Status: Hiatus

Catch Me When I Fall

With You

I hummed quietly and did a little dance as I walked in to the elevator with a cup of caramel latte on my hand. I sipped it as I waited until the elevator reached for the 5th floor. When it reached, I walked out casually and passed every one I knew a smile. People might think that I’m weird for smiling the whole time, but hey, can’t I be happy for just one day? I smiled widely at Alice and Ally as I sat on my desk, “Good morning, El,” Alice greeted with a smile to me.

“Good morning, girl,” I greeted back and smiled again. I turned on my computer and started to write again but got stopped by Ally.

“Why are you so smiley today? To be honest, I’ve never seen you this happy before,” Ally said to me and raised her eyebrows in curiosity.

“I’m just in a very good mood these days,” I said shortly and shrugged my shoulders casually.

“Oh there must be something behind your good mood,” Alice snickered and rolled her eyes at me.

“Is it because a guy? Who’s this guy? Is it Kendall?” Ally asked right to the point but I just shrugged my shoulders. Ally was about to say something again but got cut off by the sound of my phone ringtone. I checked the caller I.D and it was a call from Kendall. What a perfect timing!

“Hello, beautiful,” he said from the other line that made me smile and blushed like crazy.

“Hey,” I said back and smiled wider, “Why are you calling on such a beautiful morning like this?” I asked and leaned on the back of my chair, earning a look from Ally and Alice who were listening to me talking to Kendall on the phone.

“Well, I just wanna let you know that I’m going to your office with the guys because we have photo shoot and interview,” My eyes nearly bulged out and I was about to jump from my seat and do a happy dance.

“Really?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yeah. By the way, I hope you’ll be finished with your job by 1 or 2pm so we could have lunch together. How’s that sound?”

“That sounds perfect!” I said happily to him, “If you want me to finish my job by that time, now you better hang up this call and let me do my job, ‘kay?”

“Okay. I’ll see you soon, Ella. Bye,” We exchanged goodbyes before he finally hung up the call. I put my phone on my desk and looked at Alice and Ally who were giving me a questioning look. Mhm, I smelt an interrogation coming up.

“Who’s that?” Alice started and leaned in closer to me to look at my eyes better so she would know if I lie.

“Nobody,” I said shortly and grinned widely.

“How could ‘nobody’ call you and make you smile and blush like crazy?” Ally snickered and rolled her eyes at me.

“Oh, shut up,” I waved my hand off at them, “Just let me do my job, okay?” I told them before ignoring them wondering to themselves and I started to do my job.

About a few hours later that felt like a decade for me, I finally got a text from Kendall saying that he’s already at my office. He also told me that he was about to do the photo shoot and interview with Alice. So, Alice has already gone to the photo studio and Ally went along with her. They told me that Kendall and the guys were coming and asked me to come with them but I refused it because I had to finish my review by lunch time. I read my review once again and when I was already satisfied with it, I gave it to Emma and headed off to the photo studio.

When I got in, it was Kendall’s time to do the photo shoot, “Ella!” I turned and saw James walking towards me with a smile on his face. He gave me a quick hug, “How are you? I haven’t seen you in a while,” he said as we parted from the hug.

“You know, I’ve been busy with work and such,” I shrugged my shoulders, “Hey, Logan, Carlos,” I greeted Logan and Carlos and gave them a quick hug too, “How are you guys?”

“We’re good.” They said in unison that made me smile slightly. I turned to see Kendall again and gave them a small wave and smile, “Why are you and Kendall so smiley today?” Carlos asked in curiosity.

“Coincidence, maybe?” I shrugged my shoulder casually. My smile got wider as Kendall walked towards me with a dimpled smile on his face. His green eyes sparkled with happiness and joy as he embraced me with a hug.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier that you’re going to be here?” I asked him as we hugged. I spotted Alice and Ally watching me and Kendall hugging from the table not too far from where I was standing with the guys.

“I wanted it to be a surprise for you,” he said as we pulled back. He smiled at me before kissing my lips softly in front of the guys, Alice, and Ally. I could feel the sparks and the butterflies in my stomach.

“Gosh! I should’ve seen this coming!” Logan exclaimed and shook his head.

“You’re dating her, aren’t ya? How long have you been dating with her?” James asked to Kendall and I turned to look at his face.

“And how come you didn’t tell us?!” Carlos piped up and gave Kendall a look.

He made this thinking face that looked cute for me before saying, “A week and a half, maybe.” Kendall answered shortly and slung his arm over my shoulder casually.

“Isn’t that right when you asked her to come to your house and have dinner together with her?” Carlos asked to make sure and Kendall just nodded his head.

“We’re happy for you, bro,” Logan said with a smile and patted Kendall’s shoulder.

“Thanks, man. It means a lot.” Kendall said and turned to see me again; looking at me in the eyes, then kissed my forehead. I grinned at him and reached up to kiss his cheek.

“Okay. Now stop being so lovey-dovey because we still have the interview. Come on!” James said and rolled his eyes playfully then walked towards Alice with Logan and Carlos.

“I’ll see you later, okay?” Kendall said to me and I nodded my head, “Okay. See you again in a few, beautiful.” He pecked my lips that made me blush before joining his friends. Ally jogged towards me and gave me an unbelieving look. We walked out from the studio and to the pantry so she could talk to me.

“What the hell was that?” Ally asked to me when she already closed the door. I hopped on to the counter and shrugged my shoulders casually, “You’ve been dating with Kendall for a week and a half and didn’t tell me about that? Great!”

“Chill, Al. It’s not like we’ve dated for a year or what. We just decided to make it as a surprise.” I said casually and watched Ally as she paced back and forth.

“Ella, you have no idea how curious I was all this time! I asked Logan about this, thinking that he knew about it, but he was just as clueless as me! He told me that he tried to ask that boyfriend of yours, but Kendall didn’t say anything. Logan told me that Kendall couldn’t stop smiling and grinning the whole time every time he looks at his phone. You were exactly doing that too! You smile and grin all the time and I should have seen this coming! Gosh…” Ally rambled and I just laughed slightly at her.

“Ally, chill.” I tried to calm her down and shook my head in disbelief. I hopped off the counter and straightened my clothes.

“By the way, I’m so happy for you, Ella. I’ve been waiting for this…” She said sincerely and hugged me.

“Thank you so much, Ally. It means a lot to me,” I pulled back from the hug and sighed softly, “So, I see that you’re pretty close with Logan these days. Care to explain what’s going on between you and him?” I asked her as I opened the door and walked out from the pantry.

“Nothing’s going on between me and him. What’s up?”

“I’m just wondering,” I shrugged my shoulders, “I mean, you’ve been hanging out with him lately. So I thought maybe you guys have some… um… kind of a connection, maybe?”

“I don’t know,” Ally just shrugged her shoulders, “I’m not gonna talk about this right now, okay? Sometimes I still think about Aaron.” She said and smiled sadly at me.

“Hey, move on is going to take a time. It’s not that easy, you know.” I gave her a reassuring smile and she just nodded faintly at me, “Okay, enough talking about this.” We walked out of the pantry and back to the studio so we could watch Alice interviewing the guys.

After messing around while talking and an hour later, the guys finally finished. Kendall waited for me near the elevator as I grabbed my bag from my desk and said goodbye to Ally, “Where are we going?” I asked as we stepped in to the elevator and intertwined our fingers.

“Where do you want to go?” He asked back to me.

“Well, I’ve been craving for some McDonalds these days…” I trailed off and chuckled quietly.

“Okay, then. McDonalds it is.” He agreed and kissed the top of my head.

As the elevator reached the main floor and the door opened, we let go of each other’s hand and walked out casually. We didn’t want to show any PDA yet, because… it’s Kendall’s idea. He didn’t want to see me get into trouble. By trouble, he meant paparazzi and stuff like that.

The ride to McDonalds was filled with us singing loudly to BTR CD that blasted from the speaker of his car. Kendall laughed at me when I sang his part on ‘Boyfriend’ and did a little dance. Basically, we had a very good time that day. I realized that I was just glad to be with him. I was glad that I could be myself around him. Around him, I don’t have to be someone I’m not.

“Hey, I just wanna say something to you.” I turned to see Kendall when he said that. I raised an eyebrow and waited for him to say something, “I just wanna say that I’m lucky to have you in my life right now.” He said with a smile on his face that made me blushed.

“Yeah, me too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
First of all, I'm so sorry for the due. It's been 4 months, yeah? I'm sorry for making you wait for 4 freaking months. Yep, it's my bad! :D So, I've been focusing myself on school for a while and... I gotta say there's a boy who distracted my brain for a while now. Lol.

Anyway, here it is chapter 14. Actually, I wrote this chapter like 3 months ago but I never finished it. But when I got time yesterday, I decided to finish it and posted it. Oh and I want to thank all of you who stick with me, keep reading this story, and give comment. Seriously it means a lot to me. You guys are amazing!

I don't know when the next chapter will be up because mid-term tests start on Monday and I have bunch of homework to do... But let's hope I could update this story soon! I think that's all I want to say. See you on the next chapter, fellas! ;)