cleaned up. Gerard wouldn't speak, and every time I tried to make eye contact, he looked away. I didn't like it. It went from adorable-ness, to just a completely awkward silence.
"S-so, how come you stayed here so long?" He looks up, one eyebrow raised. "Not that I didn't, like, want you to stay! But y'know, why?"
"I was writing." He nods over to the sketchpad. "I like going out to write. It gives you more inspiration than just being cooped up indoors."
"Oooh. Can I see!?" I drop my mop, and run towards his table. Of course, it being me, I slip on the coffee and fall completely on top of Gerard. His face is parallel to mine. "S-shit. Sorry." I stutter. He just smiles. I could hear the thudding of my heart, I was sure of it. He looks like he's moving in closer to me, closing his eyes. "I'm still gonna get the sketchpad!" I quickly jump off him and scramble my way over to his table.
"No!" He screams, trying to grab my legs, and missing.

I mentally punch myself for getting up off of him. He was going to kiss me. I was sure he was. And I fucking run. That was typical of me. I'm fine around people, I can flirt, I can make them fall for me. But as soon as they get close, I get so nervous I have to run away. Even with someone like him.

I reach the sketchpad and get a glimpse at what's written before Gerard shuts it, and holds it away from me. It was song lyrics. Which made me like him even more. I can't help but laugh at him. He was soaking wet because I'd fallen on him, which meant he had been lying in cold coffee.
"Aw, c'mon. Lemme see it. You write songs? I do, too, I'm in a band. I won't judge, I bet it's good." He eyes me up and down, reluctantly handing me the book. I squeal and eagerly open it, scanning over the words on the page.

Hand in mine, into your icy blues
And then I'd say to you we could take to the highway
With this trunk of ammunition too
I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets

I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know just how much you mean to me
And after all the things we put each other through

And I would drive on to the end with you
A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full
And I feel like there's nothing left to do
But prove myself to you and we'll keep it running

But this time, I mean it
I'll let you know just how much you mean to me
As snow falls on desert sky
Until the end of everything

I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know how much you mean
As days fade, and nights grow
And we go cold


"Sing it." I state, and Gerard stares at me in complete horror.
"I, no. I don't have a tune or anything." He looks back rather proudly. He thought he'd found an escape. I almost wanted to laugh. I was a guitarist. I'd make him a fucking tune.
"Well, I can make one up for you. But you and I both know you already have one." I smirk, and he glares at me, knowing I was right.
"And what if I refuse?"
"I call Bob and tell him you tried to steal all the money from the cash register. And you do not want to see Bob angry." That look of horror flashes back on his face.
"You're fucking evil."
"Don't I know it, doll. Now, sing."

Gerard grabs the sketchpad out of my hand, and holds it in front of his face, so I couldn't see him. It had been at least thirty seconds, and he hadn't sung one word. I was just about to go and grab my phone to use it as a threat. Then he sang the first line.

I was pretty sure my mouth had dropped open, but I didn't care. His voice was just perfect. Not even words could explain. Even without music, or any sort of help, he was amazing. The song just fitted him. It was beautiful and dark all at the same time. You could tell it was going to be an amazing song, even though it wasn't even finished yet. I was incredibly irritated at myself for disturbing him, he could've finished the lyrics. I couldn't even speak by the time Gerard had stopped singing. He took one look at my face and looked like he was choking. His cheeks were going redder by the second.
"Oh my God. It's terrible isn't it?" Gerard cries.
"N-no. It's fucking beautiful. How, how did you write that?" I stutter, staring at him in awe.
"Oh. I, uh. I don't know. Just comes out, I guess. I'm into dark stuff, so." He trails off, a small smile gracing his face.
"It's amazing. You in a band or something?"
"Well, kinda. Not really official. But, my brother came up with a name and stuff. My Chemical Romance. We might try and get some stuff out, so look out for us, I guess." I wanted to scream. That was the most amazing band name ever. And they had the most amazing song ever. And the most amazing lead singer ever.
I was almost squealing, he looked slightly freaked out. "You gotta get some stuff out, seriously!"
He chuckles, and then everything falls silent. "You got anymore songs written?" I grab the sketchpad and turn the page. There was no song lyrics, but there was some drawings. Gerard tries to pull it away, but I get up and run away before he can reach me. Not only was he a great singer, he could fucking draw. And best of all, the drawings were of me.

The first one was a little cartoon of me screaming at the coffee machine, looking very pissed off. The second was drawn in the same style, with me pouring coffee over Jenny's head. And the third was drawn differently. More real looking, and it wasn't colored in. Just a black and white sketch. It showed Gerard and I. I was hugging him, and he was kissing my forehead gently, his arms wrapped around my waist. That was definitely my favorite drawing. Before I could make a comment, he grabs the drawings and moves away.
"I should, uh, get going. I think. It's late, and I'm wet." He heads for the door, and I scream on the inside. He couldn't walk away now. He was seconds away from kissing me, he'd sang for me, he drew us kissing for God's sake. He must like me, why would he walk away.

"Wait!" I cry out, not really aware of what I was saying.
"What?" Gerard turns back, letting go of the door handle.
"I- uhm. I." I walk up and put my arms around his neck, which made me notice how small I really was when I had to stand on my tip toes, and press my forehead against his. I close my eyes and secretly cross my fingers, hoping he doesn't walk away. Then I kiss him, and he kisses back. He puts his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him.
"I guess I can stay a little longer." Gerard grins, and bites my lip.
I pull away and walk towards the door. "Hey, where you going?" He almost whimpers.
"Relax, I'm just locking the door, and putting the shutters down. Unless you'd like people to watch." He smiles in realization, and nods.

Everything was darker now. All the lights were off apart from the one in the back. I could only vaguely make out Gerard's shadow as his hands gripped my waist again. He pulled me onto a table, so that I was on top of him again. I plant kisses down his neck while trying to pull off his shirt. He groans quietly.
"W-wait? Aren't you gonna get fired for this? I m-mean if Bob comes in in the morning, and we're...Y'know."
"You know what, Gerard?" I bite down on his neck hard, and he moans loudly.
"What, Frank?" He says, almost breathlessly.
"You're worth it."
♠ ♠ ♠
There, I posted it. Are you happy, Jenna?

Hmmph. I kinda think I messed up the ending. It was fun to write anyways.
Comments make me smile.