Kissing Shadows

We All Came Here to Have a Good Time, Right?

I woke up the next morning, head spinning. I stumbled out of bed and immediately stripped the sheets from my bed, I threw them in the hamper.
I'll just wash the vomit out of them later.

I looked around at my messy room, contemplating on whether to clean it up or not. I decided to see if I got any new messages on her phone before I did anything.

1 New Message
I opened up the message and read what it said.

Hey bitch. You're finally gonna throw that fucking party!? Hell yes, I'll be there at 3 so we can set up and shit, see you in a bit. <3 -Keith

My head whipped around to look at the clock, it read 1:20.
Oh shit..

I ran into the bathroom, ripped my clothes off an threw them in the hamper. Turning the faucet on, I looked at myself in the mirror.
My eyes were outrageously smudged with black; My hair was thick and wavy, riddled through with knots
My reflection became blurred and incomprehensible as the steam came. I shook my head and walked in the shower, taking time to wash and condition my hair with the vanilla shampoo and conditioner I bought last week.
I decided that I wanted to smell like vanilla all over. So I used vanilla everything, vanilla body wash, vanilla lotion and vanilla body spray.
I brushed my hair and my teeth, then walked into my room wrapped in a towel.

What to wear.. What to wear.

It was supposed to be warm today, so I decided on blue jean shorts, A black Monster pullover, and black flip flops.

It was around two o'clock. I figured I could take my time with my hair and make up.
I texted Keith first.

Don't forget to bring your party clothes, your pajamas, and your working clothes. Because you're sleeping over. Kk? xD

When I was all done straightening my hair and doing my makeup, the doorbell rang.

Like clockwork.

I smiled and ran downstairs to open the door.

"Hey smut."
"Hey whore."
We hugged and went upstairs.
As soon as Keith opened the door, he turned on me.
"Why is your room not clean?"
"Because I woke up like an hour and a half ago..?"
"No excuse!" he shouted.
Then he began cleaning like there was no tomorrow....for maids.

Fifteen minutes later, my room was spotless.

I plopped myself down on the rug, and retrieved my purple box from under my bed.
"And this is why you need to move in with me." I smirked.

Keith shook his head, "This is going to be so much fun! Your first fucking party! Whoo!" Keith fist pumped for a moment, then realized that he looked completely idiotic.
"I'm just gonna start rolling now. I refuse to do hard labor sober." Keith laughed along with me.

Puff, Puff, Pass.

Puff, Puff, Cough, Pass

We kept on in that formation until we were on the floor laughing our asses off. I loved Keith's giggle when he's high.
We stumbled downstairs and I ran to the stereo, blasting the hip hop station. We danced for what seemed like hours until I realized that we had to set up.
"Let the furniture moving commence!" I declared in a royal manner.

We started in the living room, moving the couches to the sides, making room for a decent dance floor in the middle, considering my living room was huge.

The dining room didn't need to be fixed much, I decided to just take off the table cloth and let the party goers do as they will with the table.

The back porch. I had a pool, so I'd have to call the pool cleaning guy tomorrow. No problem.
"Hey! We should put balloons in the pool!" Keith said, jumping up and down.
I shrugged, why not?

We blew up over 50 balloons, and threw them all in the pool. It looked fucking awesome.

"Good idea, Keithy."

We went back into the kitchen, the munchies getting the best of us.
"What've we got?" I said as I watched Keith raid my kitchen.
"Nothing! You've got food, but not enough munchie foods! We must go to the store if you're planning on having a party with a bunch of drunks and potheads." Keith said.
"But, I am having a party with a bunch of drunks and potheads.."
"Then to the store we go!" Keith tossed me my keys.

We got into my yellow Camry and drove down to the supermarket.
We both got our own carts and sped off in opposite directions.
I went to go and get all my favorite munchie foods, knowing that Keith would probably only get candy.
Smartfood popcorn, potato chips, Tostitos, Queso dip, Cherry Dr. Pepper, Doritos, String cheese, Pop-Tarts, five cases of Red Bull, and five cases of Monster...

I found Keith in the bakery, ordering a party sized sheet cake. "I love you Keith." was my only reaction.
We went to the cash register, and held back from laughing at the cashier's face.

$352.89

I gave her my credit card and we raced each other to the car with the carts.

"I WIN, BITCH!" I shouted, doing my happy dance.
"Why in the hell did we make that bet that whoever lost had to put all the bags away?!"
"Stop complaining and get to work, we can go to Taco Bell man!"
He stopped complaining after that.

We went through drive through, When we got to the window we saw Courtney, a friend of a friend.
"Hey Courtney!"
"Hey Andy!" She smiled and handed me my food, I gave her my credit card and waited for her to come back.
"So Courtney, what are you doing tonight?" I asked.
"Eh, nothing, I have no plans, I'm gonna be so bored tonight. Why? You got something going on?"
"Yeah. I'm throwing a party at my house tonight. Wanna go?"
"Hell yes! When?"
"What time is it? 6? Be there at 7 or 8. Tell Josselyn, I'm sure she'll get the word around."
"No problem, and I'm sure she will. Should I bring anything?"
"Try and bring a bottle, that's all we really need. And if anyone wants to bring some bud, that's cool too. See you tonight!"

With that I drove off, Invites are done.

Keith and I got to the house at 6:15. We brought in the groceries and went up to my room.

I turned to Keith, "I need a shower. I'm all sweaty. But those blunts need to be rolled before everyone gets here. Could you do that for me please?"
Keith sighed, "Fine, But I'm going in right after you're done. How much are you using for tonight?"
"I already measured out an ounce for the party, so that should make about 14."
Keith shook his head and got to work. I went into the bathroom to take another shower.

I washed off all of my make up, washed my hair again, and went through the vanilla process once more.
When I got out, Keith ran past me into the bathroom.
"I SMELL LIKE WEED!"
I laughed and put on some sweats and a bra, I hadn't decided what to wear yet.
I went to my closet,
I wasn't going to wear a dress, I wasn't going to wear jeans, hmm... What to wear? Ooh, I love these shorts! I'm totally wearing these.
I held up a pair of white denim, frayed shorts. I knew I didn't have a shirt in my closet that I'd want to wear, so I went to my parents room.

Their grandiose decor was very depressing. You could tell that my mother had picked out the bed spread, because it was draped in lavish violet silk.
I opened the doors to their walk in closet, and shook my head.
The closet was ridiculous, too big for just two people.
I walked over to my dad's side of the closet, knowing that he won't have a thousand things with sequins and sparkles on them.
I was going for a dress shirt or a button up, so I passed all of his 'Going-Out' shirts, and all of his dinner shirts. I got all the way to the hidden section. The 'Mom's-Out-Of-Town-So-I-Can-Bum-Out-All-Weekend-Long' section.
I found so many cool shirts, that I wondered where Iwas when mom was out of town.
I finally decided on a red flannel button up shirt. It was two sizes too big for me, but that was the point.
I rolled the sleeves up to my elbows, and tied the shirt at the bottom.
I put on black and white high tops, straightened my hair and did my make up.

Keith and I were basically ready by 7:12. Well, that's when people started showing up.

There were about ten people at the door, one of them had a keg. "Hey!" I smiled and let them all in, I sure as hell wasn't about to drink what they brought.

People kept pouring in, I knew about half of them. I was tempted to tell them all to get the hell out of my house, but it was my first party, and I wasn't about to let myself ruin it.

I pulled Keith to the side, "Bring down what you rolled, and in my purple box, there's a small ring box wrapped in pink plastic wrap. Bring that to me."
Keith nodded and ran upstairs, a few seconds later the small box was in my hand. I put in my front pocket, deciding I'd use it later to spice up the party.

I told Keith to light up one for himself to share with whomever he'd like. And I'd light one up for myself, and share it with whoever I actually know.

I found my friends Shane, Lauren, Vermin, Tommy, and Cassie all sitting on the couch.
"Guys! What's up!" I shouted, standing in front of them, I took a few hits then passed it to Shane, who did the same and passed it down the line.
"Nothing girl! We heard you were having a party, so we like, ran over. Ha ha." Lauren was already high off her ass, giggling like a maniac.
"Awh! I love you guys. Hey, meet me in the guest room at midnight." I whispered loud enough for them to hear. I had no idea why I had said that, but I'll find a reason before midnight, I'm sure.

I looked around for Keith, he was wearing his skinny jeans and a 'Sorry For Partying' tank top. I had no idea where he was though.
I decided it was drink making time.
"HEY! Where are the drinks!?" Some random person yelled.
I yelled right back, "There's a keg in the living room! Go and drink that!"

If anyone wants hard liquor, they can find it themselves, damn.

I got out a can of red bull, some 90 proof vodka, and my neon green drinking cup. Mixed it all together, then I went to go mingle.

I heard the music that was playing and frowned. "No pop bullshit in my house." I muttered to myself as I changed the playlist, 'Freaky Bitch' Was the playlist that I wanted.
Reggae started to play, the bass was pounding, and the rhythm was sexy.
I started to dance, I didn't give a fuck if I was dancing alone.

The air began to get heavier, and the temperature started to rise, I could tell that people joined in on the dance floor.

I looked around at all he dancing bodies, I was happy that everyone seemed to be having a good time; But I wasn't.

I chugged the rest of my drink and looked for someone to talk to. I spotted a boy sitting on the stairs in the middle of a crowd of girls. Black hair covered some of his face, he was wearing ripped skinny jeans and grey long sleeved shirt with white lining. I've never seen this kid before, I wondered who invited him.

Either way, he was cute, and he caught my attention.

I made my way over to him as I heard I Can't Stop Partying by Weezer come on the stereo.
"Excuse me ladies, I'm going to have to steal him away for a moment." I said with a smirk, I held my hand out for him to take, and surprisingly he did, gratefully it seemed.
I pulled him outside, to the patio by the pool.
"Thanks, I thought I was going to suffocate." He said smiling, showing off a set of perfectly white teeth.
"No problem, I'm Andy."
"Malachi."
"Malachi? I like that." I grinned as I lit a cigarette.

"ANDY-POO! GIMME A BOGIE!" I heard Keith yell in the distance.
I sighed and turned around, Keith was just coming into the kitchen, "Come here and get it yourself you lazy ass." I said laughing.
He ran over to me and to the pack of cigarettes that were in my hand, he took one and put it between his lips, he took another one and put it behind his ear.
Keith finally noticed who I was standing with, "And who might this cutie be?" he slurred.
"Keith, Malachi. Malachi, Keith. Keith's gay by the way, and very drunk." Keith pinched my arm and I laughed.
Malachi laughed at us, hen raise his hand for Keith to shake, "Hi, I'm Malachi, straight person. No offense."
Keith shook his hand flirtatiously, I must have forgotten that Keith never cares if someone's gay or straight. He's very persistent.

"No matter, would you like to smoke a blunt with us? If you smoke of course.." Malachi laughed, but nodded. I was surprised, but glad all the same.

"Let's go up to my room." I dragged Keith, who dragged Malachi along with me up the stairs.
"What time is it?" I asked, remembering telling the group to meet me in the guest room at midnight.
Malachi answered, "It's about 11:59, midnight. Why?"
"Oh shit, never mind, to the guest room. Tally ho!"
"Onward!"
Keith and I ran superman style to the guest room, Malachi followed suit, laughing the whole way.

When we got in the guest room, the lights were on and I saw Shane, Lauren, Vermin, Tommy, and Cassie sitting in a circle, smoking their cigarettes and sipping on their drinks.
"Finally!" They all greeted us.

"Let's party?" I asked.
Everyone nodded with a smile on their face. Shane cleared his throat, "Okay, should we have the Sexy Smoke? Or the Hazy Smoke?"
I gave him the 'Are-You-Stupid?' look, "Both, duh."
Everyone voiced their agreement and Shane began to pass both around.

A half an hour later I ended up laying with my head on Malachi's lap, Lauren was playing with Cassie's hair, Vermin and Keith were fascinated by each others shirts, and And Shane and Tommy were both laying down and laughing at the ceiling fan.

All of the sudden Cassie shouted, "Let's play Truth or Dare!"
"Hell yes!"
"Eh, why not?"
"Fuck yeah!"
"Sure"
"Awesome idea!"
"No more stripping dares."
"Fuck that, If you get dared to strip, you strip bitch." Lauren said to Tommy.

I laughed, "Cassie, you go first."

Cassie cleared her throat, "Vermin, truth or dare."
"Truth."
Cassie sighed, "Pussy. Ugh, have you ever kissed a guy?"
Vermin looked around, puffed out his chest, and said "Yes. And you can't ask who."
"Who."
"Fuck you Cassie! Andy, truth or dare?"
"Hmm, dare."
"I dare you, to close your eyes for fifteen seconds, and not move no matter what anyone does to you."
"This seems kind of perverted, don't you think?"
"Nope."
"Fine! But no boob-age, or anything below the belt, for me or any of you."
"Deal. Start the clock, close your eyes."

I squeezed my eyes shut.

I heard whispering and rustling, then someone touched my hair.
There was more rustling and moving, then I felt a soft pair of lips against mine, moving slowly and sweetly. Just a sweet, soft, simple kiss.
Then they were gone, "Time's up!"
I opened my eyes, and no one was near me. "Who-"
"Uh-Uh, no asking." Vermin said.
I smirked. "Ok, fine. Since I'm not allowed to know who did it. Everyone has to do my dare."
Everyone groaned but silently agreed.
"Good, now. Everyone close their eyes. No ones allowed to move or open their eyes for fifteen seconds. No. Matter. What. I. Do." Everyone nodded and closed their eyes.
I took the box from my pocket, and swiftly removed the plastic wrap. I took out eight or the heart shaped pills and put them in my palm.
I went to Lauren first, I opened her mouth, placed the pill on her tongue and whispered in her ear to swallow, and she did.
I wen around the room doing that, until there was only one pill left in my hand. I had never tried these before. Thy were new, I had just gotten them a week ago and I was saving them for a special occasion. this just seemed the perfect time to put them to use.
I swallowed the pill with a smile on my face.

Hey, we all came here to have a good time, Right?

"Time's Up."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea if this chapter will make reader's want to know what happened. or just stop reading this story altogether. I hope for the best.

<3 Comment & Subscribe <3