Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

thirty

Things have gotten pretty crazy for me. I did it to myself though, and currently, I’m sitting on a plane next to Zacky, on our way to New York.

But before we get to that, let’s back up to the scene that got us to this point.

-------------------------------------------------

Here I am, walking with my dad on the beach; down the aisle to the man I’m going to marry. I love Caleb, but there is that one person who accidently has a piece of it. He’s sitting in the second row, while he watches his wife be my maid of honor. I finally made it to Caleb, and he looked just in awe of me. I felt like throwing up. I knew it wasn’t the baby this time, but the nerves at what was going to happen.

“I love you,” he whispered, taking my hands.

“I love you too.”

I’m such a liar.

“Friends we gather here to give our blessing to a bond that growing love and respect has created between this man and this woman. They meet here publicly to affirm their promise and covenant to be husband and wife to each other. The feeling of unity between Caleb and Baylee which we here recognize and honor is an emotion that this couple has created out of self-searching and joyful sharing. Their allegiance to each other has grown slowly. So the feelings to which they witness now both unite and liberate them. They base these feelings on love, on mutual respect and acceptance. They base them on the reasonableness of an open mind, and upon the strong belief that the wisdom and insights of a man and woman, which might falter separately, can endure and deepen together. The marriage that they meet here to pledge is also an ever continuing process, never a finished action. Their relationship will grow deeper through sensitive, humble self-knowledge and through honest opinions and emotions freely communicated. So it is our hope for you both that in all areas of your life together you will weave a durable fabric of mutual consolation and support and of help in time of trouble.”

I bit my lip, out of nervousness, and guilt.

“Caleb and Baylee have prepared their own vows, Caleb, repeat after me: Because of you, I laugh, I smile, I dare to dream again.
I look forward with great joy to spending the rest of my
life with you, caring for you, nurturing you, being there for you in all life
has for us, and I vow to be true and faithful for as long
as we both shall live.”

Caleb repeated his words, and then the pastor turned to me, “Baylee, repeat after me: I love you. You are my best friend.
Today I give myself to you in marriage.
I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you,
and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.
I promise to love you in good times and in bad,
when life seems easy and when it seems hard,
when our love is simple, and when it is an effort.
I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard
These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life.”

The pastor then told us to slip the rings on each other’s fingers, “If anyone objects the joining of this man and this woman, speak now or forever hold your peace.”

It was quiet for about five seconds before I heard a very familiar woman scream, “WAIT!”

I thought it would be Zacky saying wait, and I knew he was ready to get up and stop the wedding, but she beat him to it. It was Michelle, and the gears were turning in my head. She had to know that the baby was Zacks….remember when I said we weren’t alone on the patio?

Fuck.

“I’m so sorry Caleb,” she called as she got up to us.

He looked at her funny, not knowing what she was talking about for a minute.

“It seems Baylee hasn’t been completely honest with two of the people she should have never have lied to.”

“What?” Caleb asked.

Michelle sighed, “Baylee has been cheating on you with Zacky for the last few months. I’m really sorry you had to find out this way, but she’s just as much a traitor as her best friend was when she was alive. You have ruined another relationship. You should never be happy. And that baby she is carrying? It’s Zacks. I heard it with my own ears.”

“Is this true?” Caleb asked, his voice wavering, and hurt was written all over his face.

I looked down, “Yes.”

He shook his head, “How could you?! I love you Baylee, and bringing a baby into this shit?!”

“I’m sorry. It just…happened. I fell in love with him.”

“It just happened?! Go fuck yourself.”

I watched through teary eyes as he walked away from me. I was embarrassed to say the least, and fearful of what Gena would do to me.

I turned and looked at Gena, and I saw Zacky out of the corner of my eye. Both of our families, and all of our guests were sitting in their seats, mouths agape at what had just happened.

“HOW COULD YOU?! BOTH OF YOU! I loved you Zacky, I married you for heaven’s sake, and you…you stupid conniving crazy cunt! I trusted you. I befriended you. I…I hope both of you have a nice life in hell,” Gena said, throwing her bouquet down on the sand, and running off. The other girls just stood there, before shaking their heads at us, and running off after Gena.

“I..I’m sorry,” I called out to everyone, before I slipped out of my shoes, and took off to the opposite side of the beach. I found the first secluded spot, and just collapsed.

How could I have let this happen? I never should have let him kiss me that night, and I never should have kissed back. I never should have let it continue on after that night. I never should have had sex with him in the bathroom. If I hadn’t, this baby would be Caleb’s and Zack wouldn’t have a reason to stick around.

I have fucked everything up.

“BAYLEE?!”

Zacky.

“GO AWAY!”

“Baylee, please? I’ve been looking for you for over an hour now. Everyone is worried.”

I snorted, “Yeah, probably wanting to kick my ass.”

“No one wants to do that, and besides they can’t because you’re pregnant.”

“Hah, yeah right. I’m sure pregnant or not, they would all take a turn at me.”

“I think Michelle knew something was up between us, and she followed us out on the patio the other day.”

I just sighed, “You wouldn’t even be here if I wasn’t pregnant with your baby.”

“That is not true. You know I love you, and if Michelle wouldn’t have been the one to out us, it would have been me. Either way, we would have been together. I love you Baylee. I love everything about you. The way you smile, laugh, and the way you bite your lip every time you’re nervous. You love photography, and you try to live your life the way you want. You can’t tell me that you would have been happy with him? Being the wife of a lawyer…..and being around all of those uppity people?”

“Whatever Zack….ugh, I love you too. You do make me feel so much different than Caleb ever will. I feel free when I’m with you, it’s crazy. I wish I would have met you before you married her, and before I got too serious with him. It would have been perfect. Now, your friends and family will hate me forever…not to mention mine aren’t going to be very happy with me at all. I can hear my mom already saying she raised me better than that.”

“They will get over it eventually.”

I sighed, “You know I did love him a lot….and sometimes, I wish all of this never happened.”

I looked up at him, and his jaw tightened, “So none of this meant anything to you?”

“That’s not what I meant.”

“What the fuck ever…”

It got quiet.

“Please don’t leave me too,” I whispered, and let a few tears fall.

He sat down next to me on the rock and wrapped his arms around me, “Oh BB, I’d never leave you. Sh, it’s going to be okay.”

I started sobbing all over him. He kissed my cheek, and rubbed my arms to get me to calm down.

“Let’s get out of here, yeah?”

“And go where?” I hiccupped from crying so much. It made Zacky laugh.

“New York?”

“Seriously?”

“Yes.”

I climbed off the rock, and grabbed his hand, “Let’s get the fuck out of here.”

And that’s how we got to where we are now, me in my wedding dress, and Zack in a tux.

I can’t tell you how many people looked at us like we were crazy.

“When we get to New York, we will get you some clothes to change into,” Zack laughed.

“Ugh, I’m a mess. Everyone was looking at us.”

“Oh well, I don’t give a fuck,” he smirked.

“Zack…you’re crazy.”

“That’s why you love me.”

“Of course.”

A few hours later, we landed in New York. First order of business, find warmer clothes. I got jeans, a few shirts, bra/underwear, pajamas and a jacket. Zacky got him a few shirts, pants, boxers, pajamas and a jacket.

Then we went to a hotel, and pretty much crashed onto the bed after we changed. He had his arms wrapped around me, and his hand landed on my stomach.

“I can’t believe we have a baby in there.”

I laughed, “Oh me either, this baby is going to be the death of me.”

He just laughed, and then he grabbed his phone. We had them turned off all day. I had stuck mine in one of my garters just so I had it with me at all times.

I had at least 100 missed calls, tons of texts and voicemails. Zacky had about the same.

“Let’s turn them off again until tomorrow. We will deal with it then, okay?”

I just nodded, and curled into his side before falling asleep.

The next morning was hell.

As soon as I turned my phone back on, it rang.

Mom<3

“BAYLEE CHANTAL BEST, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?”

I had to hold the phone away from my ear, and I still heard her plain as day.

“Mom, stop yelling.”

“Baylee, what is going on? Caleb has been drinking all night. Your friend Gena is a mess. Hell, all your friends but Brian is shocked, which leads me to believe that he knew about it. Your dad and I raised you better than this…than some common whore who goes around sleeping with married men, and cheats on their own fiancé, and then gets themselves pregnant with said married man’s baby.”

I was in tears by this point.

“I’m sorry mom, I screwed up, and I know I handled this the wrong way. I should have ended it with Caleb before things got too serious.”

“Yeah, you should have, but you didn’t. Now, you have made your bed and have to lie in it. I don’t want any part of your child’s life. I’m so disappointed in you.”

“You don’t mean that? Don’t disown my baby just because you’re pissed at me. You were happy about me being pregnant.”

“Until I found out it wasn’t Caleb’s baby. I may be able to deal with your child, but right now, I need some time.”

I heard the dial tone. I don’t even want to hear what my dad has to stay. It broke my heart enough to hear that she was disappointed in me.

“Any luck on your end?” I asked as Zacky came back in from the balcony.

“No, everyone is pissed at me except for Brian. Well, he is a bit because we let it go this far, but he’s trying to calm everyone down.”

I sighed, “We have to go back.”

“We will in a few days. Let’s just enjoy this time together and let things cool down.”

I nodded, “how are we going to deal with everything?”

“I’m going to talk to Gena when we go home, and I’m gonna ask for a divorce.”

“Okay.”

That was the end of that conversation, and all I wanted to do was get everything over with, now.

I went back to California with Zack, and I waited out in the car as he talked to Gena. I heard them screaming at each other, and I saw her push him out the door.

“She already had the papers drawn up. She got it done fast, and she’s taking me for everything I have…even my damn dogs.”

“What?...You have had Icky for a really long time. She can’t have him.”

He shook his head, “I will fight her for Icky and Majesty. She can’t have them.”

“I’m sorry babe.”

“It’s alright.”

“I need to find out where all my shit is from the hotel.”

“As far as I know, Brian has it all at his house.”

“Oh bless his heart. Seriously, I owe him big for doing that for me.”

“Brian has been like your brother since you guys met, of course he’s going to do anything for you.”

We ended up staying at Brian’s that night just because we didn’t have anywhere else to go.

I know things are going to get worse before they get better, but I know with Zacky, I feel like I can do anything, and I know he is going to be a great dad.

-----------------------------------

I sighed as l looked at Zacky, holding our baby girl. She was born two weeks ago, April 18th at ten am. She was six pounds, 6 ounces, and 19 inches long.

Right now, I have an apartment in Huntington Beach, and Zacky is still fighting over stuff with Gena six months later. Once everything is settled, Zacky is going to buy a new house. She took his house.

“The guys want us to come over later with Mia,” Zacky said, as he burped her.

“They don’t want me there, just you and the baby, and that’s fine. I know they hate me.”

“Baylee, they don’t hate you.”

“Yeah, they do. They all do, and it’s okay. I don’t blame them. You go, and show off Mia, and I’ll relax a little until you come home.”

“Are you sure?”

I just nodded. Zacky got ready while I got Mia ready, and then they left.

It was nice to have a night to myself. I haven’t been able to do that much because I had to have an emergency c-section because Mia was in distress.

Zacky is an amazing father, even though we have had to go through hell, I love him, and I want to be with him forever.

Caleb actually called me when he found out I had Mia. He was glad she was okay, and he forgave me, but he said he didn’t want to talk to me ever again after that conversation. We talked for a bit though. I tried to apologize, but he wouldn’t let me talk. He just had things to say, and I had to let him speak. I broke his heart, which that was evident.

He said that he wished I would have just broken it off with him. It would have hurt less for him, and for Gena. He feels sorry for her, and hopes she takes Zacky for everything, which I told him she is, and he said good. We didn’t talk much after that, and then we hung up.

I told Zacky he called, he wasn’t pleased with it, but he got over it.

All I know is that once everything is settled, things will go back to normal, I hope. I’ve learned a lot these past couple of years.

After losing Crystal, I felt like my whole world fell apart, and I thought all of us were just invincible to everything, but that’s not true. I did love Caleb, but for some reason, I love Zacky more. He’s the light in my life; he gives me something more than life. And now that we have a daughter together, things will get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eight pages.
Well, this is the end of Baylee's journey. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Thank you to everyone who has commented and read this story. I really appreciate it.
<3