Status: Finished. <3

And We're Nothing Short of Invincible

six

The past few months have flown by, and it’s already the day after Thanksgiving. Yesterday was pretty fun. Crystal, her family, and Caleb and his family joined us for a big Thanksgiving dinner, which Crystal and her family do every year, but Caleb is now living with me, so it worked out.

Yeah, he’s living with me. He wanted me to move into a fancy apartment with him, but I just couldn’t leave my apartment. It’s cozy and quiet, even though it’s my parent’s garage apartment

“You feeling better baby?” Caleb asked as he walked out of the bathroom, after having a shower.

“Yeah, I think I just ate way too much yesterday.”

“Probably so.”

I sat down on the couch, and he sat next to me, wrapping his arms around me.

“Did Crystal end it with Brian?”

“She said she did, but I don’t know.”

“I think it’s pretty shitty what they are doing, but it’s none of my business.”

I shrugged, “Well, Crys already knows what I think about it, so oh well…”

“I guess so. Anyway, I’ve been thinking about things…” Caleb trailed off.

I gave him a horrified look.

He laughed, “It’s nothing bad at all, I promise.”

“Okay….”

“Well, what would you say if I told you I wanted to marry you?”

I stopped playing with my hair, and just looked at him with an open mouth. Is he proposing or just asking what I would think? I didn’t answer him right away.

“Baylee?”

“Um, well, I’d say yes. I love you Caleb, and I wouldn’t mind being your wife.”

That made him smile, “Well, good.” He picked up a box that I hadn’t even noticed sitting on the coffee table.

“Now, this isn’t an engagement ring, it’s your promise ring. I know it’s kind of cheesy, but I wanted you to have something you could wear so you knew that I promised to marry you one day.” He opened the box, and slid the ring on my finger.

Well, fuck me sideways and call me a bitch, if this is my promise ring, I’d love to see what my engagement ring will look like.

“Damn, it’s beautiful Caleb.”

“Beautiful ring for a beautiful and amazing woman.”

I kissed him, and that led us going into my bedroom and getting it on. Let me tell you, I didn’t answer the phone, the door or anything that night. We did it all night long, and we both enjoyed it, damn it.

The next morning, I was having breakfast with my parents.

“So, what’s with the ring?” Daddy asked, giving me a look.

“It’s just a promise ring, daddy, don’t worry. Momma, do you want some orange juice?”

She nodded and I handed her a glass.

“A promise ring?” she asked.

“Mhmm. I’m pretty sure I’m going to marry him one day.”

“Well, we already consider him a part of the family, just like Crystal is part of the family.”

“Good.”

I love having breakfast with them. After breakfast, I went back to the apartment, and Crystal came over because Caleb had to work.

“So, he gave you a promise ring?”

I nodded, shoving my hand in her face.

“It’s really pretty BB. I’m happy for you.”

“Thanks girl….so, uh, what’s going on with you? You disappeared for awhile on Thanksgiving.”

She bit her lip, “Eh, I was talking to Brian…”

“What?! You told me you ended things with him.”

“I tried, but Baylee, I love him.”

“Ugh, you don’t love him. He’s married for fuck’s sake.”

“He loves me too.”

“He’s lying to you and Michelle. You need to end this shit before you get hurt.”

“Whatever Baylee. If you can’t be more supportive of me, then I don’t want to be around you. Fuck you.”

I was about to cry, “Crystal! Wait!”

I tried to stop her before she walked out of the apartment, but all she did was flip me off.

I have never fought with her like that…ever. I mean, yeah, we’ve had squabbles, but she’s my best friend, my sister. I’m such a bitch. I’m just worried about her.

I texted her and told her I was sorry, and that I loved her.

It’s now December first, and I haven’t heard from since the day we had our fight. I really miss her. Caleb even stayed home from work to comfort me. I was about to go to her house when I got a text from her.

I’m sorry about being a bitch. I love you sis. I’ll be over soon.

I’m sorry too. I love you too. See you soon.

I wish I would have known that Saturday would have been the last day I’d ever see her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this probably would have been out earlier, but I've been battling a stomach virus.

Let me know what you guys think.
I've got up to chapter eleven ready to post, and I'm working on twelve, but I'm having trouble with it.
Maybe I can work it out tonight.