Status: Hiatus

Catch Me When I Fall

Big Time...what?

I saw my reflection in the mirror as I inhaled the coffee scent that’s coming out from the outside. I grabbed my bag from my desk and walked out of my room and to the lounge room. The TV was on and there’s a bowl of cereal with a glass of chocolate milk beside the bowl on the coffee table. I smiled at the view and put my bag on the couch. I heard my roommate’s singing voice from the kitchen as I inhaled the great scent of pancake.

“Somebody’s really in a good mood today,” I said as I sat on one of the stools and propped my elbow on the island, watching Ally making breakfast, “What’s the reason?”

“It’s a beautiful morning. You have no reason to not be happy!” she said as she finished making pancakes and put the pancakes on the plates. We had breakfast and chatted together until we heard footsteps coming from the lounge.

“Hey! You already woke up!” Diana’s cheerful voice echoed through the room as she put her bowl and glass on the sink and washed it. I smiled at her as I continued to eat my pancake peacefully.

Ella!” Diana shouted at me, scaring the hell out of me, and my eyes shot at her, “you did it again!” she said in a ‘duh’ tone.

“What?” I asked in confusion and shared a look with Ally. Ally shrugged her shoulders at me and I turned to look at Diana again.

She sighed heavily before saying, “You braid your hair in a wrong way!” she said and I sighed in relief. I chuckled as she moved to stand behind me so she could fix my hair.

“I thought you’re gonna say something that could make me pass out or something.” I said to Diana and I could feel she was rolling her eyes at my words.

“I have never seen you pass out before and am not planning to make you pass out,” she replied, “it’s done!” she said from behind my back and I jumped off of the stool so I could face her. I murmured a ‘thanks’ to her before starting to wash the dishes.

“So, I assume we have a lot of work to do for today?” I started at Ally and she shrugged her shoulders at me.

“I think so. Emma called me earlier this morning. She said there’s a concert we have to attend this evening and next week in New York.” Ally answered as she watched me washing the dishes.

“Girls!! Chad called me that I have to take over Jackie’s show this morning. So, we’ll meet again at dinner?” Diana said as she passed Ally and I in the kitchen.

“Yeah. I guess. Just call me or Ella at 8. If we’re still in the office around that time, just come to the office so we can have dinner together.” Ally suggested and I nodded at her.

“Okay. See you guys later!!” Diana shouted through the room before rushing out of the apartment. Ally, Diana, and I shared this apartment together. It’s too big for Ally so she wanted to share it with me and Diana. We shared the payment too. Okay, we shared everything actually.

“You ready?” I asked Ally as I walked to the lounge to grab my bag.

“I was born to be ready!” Ally teased and I rolled my eyes playfully at her.

“And I was born this way. Thank you.” I teased back and she chuckled at me.

“Ha! Nice one there.” She said before we walked out of the apartment and headed to the office. Huh. So, Ally and I are working in the same office. Well, we work in a magazine actually. It’s a teen magazine. Emma’s family owned it and now, Emma is the editor of this magazine. Ally and I work together a lot because we kind of have a same passion in music. We always go to a concert together and take pictures for the magazine. Well, actually, Ally takes the pictures while I do the interview with the band or artist and write the concert review for the magazine. It’s such an interesting job because we gotta travel around the States for doing our job.

As we arrived at the office, Alice greeted us. Alice is working with us too, but the different is she does the interview with actress and actor. She never complains about her job because she said that it’s more fun than Ally and I’s job. And she happened to be Taylor Lautner’s ‘best friend’. But the others and I were totally sure that there’s something going on between them.

“How’s Taylor?” I asked Alice and glanced at Ally as we walked to our desk. Alice’s desk is just a few feet away from mine and Ally’s and that made me us really close. Actually, we all friends since junior high school.

“He’s busy these few weeks and I haven’t met him for about 2 weeks.” Alice pouted and I gave her an encouraging smile.

“If you miss him, then why don’t you visit him on the set? He must be very happy with that.” Ally suggested and I agreed with her.

“I really want to. But Emma won’t be so happy if I leave my job for a few days just because I really wanna meet Taylor,” Alice said, “I hope he can make time so we can meet and talk.” She added and sighed heavily.

“Awh, I’m sure you can meet him really soon. Don’t worry.” I patted her shoulder and sat on my seat. With that, I started to do my job peacefully, writing a concert review about Allstar Weekend’s concert last week.

“Girls!!” Emma’s voice echoed through the large room and she earned some looks from the other co-workers. She was smiling so wide. Um, I wonder what’s happening with her again today. It might be already lunch time because she could walk out of her office without any rush.

“Have any reasons why you’re smiling ear to ear like that, Em?” I asked her and turned my gaze from the computer screen.

“Of course!! I always have reasons for anything!” she said in a ‘duh’ tone, making me and Ally to roll our eyes playfully.

“Just tell us, please.” Ally and Alice said in unison, causing us to giggle.

“Remember when I told you guys about the big client that I really wanna have for our next month issue?” Ally, Alice, and I nodded, “I got them! And FYI, you two are going to attend their concert in New York next week.” Emma said and I frowned at her while Ally and Alice cheered.

“What band?” I asked and they stopped cheering. Their eyes were on me and I just smiled innocently at them. I really have no idea who they’re talking about.

“It’s a boyband, actually.” Ally corrected and rolled her eyes at me.

“The name is Big Time Rush.” Emma said happily at me, still smiling so wide.

“Big Time...what? Never heard it before.” I told them and they groaned in frustration.

“It’s Big Time Rush, Ella. They have a TV show on Nickelodeon with a same name and we’re going to watch them next week. I thought you know about this!” Ally said.

“You haven’t told me before!” I defended.

“Oh yes, I have. I talked about them when we’re talking in your room a few days ago. Remember?” She asked me again and I thought about it. Yes, we were talking in my room a few days ago, but I don’t remember that she has mentioned or talked about them.

“No, I’m not.” I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest.

“Okay, okay. Cut it off, girls.” Alice scolded as she stood up from her seat before Ally could say anything again, “so, who wanna come with me for lunch?” We all nodded and headed off a Chinese restaurant that’s only one block away from the office. On our way to the restaurant, I couldn’t help but thinking about this concert that I’m going to attend next week. I hope it’s going to be fun even though I know that it’s going to be freezing cold in New York.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi!!! :D
It's a new story and about BTR, again. So, I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter. The next part will be better than this :D
Please give this story a chance and leave a comment. Thanks! :D